Saturday Night Spooks

rpgronin

Saturday, October 16th, 2010

Freedom City is a place where the wild and fantastic regularly happens. Whether it be giant robots rampaging through the clean city streets, or a rogue team of supervillains with everything to prove causing wanton destruction and larceny to further their own vile agendas, it's rare indeed to find a page in history where the splendid locale was ever in any real danger given its abundance of super-powered heroes and crime-fighters. But even with so many allies, even sometimes the most benign of circumstances err, and situations arise wherein grave danger is to be had.

Now is such a time, as two immortal entities war with each other over the bleak domain of death. Worse, however, is not the increased drug activity, or the scourge of undead brought about as a byproduct of all the macabre dealings therein; the worst part is all the nutjobs that seem to have come out of the wood-works in its wake!

It was an early Saturday evening in West Freedom - peaceful and picturesque in its scenic glory, some might say - when the news broke all over televisions across Freedom City: Ashton Mall had been taken over by some crazy guys in black robes in a daring coup'! With hostages inside, the police and criminals at a stand-still, and no demands made, the already tense situation is reaching a boiling point. If something isn't done soon, there's no telling what the madmen inside might do...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a brief adventure aimed towards heroes in the PL7 to PL9 range. While I'd like to take characters within those ranges, a lone PL10 might be able to weasel their way in if there's a certifiable lack of interest. I'm looking for four, maybe five characters at most to take up their heroic mantles and are willing to attempt the liberation of Ashton Mall before something foul transpires.

I've received enough interest, and thus will not be accepting any more applicants. For those of you whom were still considering joining but didn't voice interest, I must apologize, as I don't think I'm comfortable enough with the system to take any more than what I've got now. Should a slot open up, I'll consider re-enlisting players if they are still interested, though given how brief I suspect the adventure will be, I don't want to get your hopes up.

To the four players whom voiced their interest, thread will be up sometime tomorrow morning whilst I'm at work or early in the afternoon afterward, with a PM notification sent out upon its inception to notify you.

Thank you for your interest.