It's For A Good Cause

Heridfel

"Interesting, tell me more about you. I like to get a nice feel for my employees before sending them out blindly into the field." as he grabbed another glass of champagne off a tray from a waitress passing by.

"Can't get enough of the stuff.." he said with a smirk.

Kain palms and pockets the business card and grabs a glass of champagne for himself and tries to look equally disengaging while he speaks, "Let's just say I have a talent for fulfilling whatever role need be filled. Need a bodyguard? I can do that. Need a nest of zombies or vampires taken out? I can do that too, though I have to warn you, if it's anything more, well, law obstructing, my price is a bit steep, considering the risk iinvolved, if I take the job at all."

Kain sighs and his eyes grow a bit dark, "If, however, you're asking about my background or my past employment experience, you'll have to go wanting there. That sort of information is damaging, to both of us, should it be leaked. Suffice it to say I make the French Foreign Legion look like amatuers."

Kain's smile brightens a little, but it doesn't reach his eyes as he says cherrilly, "But hey, that's what provider/consumer confidentiality is all about right?"

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Interesting, tell me more about you. I like to get a nice feel for my employees before sending them out blindly into the field." as he grabbed another glass of champagne off a tray from a waitress passing by.

"Can't get enough of the stuff.." he said with a smirk.

Kain palms and pockets the business card and grabs a glass of champagne for himself and tries to look equally disengaging while he speaks, "Let's just say I have a talent for fulfilling whatever role need be filled. Need a bodyguard? I can do that. Need a nest of zombies or vampires taken out? I can do that too, though I have to warn you, if it's anything more, well, law obstructing, my price is a bit steep, considering the risk iinvolved, if I take the job at all."

Kain sighs and his eyes grow a bit dark, "If, however, you're asking about my background or my past employment experience, you'll have to go wanting there. That sort of information is damaging, to both of us, should it be leaked. Suffice it to say I make the French Foreign Legion look like amatuers."

Kain's smile brightens a little, but it doesn't reach his eyes as he says cherrilly, "But hey, that's what provider/consumer confidentiality is all about right?"

Megan Howell followed alongside her parents as they made their way through the crowd, a friendly smile on her face as she greeted the people her parents stopped to speak with. Soon they were over at Jonathan Grant and his family. While her parents spoke with the head of Grant Conglomerates, Megan came over to Sarah Grant.

Though the older girl had been ahead of her in school by several grades, they still had interacted some, particularly at gatherings such as this. Smiling broadly, Megan greeting the other girl. “Good evening Sarah, how are you doing?â€Â

Megan Howell followed alongside her parents as they made their way through the crowd, a friendly smile on her face as she greeted the people her parents stopped to speak with. Soon they were over at Jonathan Grant and his family. While her parents spoke with the head of Grant Conglomerates, Megan came over to Sarah Grant.

Though the older girl had been ahead of her in school by several grades, they still had interacted some, particularly at gatherings such as this. Smiling broadly, Megan greeting the other girl. “Good evening Sarah, how are you doing?â€Â

Sarah looks over when Megan speaks, and the expression on her face softens. "Hello Megan. I've been better. It's just... it's been three years since Grandpa died, and Dad still keeps bringing it up. I know he actually cared about him," her tone of voice making it sound like this is a rare occurence, "but, well, I don't know. He won't let it heal. It's like he's picking at a scab."

She half-smiles as she looks up straight into Megan's eyes. "How are you doing? Better than me, I hope. There's a few cute guys here tonight. You aren't seeing anyone now, are you?"

Sarah looks over when Megan speaks, and the expression on her face softens. "Hello Megan. I've been better. It's just... it's been three years since Grandpa died, and Dad still keeps bringing it up. I know he actually cared about him," her tone of voice making it sound like this is a rare occurence, "but, well, I don't know. He won't let it heal. It's like he's picking at a scab."

She half-smiles as she looks up straight into Megan's eyes. "How are you doing? Better than me, I hope. There's a few cute guys here tonight. You aren't seeing anyone now, are you?"

Liam glanced over at the man whom had approached him..

"Listen, anything i want i can afford. Price is no object."

He looked around once more before telling the gentlemen to meet him at his office tommorrow afternoon. He then left the conversation to walk around a bit he noticed two young women talking as he passed by.

"They'll be badmouthing each other, as soon as they part ways...women are so catty.....especially the sort the frequent these functions" He thought to himself as he walked past.

He looked around once more before telling the gentlemen to meet him at his office tommorrow afternoon. He then left the conversation to walk around a bit he noticed two young women talking as he passed by.

"They'll be badmouthing each other, as soon as they part ways...women are so catty.....especially the sort the frequent these functions" He thought to himself as he walked past.

Megan glanced over at Sarah’s father a moment as she replied, “yeah, well, I’m sure your dad can be a lot like mine, getting focused on something to the point where it becomes almost his total focus.â€Â

Megan thought a moment about Randy. They had gone on a few dates, and spent time together at the Midnight Society’s New Year’s Party. She was not sure what to say their relationship was. “No. I’m not really seeing anyone at the moment.†The blonde teen replied with a smile. “Besides, talking and dancing with someone is just being social.â€Â

Megan glanced over at Sarah’s father a moment as she replied, “yeah, well, I’m sure your dad can be a lot like mine, getting focused on something to the point where it becomes almost his total focus.â€Â

Megan thought a moment about Randy. They had gone on a few dates, and spent time together at the Midnight Society’s New Year’s Party. She was not sure what to say their relationship was. “No. I’m not really seeing anyone at the moment.†The blonde teen replied with a smile. “Besides, talking and dancing with someone is just being social.â€Â

Kain gave Liam a quick nod and strode off. He milled around for a bit more, noting the two young women speaking to each other near the man named Grant who had given the speech. They couldn't hold his attention long, he was beginning to bore now that his goal had been achieved. Kain decided to head over to a chair near a corner of the room so as to finish his champagne in privacy.

Kain gave Liam a quick nod and strode off. He milled around for a bit more, noting the two young women speaking to each other near the man named Grant who had given the speech. They couldn't hold his attention long, he was beginning to bore now that his goal had been achieved. Kain decided to head over to a chair near a corner of the room so as to finish his champagne in privacy.

The Mondsee's finally make their entrance. Fashionably late was always his mother's imperative at these kinds of events.

She and Golo made quite the matched set. 38.jpg Turning heads wherever she goes. Sometimes it's tremendously embarrassing. And Seth learned a long time ago not to bring teenaged boys around the house. His mothers gift for flirting was legendary. But she would never cheat on Dad. People just didn't get it. It causes awkwardness.

And he behind them: 30.jpg He had changed tuxes at the last minute. His mother had insisted he take off that ratty thing hanging in his closet, and had taken him into one of the Fashion offices where she did print work, and demanded a Couture Tux for him. His mother was rapidly rising up the ranks of the Model world, and would soon be a super-model. So she got what she wanted...and he did have to admit he looked good.

They walked in, Golo removing his top hat, and looking around for friendly faces. He spotted the Howells, and pointed them out to Seth. First, though, they had business to take care of.

His mother, god bless her, walked right up to Dr. Grant, sauntering like it was some kind of runway. Removing her white gloves one armfull at a time. She reached into her clutch, and pulled out a check. Kissing Dr. Grant on each check "Hello, Sorry we were late. I just wanted to make sure you got your donation here at the beginning of the night." She unfolds the check, and drops it in the box with a flourish. "It's for such a good cause. And we enjoy these events of yours so much."

With that bit of social grandstanding completed, The Mondsee's make their way on over towards the Howell's. And Seth is stuck standing alone. Waiting for Megan to finish her conversation.

At least he looks good in his Tux.

The Mondsee's finally make their entrance. Fashionably late was always his mother's imperative at these kinds of events.

She and Golo made quite the matched set. 38.jpg Turning heads wherever she goes. Sometimes it's tremendously embarrassing. And Seth learned a long time ago not to bring teenaged boys around the house. His mothers gift for flirting was legendary. But she would never cheat on Dad. People just didn't get it. It causes awkwardness.

And he behind them: 30.jpg He had changed tuxes at the last minute. His mother had insisted he take off that ratty thing hanging in his closet, and had taken him into one of the Fashion offices where she did print work, and demanded a Couture Tux for him. His mother was rapidly rising up the ranks of the Model world, and would soon be a super-model. So she got what she wanted...and he did have to admit he looked good.

They walked in, Golo removing his top hat, and looking around for friendly faces. He spotted the Howells, and pointed them out to Seth. First, though, they had business to take care of.

His mother, god bless her, walked right up to Dr. Grant, sauntering like it was some kind of runway. Removing her white gloves one armfull at a time. She reached into her clutch, and pulled out a check. Kissing Dr. Grant on each check "Hello, Sorry we were late. I just wanted to make sure you got your donation here at the beginning of the night." She unfolds the check, and drops it in the box with a flourish. "It's for such a good cause. And we enjoy these events of yours so much."

With that bit of social grandstanding completed, The Mondsee's make their way on over towards the Howell's. And Seth is stuck standing alone. Waiting for Megan to finish her conversation.

"Oh my," Dorian said in mock surprise. "There seem to be quite the number of pretty little things in this party. Dont you agree Giselle?" Dorian's eyes noted two pretty one girls tlaking in the corner, one in particular seemed to e quite exceptional. Giselle spoke in his ear.

"A little young for you. Don't you agree Dorian?" He chuckled. Then he stopped and watched as another woman made a spectacular entrance. In a flurry of drama, she presented her check to Grant. She was quite ravishing. Dorian like this new rich hunting grounds.

"She is almost as good at making a scene as you are." Dorian said. When Giselle didn't respond in her usual flippant manner Dorian turned to look at her. She was chewing her lip in concentration. "Whats wrong with you?" Dorian asked.

"Thats Monica." She said distractedly.

"I see, an old aquaintence then." Dorian said.

"Thats Monica Mondsee, Dorian." She sounded exasperated, as if those four words should have knocked him off of his feet. "I want to go meet her." Dorian sighed. She tugged on his arm. "I want to go meet her now Dorian." Dorian felt a brief flash of irritation. This is what append when you took a spoiled brat with you anywhere. He took a sip of the champagne.

"Very well then." Dorian replied. "Lets go."

Giselle led him by the arm towards the Mondsees. Dorian noted with some amusement that she was strutting. When they reached the Mondsee's, Dorian spoke up.

"I have to say Mrs Mondsee you certainly have a talent for big entrances."

"Oh my," Dorian said in mock surprise. "There seem to be quite the number of pretty little things in this party. Dont you agree Giselle?" Dorian's eyes noted two pretty one girls tlaking in the corner, one in particular seemed to e quite exceptional. Giselle spoke in his ear.

"A little young for you. Don't you agree Dorian?" He chuckled. Then he stopped and watched as another woman made a spectacular entrance. In a flurry of drama, she presented her check to Grant. She was quite ravishing. Dorian like this new rich hunting grounds.

"She is almost as good at making a scene as you are." Dorian said. When Giselle didn't respond in her usual flippant manner Dorian turned to look at her. She was chewing her lip in concentration. "Whats wrong with you?" Dorian asked.

"Thats Monica Mondsee, Dorian." She sounded exasperated, as if those four words should have knocked him off of his feet. "I want to go meet her." Dorian sighed. She tugged on his arm. "I want to go meet her now Dorian." Dorian felt a brief flash of irritation. This is what append when you took a spoiled brat with you anywhere. He took a sip of the champagne.

Giselle led him by the arm towards the Mondsees. Dorian noted with some amusement that she was strutting. When they reached the Mondsee's, Dorian spoke up.

Liam walked up to Grant handed him a check and proceeded to take a seat in the back corner of the room having not been very impressed by the company tonight.

He lights up a cigarette before realizing the irony of smoking at a charity dinner for cancer research. He laughed to himself and leans back in his chair with a slight smirk on his face.

Liam walked up to Grant handed him a check and proceeded to take a seat in the back corner of the room having not been very impressed by the company tonight.

He lights up a cigarette before realizing the irony of smoking at a charity dinner for cancer research. He laughed to himself and leans back in his chair with a slight smirk on his face.