It's For A Good Cause

Heridfel

Dorian laughed at her teasing. "I daresay its been a while since someone trivialized my life's work in such a manner. I believe the last person to speak like that was my mother." Dorian Said. "As a man I have a god given right play with toys, just like young women continue to play dress up." Dorian glanced a t Seth.

"A musician? I would never have guessed he seemed so quite until a moment ago. I wouldn't call it through the mud Mrs. Mondsee. After all if you cant use the power that your family has accumulated over their life time to embarass your enemies then what is the point?"

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dorian laughed at her teasing. "I daresay its been a while since someone trivialized my life's work in such a manner. I believe the last person to speak like that was my mother." Dorian Said. "As a man I have a god given right play with toys, just like young women continue to play dress up." Dorian glanced a t Seth.

"A musician? I would never have guessed he seemed so quite until a moment ago. I wouldn't call it through the mud Mrs. Mondsee. After all if you cant use the power that your family has accumulated over their life time to embarass your enemies then what is the point?"

Monica smiles and works her way up to whisper something in your ear.

"The point, my dear boy is to look as beautiful as possible." The lightest caress of breath on your neck. "And to leave as many men with their tongues hanging out of their mouths as is divinely possible." She pulls away slowly, her mouth and hand moving towards your lips, but she pulls away gracefully at the last second, turns on her heel and starts to swish and sway away. "It was a pleasure Dorian. We simply must do it again sometime."

"The point, my dear boy is to look as beautiful as possible." The lightest caress of breath on your neck. "And to leave as many men with their tongues hanging out of their mouths as is divinely possible." She pulls away slowly, her mouth and hand moving towards your lips, but she pulls away gracefully at the last second, turns on her heel and starts to swish and sway away. "It was a pleasure Dorian. We simply must do it again sometime."

"No, he just hides it better," Sarah says absent-mindedly to Megan. Realizing what she just said, she looks straight towards Megan. "I mean, that's what I think, anyway. It's not like I'd know what your dad feels, right?" she asks with a small chuckle. It seemed a little forced to Megan.

She quickly changes the subject, "Oh, look over there. One of those boys is making some noise. What's his malfunction?"

Dr. Grant looks surprised, like he hadn't expected the Emissary to say that.

"I, uh, that is, we greatly appreciate your offer, but we wouldn't want to take away from your duties as ambassador. Even then, the police would have to approve of your investigation - they've already collected a great deal of evidence, and we can't help you with that," he says. He was obviously thinking off the cuff, unlike most of the platitudes he had been saying earlier in the evening. He also left an opening for the Emissary to overrule his protests, which he seems to realize as the Emissary doesn't look like he's about to acquiese.

Seth does get some looks from other people as he makes an effort to make a scene. Unfortunately, the cigar in the glass has been taken away, and it mostly looks like the scene is Seth's fault. When Liam leaves and Seth yells after him, he gets some dirty looks from other people within the room. In particular, he catches his father's eyes, who quickly moves his finger across his throat to say "Cut it out." There will probably be more than that later, judging from how angry he looks now, but he isn't going to discipline his child in front of Freedom City's society elite.

"No, he just hides it better," Sarah says absent-mindedly to Megan. Realizing what she just said, she looks straight towards Megan. "I mean, that's what I think, anyway. It's not like I'd know what your dad feels, right?" she asks with a small chuckle. It seemed a little forced to Megan.

She quickly changes the subject, "Oh, look over there. One of those boys is making some noise. What's his malfunction?"

"I, uh, that is, we greatly appreciate your offer, but we wouldn't want to take away from your duties as ambassador. Even then, the police would have to approve of your investigation - they've already collected a great deal of evidence, and we can't help you with that," he says. He was obviously thinking off the cuff, unlike most of the platitudes he had been saying earlier in the evening. He also left an opening for the Emissary to overrule his protests, which he seems to realize as the Emissary doesn't look like he's about to acquiese.

Seth does get some looks from other people as he makes an effort to make a scene. Unfortunately, the cigar in the glass has been taken away, and it mostly looks like the scene is Seth's fault. When Liam leaves and Seth yells after him, he gets some dirty looks from other people within the room. In particular, he catches his father's eyes, who quickly moves his finger across his throat to say "Cut it out." There will probably be more than that later, judging from how angry he looks now, but he isn't going to discipline his child in front of Freedom City's society elite.

"Ah, but it seems to me, and my people often agree, that rendering aid in this way is very much part of my duties as ambassador. Beyond that, the police have already seemed entirely willing to accept my presence in this matter. I had inquired ahead of time so that if you yourself were amenable, I could spare you that particular trouble."

"Ah, but it seems to me, and my people often agree, that rendering aid in this way is very much part of my duties as ambassador. Beyond that, the police have already seemed entirely willing to accept my presence in this matter. I had inquired ahead of time so that if you yourself were amenable, I could spare you that particular trouble."

Dorian watches a moment before he turns away. Quite an intriguing Woman, on second thought quite an interesting family. He begins to smile. "Yes I believe we shall at that." He mutters to himself.

"See Dorian?" Dorian turns to Giselle. "I told you you you would want to meet her." She sighs and fishes around in her hand bag and takes out a small makeup mirror. Dorian's eyes begin scanning the room. He notices the two young girls that he had spotted earlier that night. "Dorian I'm going to see if i can get into her next show." Perfect. Dorian thought. he watched as she walked away after Mrs. Mondsee.

Dorian began to move towards the two young ladies, when he notices a new development. He watches as the strange metallic creature that calls himself the Emissary begin talking to Grant. So my tip was right, the Utopians are in bed with Grant. he was a little surprised that Grant was conducting business out in the open. He changed direction and began moving towards Grant. Business first.

Dorian watches a moment before he turns away. Quite an intriguing Woman, on second thought quite an interesting family. He begins to smile. "Yes I believe we shall at that." He mutters to himself.

"See Dorian?" Dorian turns to Giselle. "I told you you you would want to meet her." She sighs and fishes around in her hand bag and takes out a small makeup mirror. Dorian's eyes begin scanning the room. He notices the two young girls that he had spotted earlier that night. "Dorian I'm going to see if i can get into her next show." Perfect. Dorian thought. he watched as she walked away after Mrs. Mondsee.

Dorian began to move towards the two young ladies, when he notices a new development. He watches as the strange metallic creature that calls himself the Emissary begin talking to Grant. So my tip was right, the Utopians are in bed with Grant. he was a little surprised that Grant was conducting business out in the open. He changed direction and began moving towards Grant. Business first.

Megan cocked an eyebrow slightly at Sarah’s comment, but then let the other girl change the subject as the blonde teen looked in the direction Sarah indicated. “That’s Seth.†Megan replied, recognizing the young man. “I’m not sure why he is blasting that other guy. Though that guy looks like something of a jerk.â€Â

Megan cocked an eyebrow slightly at Sarah’s comment, but then let the other girl change the subject as the blonde teen looked in the direction Sarah indicated. “That’s Seth.†Megan replied, recognizing the young man. “I’m not sure why he is blasting that other guy. Though that guy looks like something of a jerk.â€Â

"Well, if you already spoke with the police and they're willing to let you help, how could I do anything less?" Grant says. "Grant Conglomerates will provide you as much assistance as possible in your investigation. I'm sure that Dr. Hanks' family will appreciate anything that keeps the case from going cold."

He looks over to one of his bodyguards who is trying to get his attention. The bodyguard taps his wrist, and Dr. Grant nods. He turns back to the Emissary with a smile.

"It looks like it's time for the dinner to start. Thank you again for attending the benefit, Emissary. Right now, those of us who need to eat are starting to get a bit hungry," he chuckles at the end at his small joke.

Sarah snickers, "Most of the people here are jerks. It starts with the money, and continues with the self-righteous attitude. It's not being a jerk that gets you in trouble; it's getting caught and getting a reporter making a story out of it. You know the guy, eh? Is he always like that?"

"Well, if you already spoke with the police and they're willing to let you help, how could I do anything less?" Grant says. "Grant Conglomerates will provide you as much assistance as possible in your investigation. I'm sure that Dr. Hanks' family will appreciate anything that keeps the case from going cold."

He looks over to one of his bodyguards who is trying to get his attention. The bodyguard taps his wrist, and Dr. Grant nods. He turns back to the Emissary with a smile.

"It looks like it's time for the dinner to start. Thank you again for attending the benefit, Emissary. Right now, those of us who need to eat are starting to get a bit hungry," he chuckles at the end at his small joke.

Sarah snickers, "Most of the people here are jerks. It starts with the money, and continues with the self-righteous attitude. It's not being a jerk that gets you in trouble; it's getting caught and getting a reporter making a story out of it. You know the guy, eh? Is he always like that?"

Before Grant can depart Dorian puts himself in the way, so that grant would have to go through him to escape. "Dr. Grant it is a pleasure to meet you." The man blinks at Dorian. Dorian almost scowled.

"Magnus," He says while extending his hand. "Dorian Magnus; Vulcan Industries." Dorian Looks at Emissary. "Ahh you must be the Emissary from Utopia, also a pleasure to meet you." He shakes his hand as well noting the inhuman strength that lay in that grip. "So gentlemen," He says with a massive grin. "How is business lately?"

Before Grant can depart Dorian puts himself in the way, so that grant would have to go through him to escape. "Dr. Grant it is a pleasure to meet you." The man blinks at Dorian. Dorian almost scowled.

"Magnus," He says while extending his hand. "Dorian Magnus; Vulcan Industries." Dorian Looks at Emissary. "Ahh you must be the Emissary from Utopia, also a pleasure to meet you." He shakes his hand as well noting the inhuman strength that lay in that grip. "So gentlemen," He says with a massive grin. "How is business lately?"

“Seth?†Megan asked. “No, he’s not really like that usually. But he is used to getting attention. He’s a musician, and I hear he plays a lot of places around the city.â€Â

The young blonde glanced back towards Sarah’s father, and saw that he was not alone. Emissary was speaking with Dr. Grant, though Megan doubted he the silver man would know her out of costume. “Looks like your dad might be getting into some serious discussions right now.†She commented as another man moved over near Dr. Grant. Megan recognized him as Dorian Magnus, CEO of Vulcan Industries. One of the nice side benefits of her powers was the ability to get her homework done in a couple of minutes, tops. That left her plenty of time for other things, and there were only so many gossip and fashion magazines to read. So Megan read lots of other things, which included business news.

“Seth?†Megan asked. “No, he’s not really like that usually. But he is used to getting attention. He’s a musician, and I hear he plays a lot of places around the city.â€Â

The young blonde glanced back towards Sarah’s father, and saw that he was not alone. Emissary was speaking with Dr. Grant, though Megan doubted he the silver man would know her out of costume. “Looks like your dad might be getting into some serious discussions right now.†She commented as another man moved over near Dr. Grant. Megan recognized him as Dorian Magnus, CEO of Vulcan Industries. One of the nice side benefits of her powers was the ability to get her homework done in a couple of minutes, tops. That left her plenty of time for other things, and there were only so many gossip and fashion magazines to read. So Megan read lots of other things, which included business news.