It's For A Good Cause

Heridfel

Liam walked up to Grant handed him a check and proceeded to take a seat in the back corner of the room having not been very impressed by the company tonight.

He lights up a cigarette before realizing the irony of smoking at a charity dinner for cancer research. He laughed to himself and leans back in his chair with a slight smirk on his face.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Megan was speaking with Sarah, she noticed one of the other guests (Liam) come over towards Sarah’s father with a look on his face that seemed to indicate he though he was very self important. His tuxedo looked nice enough, but it really just did not look that good on him, most likely because he did not quite carry it off well. Well, that is certainly not one of the cute guys. She thought as she focused back on Sarah, the man not seeming to be worth any more of her time.

As Megan was speaking with Sarah, she noticed one of the other guests (Liam) come over towards Sarah’s father with a look on his face that seemed to indicate he though he was very self important. His tuxedo looked nice enough, but it really just did not look that good on him, most likely because he did not quite carry it off well. Well, that is certainly not one of the cute guys. She thought as she focused back on Sarah, the man not seeming to be worth any more of her time.

Seeing nothing more to really be done here. Kain stood, walked over to this Grant fellow, offered him an envelope filled with money (couldn't have just anyone knowing his name and bank account number after all) and strode out of the ballroom purposefully, leaving his champagne on a nearby empty table. It was time for Kain to prepare for the next day's activities, which included blade sharpening, arsenal checking and rechecking, and of course, watching an episode or two of "I Love Lucy." Hey, even ancient demonic killing machines have their pastimes...

Seeing nothing more to really be done here. Kain stood, walked over to this Grant fellow, offered him an envelope filled with money (couldn't have just anyone knowing his name and bank account number after all) and strode out of the ballroom purposefully, leaving his champagne on a nearby empty table. It was time for Kain to prepare for the next day's activities, which included blade sharpening, arsenal checking and rechecking, and of course, watching an episode or two of "I Love Lucy." Hey, even ancient demonic killing machines have their pastimes...

One of the waitstaff walks over to Liam and says, "Excuse me sir, but there's no smoking in here."

Sarah nods knowingly to Megan.

"Yeah, trust me, you won't miss high school. There's a lot less of that crap about 'Oh, she was dancing with that other guy, does she not like me?' College guys are a lot simpler. It's more making sure that they don't try to freak on you when they get smashed."

One of the waitstaff walks over to Liam and says, "Excuse me sir, but there's no smoking in here."

"Yeah, trust me, you won't miss high school. There's a lot less of that crap about 'Oh, she was dancing with that other guy, does she not like me?' College guys are a lot simpler. It's more making sure that they don't try to freak on you when they get smashed."

Megan smiled back at Sarah. “I have actually gone on a few dates with a Freshman at FCU in the last month.â€Â

She then looked back out into the crowd. “So, did you see anyone in particular you were thinking about?†The blonde teen asked.

Megan smiled back at Sarah. “I have actually gone on a few dates with a Freshman at FCU in the last month.â€Â

She then looked back out into the crowd. “So, did you see anyone in particular you were thinking about?†The blonde teen asked.

The waitress was looking at Liam waiting for a response..Liam sighed and advised her not to make eye contact with him.

" So for a $500 dinner, i still can't even smoke?" He said just loud enough to be heard by other people in the room but not quite loud enough to be disruptive. He then put out his cigar in his champagne glass told the girl to take it away and bring him another glass.

The waitress was looking at Liam waiting for a response..Liam sighed and advised her not to make eye contact with him.

" So for a $500 dinner, i still can't even smoke?" He said just loud enough to be heard by other people in the room but not quite loud enough to be disruptive. He then put out his cigar in his champagne glass told the girl to take it away and bring him another glass.

Charmed, I'm sure. One does struggle to leave the proper impression these days. So much pressure to stand by the wayside in your country. I do not understand it. In Spain we know how to have a party.

I'm afraid, my handsome gentleman friend, that you have me at something of a disadvantage. You're name sir? Monica Mondsee says with that beautiful accented smoky-contralto voice. The lilt of her Catalan accent is both alluring and frankly flirtatious.

As is the way she looks up through those big eyelashes, and lays one hand lightly on your arm.

Seth on the other hand, heard some ugliness off to his left. And well.... He was feeling kinda ballsy.

"You know, at a charity dinner...it's generally considered crass to be less than charitable. Particularly to the underpaid staff."

Then quietly: He takes a 100 dollar bill out of his wallet, and palms it in the waitresses hand. 'Here take this. It's my way of apologizing for this oaf. And if you're around later....I'd like to apologize again. You don't deserve to be treated like this at your place of business."

He turns back to the near-do-well smoker ..."I've been thinking about it. Crass isn't the right word for your behavior. Boorish. Common, Improper, Inelegant, LOUTISH, Uncultivated, Uncultured, vulgar. Oh...Poor-mannered. That's a good one. What else? Tacky. Then, there are the phrases we can use to describe it. 'Of poor breeding' comes to mind. You want to help me with this? I'm only a kid after all. So it's difficult for me to find the right word."

Charmed, I'm sure. One does struggle to leave the proper impression these days. So much pressure to stand by the wayside in your country. I do not understand it. In Spain we know how to have a party.

I'm afraid, my handsome gentleman friend, that you have me at something of a disadvantage. You're name sir? Monica Mondsee says with that beautiful accented smoky-contralto voice. The lilt of her Catalan accent is both alluring and frankly flirtatious.

As is the way she looks up through those big eyelashes, and lays one hand lightly on your arm.

Seth on the other hand, heard some ugliness off to his left. And well.... He was feeling kinda ballsy.

"You know, at a charity dinner...it's generally considered crass to be less than charitable. Particularly to the underpaid staff."

Then quietly: He takes a 100 dollar bill out of his wallet, and palms it in the waitresses hand. 'Here take this. It's my way of apologizing for this oaf. And if you're around later....I'd like to apologize again. You don't deserve to be treated like this at your place of business."

He turns back to the near-do-well smoker ..."I've been thinking about it. Crass isn't the right word for your behavior. Boorish. Common, Improper, Inelegant, LOUTISH, Uncultivated, Uncultured, vulgar. Oh...Poor-mannered. That's a good one. What else? Tacky. Then, there are the phrases we can use to describe it. 'Of poor breeding' comes to mind. You want to help me with this? I'm only a kid after all. So it's difficult for me to find the right word."

The woman takes the glass with only the slightest hint of distaste on her face, and she is about to move away quickly before Seth intercepts her. She looks down at the bill, and then back up at Seth.

"Oh, no, this is too much. Give it to the charity if you want," she says. She doesn't say anything in response to Seth's offer for a second apology, but Seth can tell that she's definitely thinking about it. Playing a little hard-to-get might give her a better chance with him anyway.

Sarah laughs. The change it makes to her face is extraordinary, changing her from a pouty teenager to an attractive young woman.

"No, I actually have a steady boyfriend. I'm not a very good example of the modern co-ed. At least it means my mom can sleep at night without worrying where I am. She probably does anyway," Sarah says as she glances over to her mother, who's standing at her father's side, "but I don't feel like I'm to blame for it."

The woman takes the glass with only the slightest hint of distaste on her face, and she is about to move away quickly before Seth intercepts her. She looks down at the bill, and then back up at Seth.

"Oh, no, this is too much. Give it to the charity if you want," she says. She doesn't say anything in response to Seth's offer for a second apology, but Seth can tell that she's definitely thinking about it. Playing a little hard-to-get might give her a better chance with him anyway.

Sarah laughs. The change it makes to her face is extraordinary, changing her from a pouty teenager to an attractive young woman.

"No, I actually have a steady boyfriend. I'm not a very good example of the modern co-ed. At least it means my mom can sleep at night without worrying where I am. She probably does anyway," Sarah says as she glances over to her mother, who's standing at her father's side, "but I don't feel like I'm to blame for it."

Megan smiled back, glad that Sarah seemed to lighten up some. “There’s nothing wrong with a steady boyfriend.†She replied. “I’ve just had the problem that the last few for me have not been able to keep my attention for very long.â€Â

When Sarah made the glance over at her parents and talking about her mom worrying about her, Megan looked over as well, wondering just what Sarah meant with her comment. “Well, mom’s always worry you know. Dad’s often do with their daughters as well, particularly if they remember what they were like. I’m lucky that I’m the youngest, so most of my dad’s fretting was spent on my older sister.â€Â

Megan smiled back, glad that Sarah seemed to lighten up some. “There’s nothing wrong with a steady boyfriend.†She replied. “I’ve just had the problem that the last few for me have not been able to keep my attention for very long.â€Â

When Sarah made the glance over at her parents and talking about her mom worrying about her, Megan looked over as well, wondering just what Sarah meant with her comment. “Well, mom’s always worry you know. Dad’s often do with their daughters as well, particularly if they remember what they were like. I’m lucky that I’m the youngest, so most of my dad’s fretting was spent on my older sister.â€Â