I'll Be There With Bells On

Heridfel

The ride isn't too bumpy for High Note, as he settles into the same rhythm as Pseudo's wingbeats. Teke, on the other hand, seems to be a half-note off the whole time, and the sight of South River can't come soon enough. They can both feel the strength in his body, and the tips of the wings look razor-sharp. He probably will fight in this form, when the Maestro appears.

Pseudo, for his part, is rather quiet. His current form doesn't lend itself to speech, and for all that he seemed to be a light-hearted comedian at the party, High Note and Teke can both sense how disciplined his mind is. He breaks his silence with a quick thought as he starts to descend towards Lincoln.

"How much do the two of you know of the Maestro? I did not ask you earlier, and I should have."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ride isn't too bumpy for High Note, as he settles into the same rhythm as Pseudo's wingbeats. Teke, on the other hand, seems to be a half-note off the whole time, and the sight of South River can't come soon enough. They can both feel the strength in his body, and the tips of the wings look razor-sharp. He probably will fight in this form, when the Maestro appears.

Pseudo, for his part, is rather quiet. His current form doesn't lend itself to speech, and for all that he seemed to be a light-hearted comedian at the party, High Note and Teke can both sense how disciplined his mind is. He breaks his silence with a quick thought as he starts to descend towards Lincoln.

"How much do the two of you know of the Maestro? I did not ask you earlier, and I should have."

"The Maestro is a member of the Crime League, but he usually works on his own. He can hit you with a solid burst of sound, control your minds with subliminal tones, and protect himself from attacks. If you can disarm him of his conductor's wand, he's basically out of the fight. He also can't fly, so he has limited mobility. He also doesn't respond well to being taunted - he's rather full of himself. If you have any talent with that, it's a worthwhile strategy," Pseudo thinks to both of his riders.

Pseudo's head moves back and forth as he scans the ground for where the Maestro might be hiding. Depending on how well High Note and Teke covered their ears, they may be able to make out a faint song being played.

"The Maestro is a member of the Crime League, but he usually works on his own. He can hit you with a solid burst of sound, control your minds with subliminal tones, and protect himself from attacks. If you can disarm him of his conductor's wand, he's basically out of the fight. He also can't fly, so he has limited mobility. He also doesn't respond well to being taunted - he's rather full of himself. If you have any talent with that, it's a worthwhile strategy," Pseudo thinks to both of his riders.

Pseudo's head moves back and forth as he scans the ground for where the Maestro might be hiding. Depending on how well High Note and Teke covered their ears, they may be able to make out a faint song being played.

"I think I can handle getting one little wand away from him. It shouldn't be that hard." Seth said, full of confidence.

It's not like he couldn't lift a car. So, how could one little guy resist if pulled the wand right out of his hand? Didn't seem possible.

"I think I can handle getting one little wand away from him. It shouldn't be that hard." Seth said, full of confidence.

It's not like he couldn't lift a car. So, how could one little guy resist if pulled the wand right out of his hand? Didn't seem possible.

"And I can handle getting him all sorts of pissed off. I'll just tell him I heard one of his songs in remixed into a rap video. That should make him lose his cool." High Note couldn't help but smile as he thought of something. "Oh, I figured out a way you can know it me talking and not one of his auditory illusions. I'll say the name of a fruit before everything else."

"And I can handle getting him all sorts of pissed off. I'll just tell him I heard one of his songs in remixed into a rap video. That should make him lose his cool." High Note couldn't help but smile as he thought of something. "Oh, I figured out a way you can know it me talking and not one of his auditory illusions. I'll say the name of a fruit before everything else."

"You could also just keep thinking through my mental web," Pseudo thinks in reply to Gordy's thought. He doesn't say anything to Seth's words - he wouldn't have heard them, and it seems like Pseudo is being careful to only pass along thoughts that are meant for public consumption.

His head moves suddenly. He spotted something. His last thought to the two heroes is "Hold on!"

"You could also just keep thinking through my mental web," Pseudo thinks in reply to Gordy's thought. He doesn't say anything to Seth's words - he wouldn't have heard them, and it seems like Pseudo is being careful to only pass along thoughts that are meant for public consumption.

His head moves suddenly. He spotted something. His last thought to the two heroes is "Hold on!"

Psuedo lurched towards the Ground....and Seth had had enough. He kicked with his legs and let himself freefall for the briefest of moments before he turtled-up and caught himself mentally.

This was flying. Like man was intended to fly. Not that horrible up and down motion. That just made Seth sick.

He figured he was probably about 150 feet up from Maestro. He did the calculations in his head and came up with 147.45 feet. So yeah. Lets just see how the Freedom Leaguer handles things....Then Seth would be ready to rumble.

Psuedo lurched towards the Ground....and Seth had had enough. He kicked with his legs and let himself freefall for the briefest of moments before he turtled-up and caught himself mentally.

This was flying. Like man was intended to fly. Not that horrible up and down motion. That just made Seth sick.

He figured he was probably about 150 feet up from Maestro. He did the calculations in his head and came up with 147.45 feet. So yeah. Lets just see how the Freedom Leaguer handles things....Then Seth would be ready to rumble.

High Note isn't sure what's about to go down, but knows it can't be anything good from the tone of Pseudo's...thought? 'Is that right?' High Note pushes semantics concerns to the back of his mind and brings up his forcefield, a wave of vibrating sound enveloping him, while rolling to his side and landing on a rooftop. He then scrambles to the edge, looking for an easy way down

High Note isn't sure what's about to go down, but knows it can't be anything good from the tone of Pseudo's...thought? 'Is that right?' High Note pushes semantics concerns to the back of his mind and brings up his forcefield, a wave of vibrating sound enveloping him, while rolling to his side and landing on a rooftop. He then scrambles to the edge, looking for an easy way down

High Note's disembarkment pays off. From below, a powerful blast of sound emanates up into Pseudo's midsection. It didn't come from the Maestro, however. A lone figure arises with an audible hum from the alleyway where he had been lying in wait. A black bandana disguises his mundane identity, but anyone who knows anything about Lincoln and its protectors knows who this is. It's Sonic, one of the members of Next-Gen.

Pseudo takes the blow hard. It seems like the form that he had been using for travel wasn't very well protected against surprise attacks, and the Maestro's follow-up attack against him (which, if anything, is even stronger) leaves him on the ropes. His thoughts seem to waver, "...Sonic...help him..."