Sword & Sheath (IC)

Fox

"Alright, nice. Good, grounded stance. It's a heavier blade, so you're going for strong, stable footwork," Jack explained, walking back around Gaian Knight to stand in front of him. "You're adding reach and heft, but that works against you if your opponent can unbalance you. Any time you transfer your weight, it's going to be to put it behind a swing; cover your movements with an attack, see?"

Hopping slightly as her seat reshaped itself, Jill raised an eyebrow. "That's like the opposite of what you told me."

Her brother nodded. "That's because you're a teenage girl and he's a big guy in bloody breastplate."

"Hey," Gaian chuckled, shifting his feet a little to support a poor but experimental swing. "Don't mock the breastplate. This thing's saved my life more times than I care to admit. I'm tough but I'm not bullet-stopping tough. Kinda stuck in-between guys who stop bullets with spandex and guys - or girls - who dance around in a fight, untouchable."

"Good advice, though." He opened his eyes again, shifting back into position and eyeing the sword. "It looks like I'm going to have a lot of solo practice in my future."

"Who's mocking the breastplate?" Jack said innocently, laying a hand lightly on his chest as though wounded. "That'd sound like this: 'Hee hee, breasts.' Totally different!"

Jill placed her face in her own hands. "Who thought giving the superpower of making pointy things to the five year old was a good idea?" she sighed.

"Anyway," Jack continued, ignoring his sister, "there's something to be said for moderation, Gai."

Under the cloth, Gaian grinned. "Maybe that childlike innocence keeps him in check. And would you believe the original model I looked at had realistic metal nipples on the front? Who puts nipples on a chestplate? The arguing I had to do to get them taken off...." He shook his head. "Artists."

Finally easing out of his stance, the earthmover eyed the sword for a moment, but shrugged. "Yeah, yeah...moderation. I couldn't kill myself practicing my swordwork even if I wanted to...I've got hero work and a day job. Sometimes I'm surprised I get any sleep, heh...but at least now I have a place to start. Thanks," he said, nodding his head to Jack & Jill. "It's always a pleasure to learn a bit from someone more knowledgeable."

One of Jack's eyes squinted behind his bandanna mask while the eyebrow above the other raised. "I am super uncomfortable discussing your metal nipples, Gai, especially in front of my little sister."

"I'm uncomfortable having 'you' and 'knowledge' in the same conceptual sphere of thought," Jill told her brother, resting her elbows on her knees and propping up her chin.

"I don't know much," the swordsman admitted with an air of misplaced pride, "but what I do know, I know the hell out of."

Chuckling, Gaian Knight slipped his sword back into its sheath and stretched. "Fair enough...don't really blame you." Let's not specify who 'you' is, heh. "And if you've gotta know something, it's best to know it really, really well, hm?"

He stretched, eyeing the sullen, earth-wrapped duplicator. "Well. I suppose I'd better go give this guy to the police. No more nightly raids for you, buddy." He bowed, grinning under his mask. "Again, it was a pleasure, Jack, Jill. I'll let you get back to your patrols...thanks again for the help." Waving a hand, Jill's 'throne' shifted to carefully deposit her on her feet before dissolving into dust and debris that swept away to where ever it had come from in the first place.

Unceremoniously hopping up to stand on the rock around his captured villain, he gave the pair a final salute before flying away towards Downtown. I think I like those two. The girl's a little young, but she seems to be in good hands...I hope they're both getting a good education.