Mad Max (OOC)

Aoiroo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah. Not too sure myself - standard options are 'boss fight' (super-powered enemy, enemy on power-granting drugs, truly massive fight, or whatever); unknown mystery ending (they don't end up getting many answers, setting them up for vignettes); or just clearing out this last house and figuring they've done a lot of good for the night, exchanging contact information, and parting ways.

Ranged Attack Roll vs. Thug (Blast) (1d20 + 8=12)

......blargh! No. Bad rolls are not for when three people are trying to kill you. Spending a HP to reroll.

Ranged Attack Roll vs. Thug (Blast) (1d20 + 8=12)

Reroll, so that's 15+8=23. If that hits, it's a DC23 toughness save.

If I'm not mistaken Dragonfly's now down to 1 hero point.

The thug in Dragonfly's Dimensional Pocket gets a DC17 Will save to try to get back out.

Her force field and shield are both active, yeah, from back here, I think, though it was easy to miss. With the Shield ready her defense is +10, so she's DC20 to actually land a hit on. 8, 11, and 8 won't quite make it.

Defense shifting is usually pretty nice against enemies with lower attack bonuses. :D Really, really sucks the moment villains are attack-shifted or pull out AoE or something, though, I admit...but it's a nice advantage against low-PL enemies or minions.

10, 17, 11, so bruised, stunned and bruised, bruised. Let's see if the thug get's out of the pocket, 6, yeah he's still stuck.

Max Thug +6 str in this case, that gives him twenty strengh, and +5 attack instead of +2. Attacks Sil 11, and misses. Sil does an acrobatic bluff to get the target to fall down the stairs,13,

Against thug's sense motive, 13,. Yeah, using a hero point for a reroll. 22, much better, and down goes humpty dumpty.

Three strikes, thug one is out. Two and three are on there ways, and lets see thug in the corner pocket, 14, stays in the corner pocket.

Let's see, Maxie rolls initiative and so does Sil, Sil 22, and Max user has 20, Sil's first so she attacks Max with a nice flying kick down the stairs. 6, she misses,. Max thug comes back and swings at her, 26, dang crit hit. DC 30. Sil blocks it, 25, So she's brusied but not stunned. Guys with guns aren't concerned with the Max Guy and sil and continue shooting, Still no hit, next round they are out of ammo.

Good gracious. Ouch. This is gonna hurt.

Toughness Save vs. Thug Three (DC28) (1d20 + 6=11)

....ow. This, right here, this is why I always try to save my last hero point.

Spending Dragonfly's only remaining HP to reroll that.

Toughness Save REROLL vs. Thug Three (DC28) (1d20 + 6=13)

7 on a reroll is 17; 17 + 6 = 23. Dragonfly's stunned and bruised.

...well, not as bad as being out of the fight. Stat updates:

Her force field's down a couple ranks due to Ablative, so she's Toughness 4.

She'll have to do a concentration check on her round to maintain that force field, or it goes down completely, because of the stun.

No dodge bonus and -2 defense on top of that leaves her at 0 Defense.

I had no idea stun crippled her so badly. This will take fixing next time she has points; in the meantime, this next round will be...interesting. Man, what the heck was that guy firing out of that gun, that it had a +8 damage bonus?