What if I want my hero to be the size of the Earth?

Barnum

You're crazy. :shock:

But you'd need Growth 90 and Density 19.

Yeah, I had way too much time on my hands today.

Showing my work:

Here's my *very* unscientific calculation. If every 4 ranks of growth doubles the height, and the earth is about 8000 miles "tall," that would be about 90ish ranks of growth.

That's size. Now mass. Again . . . *very* unscientific:

Starting with a base weight of 200 lbs., Growth increases the weight by a factor of ~8 for every 4 ranks. So at ~90 ranks your weight would be:

118,059,162,071,741,130,342,400 lbs.

Assuming "2.2 lbs. per kg" (I have no idea is that's correct, but that's what someone told me) we get:

53,663,255,487,155,059,246,545.45 kg.

I Googled "mass of the earth" and came up with a figure of:

5,972,000,000,000,000,000,000 metric tons.

Converting the weight of our Growth ~90 hero to metric tons, we get:

or about ~111x less mass than the earth. So you'd need Density 19 as well.

Growth 90 and Density 19 = 327 PPs. Not bad. Now it makes me want to figure out how many equipment points it would cost to get an Earth-sized HQ. :D

Showing my work:

Here's my *very* unscientific calculation. If every 4 ranks of growth doubles the height, and the earth is about 8000 miles "tall," that would be about 90ish ranks of growth.

Starting with a base weight of 200 lbs., Growth increases the weight by a factor of ~8 for every 4 ranks. So at ~90 ranks your weight would be:

Assuming "2.2 lbs. per kg" (I have no idea is that's correct, but that's what someone told me) we get:

Growth 90 and Density 19 = 327 PPs. Not bad. Now it makes me want to figure out how many equipment points it would cost to get an Earth-sized HQ. :D

Showing my work:

Huh. I hadn't realized that Growth increased mass faster than Density on a cost basis. I think you could take the flaw "Limited to increasing Mass" on the Density, which would reduce the PL needed to 45.

You'd need a full tradeoff between save DC and attack, and you could reduce the cost of the Growth 90 by flawing it. If you only take Duration (Concentration), which wouldn't be too cheesy, you could get down to 199 pp.

Huh. I hadn't realized that Growth increased mass faster than Density on a cost basis. I think you could take the flaw "Limited to increasing Mass" on the Density, which would reduce the PL needed to 45.

You'd need a full tradeoff between save DC and attack, and you could reduce the cost of the Growth 90 by flawing it. If you only take Duration (Concentration), which wouldn't be too cheesy, you could get down to 199 pp.

Trade-offs wouldn't matter much, because all of your melee attacks would have a "range" of 8000+ miles (your normal reach), and they would all be area attacks . . . really, really big area attacks.

"It had fists the size of . . . Africa!"

Could I nullify this guy only to see him turn the powers back on the next round? I gotta see that.

Sure. The power check DC for the nullify would be DC 100. :D

Two: Would this guy have gravity control? Or would he effectively nullify gravity on earth on his side of it? And double it on the otehr side? Mr. Unpopular

Indeed. :D

Trade-offs wouldn't matter much, because all of your melee attacks would have a "range" of 8000+ miles (your normal reach), and they would all be area attacks . . . really, really big area attacks.

Could I nullify this guy only to see him turn the powers back on the next round? I gotta see that.

Two: Would this guy have gravity control? Or would he effectively nullify gravity on earth on his side of it? And double it on the otehr side? Mr. Unpopular