Centiman - Suggestions

Morrow

Centiman, the Hundred Handed One

Power Level: 10 (147/150PP)

Trade-Offs: -2 Attack / +2 Damage, +2 Defense / -2 Toughness

Unspent PP: 3

In Brief: A good Doctor Octopus, whose father was murdered by [generic evil corporate executive] and is now working as a graduate student at Hanover Institute of Technology.

Carlos Sanlucas

Abilities: 0 + 0 + 0 + 16 + 4 + 0 = 20pp

Str 10/32 (+11)

Dex 10 (+0)

Con 10 (+0)

Int 26 (+8)

Wis 14 (+2)

Cha 10 (+0)

Combat: 8 + 8 = 16pp

Initiative: +8

Attack: +4 (+6 ranged, +8 ranged with Cat's Eyes, +8 unarmed)

Grapple: +15/+18/+17/+20 (+4 attack, +11 strength, +3 elongation, +2 super-strength)

Defense: +12 (Base +4, +8 shield), +2 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -4

Saving Throws: 7 + 5 + 7 = 19pp

Toughness: +8 (+8 force-field)

Fortitude: +7 (+0 Con, +7)

Reflex: +5 (+0 Dex, +5)

Will: +9 (+2 Wis, +7)

Skills: 80r = 20pp

Computers 12 (+20)

Craft [Electronic] 12 (+20)

Craft [Mechanical] 12 (+20)

Disable Device 12 (+20)

Knowledge [Technology] 12 (+20)

Notice 8 (+10)

Sense Motive 8 (+10)

Stealth 4 (+4)

Feats: 12PP

Attack Focus Ranged x2

Attack Specialization (Unarmed) x2

Eidetic Memory

Elusive Target

Improved Disarm

Improved Grab

Inventor

Master Plan

Speed of Thought

Wealth

Powers: 6 + 8 + 36 + 8 + 2 = 60pp

Device 2 (Cat’s Eyes, easy-to-lose) [6pp]

Device 2 (Magglove, hard-to-lose) [8pp]

Device 9 (Techpack, hard-to-lose) [36pp]

Device 2 (Warp Belt, hard-to-lose) [8pp]

Quickness 4 (x25 speed; Flaws: Limited/Mental) [2pp]

Devices

Cat's Eyes: 10 = 10dp

Super-Senses 8 (Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended Sight, Infravision, Microvision x2, Time Sense, Ultravision; Power Feats: Attack Focus [ranged] 2) [10dp]

Magglove: 10 = 10/10dp

[Descriptive Name] Array 4.5 (Power Feats: Alternate Power 1) [10dp]

BE: Magnetic Control 4 (Power Feats: Precise) [9/9]

AE: Shield 8 [8/9]

Techpack: 7 + 1 + 1 + 9 + 6 + 22 = 45/45dp

Bracing Array 3 (Power Feats: Alternate Power 1) [7dp]

BE: Super-strength 3 [6/6]

AP: Additional Limbs 6 (50 extra arms) [6/6]

Quickness 2 (x5; Flaws: Limited/Physical) [1dp]

Magnetized Nanotube Array 4 (Power Feats: Alternate Power 1) [9dp]

BE: Elongation 4 [8/8]

AE: Super-Movement 2 (Wallcrawling) and Speed 4 (250MPH) [8/8]

Datalink 5 (Power Feats: Machine Control) [6dp]

Enhanced Strength 22 [22dp]

Warp Belt: 10 = 10/10dp

[Descriptive Name] Array 4 (Power Feats: Alternate Power 2) [10dp]

BE: Force Field 8 [8/8]

AE: Concealment 8 (all visual; Flaws: Blending) [8/8]

AE: Super-movement 4 (Permeate x3, Slow Fall) [8/8]

Drawbacks: 0 + 0 + 0 = 0pp

DC Block:

ATTACK      RANGE                  SAVE                           EFFECT

Unarmed     Touch     DC15/26 Toughness (Staged)                     Damage

Abilities (20) + Combat (16) + Saving Throws (19) + Skills (20) + Feats (12) + Powers (60) - Drawbacks (0) = 147pp

So, a few things. He has ranged attack focus hanging around because he originally had a ranged attack, but I scrapped that in the last build. I'm unsure if I should bring something like that back, or cannibalize the feats and rely on his extra reach to engage dudes who are far away.

He also has a few power points left over, and I'm unsure of where I should put them. They cropped up accidentally when Sandman was kind enough to review the powers for me, and I'm considering whether they should be put back in or spent on skills and feats.

General viability is also a concern. He doesn't have that much in the way of offense on purpose, I built everything with the intention that it was some sort of tool that had been repurposed. I'm used to more life-or-death systems, though, so it's probably not a problem here.

On the topic of ranged attacks, keep in mind that you would suffer a -2 attack penalty every 40 feet away an attacker would be. Compare that to throwing, say, a 20lb object with your super strength, which can go 1000 feet without suffering a penalty, and go all the way to 5000 feet. It might be wise to keep that option open to you so you can fight particularly nasty fliers and whatnot.

The first thing that would come to mind, considering your skills, is Improvised Tools. This would especially be useful to you, since you have 50 elongated improvised tools waiting to disarm explosives or build devices. Being able to use those skills while not carrying a kit or not being in a lab/factory is exceptionally useful, given your Quickness powers.

For skills, I notice that Knowledge: Physical Sciences isn't there. That's pretty important for inventions.

Outside of those, 2 points of strength would bring you up to your damage cap, from what I can see.

For skills, I notice that Knowledge: Physical Sciences isn't there. That's pretty important for inventions.

Actually, it is not. The only Knowledge skill needed for inventions/the Inventor feat is Knowledge (Technology). And even that's not needed if you're jury-rigging.

Of course, having Knowledge (Physical Sciences) is something he should have if he's, say, a nuclear physicist.

Actually, it is not. The only Knowledge skill needed for inventions/the Inventor feat is Knowledge (Technology). And even that's not needed if you're jury-rigging.

Of course, having Knowledge (Physical Sciences) is something he should have if he's, say, a nuclear physicist.

Fair enough. And with Eidetic Memory, you can always just rely on your impressive intelligence anyway to answer a question.

On that topic, in my experience as a gadgeteer, a lot of very useful equipment you could be inventing may involve an attack roll, depending on the desired effect. If you already know you're not going for any offensive inventions that require an attack roll that's fine. Otherwise, it might be another reason to keep ranged attack bonuses.

Similarly, if you're thinking of inventing a vehicle, don't forget to give yourself access to an appropriate skill. Even if you just go with Beginner's Luck or Jack of all Trades, it might be handy in the future.

The first thing that would come to mind, considering your skills, is Improvised Tools. This would especially be useful to you, since you have 50 elongated improvised tools waiting to disarm explosives or build devices. Being able to use those skills while not carrying a kit or not being in a lab/factory is exceptionally useful, given your Quickness powers.

I would advise against buying it with pp. If you are stranded without a kit, which the system assumes you have by default, odds are you'll have picked up a HP somewhere along the way.

It's nice, but far from essential.