Earth Victoriana: The Brit Machine (OOC)

Supercape

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tsar is up next, and will take a Pot Shot at Grim, before drawing his Sabre.

The Tsar is based on Weapon-Master, but +12 all round attack, and has a steampunk pistol (Blast 5 equipment) as well as Russian Sabre (Strike 5, Mighty, Penetrating, Improved Crit 2). He is also immune to cold [would kind of have to be...] . A few other non-important details such as speaks Russian (d'uh...)

Anyway, an attack roll on Grim.

1d20+12=31 Ouch. Lucky that wasn't a crit!

Damage is modest, but it is Iron, so from +5 to +8, meaning DC is 23.

Right, first off I'd like to say my stat sheet is wrong, since Carrie has 16 Dex she has +8 reflex naturally, add +1 for her rank of defensive, burn a HP for another rank of defensive roll, then another HP to gain the Ultimate Effort feat, then burn another HP to get the reflex roll at an even thirty. So that's three, right, so I'll burn an HP for the now reduced fortitude save to make it an even twenty four with Carrie's average fortitude of +4. So, all four HP gone.

Not sure if that post was street legal ruleswise, just going off a suggestion Doc had in thread about how Dead Head takes a hit. Grim can get at 28 on Bluff due to Skill Mastery, but if we don't think she could make that hole in time, I can change this post a bit (even quite a bit) if need be.

No, not so much a feint as psy-ops kinda stuff, or at least Grim's version; she hoping to drop off the prince's radar so she can more effectively sneak attack or otherwise aid the party next round. To be honest, there's not a lot of advantage rules-wise in what she's doing, at least not yet.

Then I'll treat that as appropriate fluff - enough for Tsar to think Grim is "down" but not enough for a feint.

Okay, now your making me second guess myself, but in a good way; since Grim does have Set-up, it would be a shame to waste a good feint opportunity if she could transfer the benefit to another party member. What would I have to do in your eyes to qualify for a Set-up? Sorry if I'm bogging stuff down, folks!