Earth Victoriana: The Brit Machine (OOC)

Supercape

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Grim may be a PL15 character, but her Toughness save is +9, insanely below caps; if I can get her edit approved in the next few days, can I say she has better toughness for the next time she has a check?

Toughness save: 1d20+9=24

Blow an HP for a reroll, since I don't want to miss when there's iron involved :o

Reroll Toughness save: 1d20+9+10=26. Yes!

And yeah, we probably want to have the reference to lending the jacket edited ;)

Grim can have a better toughness as soon as is approved, Heritage. Sorry about the Iron, but it is Steampunk England... there may be a bit of it around!

It's my own damn fault for not thinking about what the steampunk era is built on; anyways, it's fun to face new challenges! IC post will happen tonight.

Incidental Post: I appreciate I am the only brit in this thread - please feel free to throw in as much stereotypical british victorian speech, mannerisms, and flavour as much as possible. Accuracy is only dimly required.

As an aside, I am liberal with HP dishing out, so Edge can have one for being suitably heroic with the urchins...

Alltogether now... AWWWWW!

For being out of costume - no... unless you can justify it somehow? The complication "secret" wont really hold up in a new dimension but feel free to expand on how this somehow is a setback or real problem for her.

If you want to give her a sickened condition akin to travel sickness, that certainly is worth a HP, and we can say she can roll a CON recovery DC 10 every hour to feel better (this is off the top of my head). Thats up to you.

No, in an hour, otherwise there would be no setback!

I emphasise this is entirely up to you: if you would just like Carrie to have nausea with no mechanical problems, then that's fine for story purposes but no HP.

Alternatively, if you want some other effect for her Nausea, such as cant eat etc, thats fine too. However, HP is only awarded when and if it actually causes some problem or setback.

PS: Same goes for every character by the way, if you would like to have dimension travel induced nausea or other effect as complication, that's fine.

[Of course HPs continue to be dished out for being good guy heroic, roleplaying, entertaining, suffering terrible KOs or effects, and all the usual other stuff!]

Okay, that makes sense. I haven't done much as far as situations that involve complications, I'll look up sicken when I'm back at my computer and add a mechanical problem like a drop in defense or reflex rolls because she's dizzy still or something like that for the Hero Point.

Well, I didn't expect to start singing "There Is Power in a Union" this soon on Cannonade, but I suppose these things come with making a working class Captain America clone. So, here's the Diplomacy roll:

And that's a 10. Forget it, I'm spending a Hero Point to reroll.

And that's a 22. Much better. So if they're Unfriendly, they're now Indifferent, and if they're Hostile, they're now just Unfriendly.

Ok Carrie has a HP, and can roll a DC 10 Fort save to throw of the sickness at some appropriate scene (about an hour).

TT: Regarding the Luddites, I tend to use attitudes rather loosely - they are indeed Indifferent, but I am going to interpret this as "seeing you as a potential recruit". They are actually as far from "indifferent" as you can get!

For a bit of explanation, I have rammed a P.L.O.T. device here, for everyone to get a brief moment to themselves in Earth Victoriana London. Nothing to combaty, but just so you can have a brief period of fun and tell a few posts for story purposes before climax!

If anyone wants to do anything special with this, let me know. If you just wish to take a reading and come back thats fine too.

• 2 weeks later...

Cannonade: Bounding through the streets of London, DC 10 Fortitude check vs cold please!

Would have asked for one for Grim too, but Immunity: Cold!

As Carrie and Edge are in Cabbies, safe for now.

I'm not going to be to precise about this, but at the moment, any length of time exposed to the cold (particularly wind) will need a enviromental cold check!

And its going to get colder!!!