Dances With Wolfman (IC)

Aoiroo

Carrie watched but barely got half a word written by the time they returned. She smiled as she approached,

"Well I'm sure there's some creature and movieland you could imitate to aquire such a skill, or you could turn into a dragon we really haven't tested the size capabilities and we won't be able to try until we can get a screen portable enough to test it outside."

Turning to Momentum, she pulled up her pad,

"That was a very impressive display, going at that speed it seems that working close range generally won't be a problem. It'd make you excellant for distractions, though that would only be in a team type operation."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Creature Feature having thoroughly enjoyed the brief stint of super-speed, Momentum gave the gargantuan gentleman time to digest what had transpired. He took a step back, too, just in-case some sort of unforeseen side-effects were to take place, as the grimace on the wolfguy's face so dangerously implied.

"Yeah," Ashley smiled with an upbeat and chipper disposition, stuffing his hands right back into his hoodie's pockets. "I guess it's pretty sweet and stuff, as long as you don't... uh... swallow a bug or whatever."

Turning to Silhouette, Momentum again beamed at the young woman with the paint-splattered pants and notepad in hand.

"I guess so," he replied in reference to the team operation bit, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. "So, like, is that just what you want me to do? Try and, like, act like some sort of Zoom-or-whatever-it's-called crazy-guy zippin' around so... uh... Creature Feature can bash me in the head? Nothing else?"

Putting the notepad away, she started to unwrap her hands and remove her padding.

"No, actually I think that's enough for one night. It's getting late and I have a sneaking suspision that I just might have to get up early tomorrow."

Picking up her notebook she scribbled down on the paper and handed it to the hooded teenager.

"That's my number, you can call it if you want to train, or know ahead of time that your going to need help in a fight. Other than that, I don't give rides, buy alcohol, go on pretend dates, or tutor. Also, don't call me if you're dieing in an ditch, call 911."

Glancing at Creature Feature she said,

"All that applies to you as well."

"Andthentherewasatreebutwedodgedthetreeandyoucouldevenseetheleavesandtheywerefallingand..."

Creature Feature interrupted his babbling in the midst of what appeared to be a farewell.

"Oh... uh...Yeah. I don't have a phone number or nothin'... well, I do have a phone number, but it's my parents phone and stuff. It's kinda hard to keep up this secret identity stuff."

Creature Feature scratched under his ear in contemplation. The idea that there was a super hero that was around his age was a shocking revelation, and certainly too good an opportunity to pass up. He smiled again as he decided to take a chance.

"You seem pretty cool, though. I'll tell you my secret identity phone number, but you gotta promise to keep it a secret!"

"Uh... thanks, I guess?" Momentum said, a little surprised by the sudden exchange of information as he took the slip of parchment wholeheartedly. It was a strange occurrence, but Noah was nevertheless ecstatic at the prospect of having potential allies -- or at least some super-powered friends who understood his situation -- in his lil' black book of contacts. Just goes to show what a little misunderstanding can accomplish!

There might also be the slightest urge to make a joke about getting a girl's phone number, but given the sardonically vexatious woman know as Carrie's disposition throughout the evening since his own (in)opportune arrival in Liberty Park, Noah thought better against it, stifling a minor chuckle even as he slipped the number into his pocket.

Turning to face Creature Feature, Ashley paused for a moment, letting loose a light yawn from his lengthy sojourn into the proverbial Stygian Abyss that was Freedom City by nightfall. "Dude, relax," came the cracking but merry voice of the weary red-hooded hero, his vain attempts at remaining level-headed almost undone by his sheer excitement at the prospect of having a superhero on speed-dial. "We just met. If you're, y'know, uncomfortable or whatever about giving out info, that's cool. Totally understand. Gotta protect that whole secret identity thing. Not like I was... uh... gonna give out my cell number anyway. No offense."

Giving time to let the awkwardness pass, Momentum continued on, intent on ending this encounter in a positive light.

"But hey, don't sweat it! You've got a computer, right?" he inquired, then aptly smacked himself in the forehead. "Duh. Yeah, you do. Everyone does! Anyway, if you don't wanna, like, keep handing out your... uh... your parents' phone number to everyone and junk, you should try using something like Twitter. I mean, that's what I do. Just, I dunno, whip up an account or whatever and hit me up. I use the same name, all lowered-cased and junk. Just replace the O with a zero and the E with a three in 'Momentum'."

Pausing for a second, Noah couldn't help but notice just how much his suggestion began to sound like a bad plug. A really bad plug.

"Uh... or, y'know, whatever. Your secret's safe with me if you really wanna gimme your number, dude."

"Twitter? I didn't know Super Heroes used Twitter!" Creature Feature blurted out, doing a poor job of hiding his own enthusiasm at learning how to contact another super hero his age - especially one as cool as Momentum. With the ability to keep his own secret identity in check, this was all too perfect.

"Alright! That sounds like a plan. I'll... uh... set up an account and stuff. I suppose I should be finding a way home too." Creature Feature extended a large arm again to his costumed comrade in a friendly fashion.

"It was nice to meet ya, Momentum!" Creature Feature exclaimed with all the sincerity the Wolfguy's voice could muster. Without realizing it, Vance had planted his other hand firmly on his hip while maintaining a strong, upright stance. While hunched over, the werewolf figure was still a giant of a figure. Standing straight, he towered over his present company easily.

She stiffled a laugh at Vance's outburst about the twitter realization.

He's going to have to realize at some point that superheroes are still regular people a lot of the time.

Walking next to him she did say,

"I don't tend to rely on twitter posts when I meet other heroes, I prefer phone numbers, they're much more personal. Plus, I don't have to given anyone much more information that way other then my rather common nickname variant, a phone that isn't listed anywhere."

Looking at her watch again, she sighed,

"Well we should both be going, especially if Creature Feature takes as long as he did to get here to get back home. Also, the buses stop running for in an hour, and I don't like to walk around this late at night, well at least not dressed like this."

Vance nodded. "Yeah, alright. I gotta work on jumpin' anyway."

Looking around, CF realized just how many times he had been turned around in the middle of a park that he knew very little about. All of the trees looked the same and they were far from the beaten path for any signs to be present. He sighed to himself, as it looked like escaping would be just as difficult as arriving in the first place.

Limbering up, Vance stretched his arms and legs while trying to inconspicuously gather his bearings. At least if he went the wrong way, his form's excellent endurance would prevent fatigue.

"Would you like a lift to the bus stop, Carrie? I'm not too tired or anything yet."

"Likewise. 'Bout to crash, so I guess I'll bounce and junk too," Momentum replied, yawning again in the wake of the still darkened morning. All this excitement had left the otherwise energetic kineticist drained and depleted. And yet, despite his sleepiness, there was a strange sensation of peppiness in his step.

Striding a few feet from Creature Feature and Carrie, his ever chagrin-inducing female handler, the young hooded hero turned one last time to bid farewell to his serendipitously met allies.

"You guys know how to, like, get in touch with me," the young teen hummed, throwing a casual wave as he bade his farewells. "So I guess I'll catch you guys later. Nice meetin' you, and... uh... sorry about the whole, y'know, attacking you thing. My bad!"

And with that said and done, the boy known as Momentum took one powerful stride towards the familiar area of Midtown, launching himself skyward with one prodigious leap with little more than a red hue in his wake from the sudden burst of kinetic force. In a flash the youth is gone, sailing over trees and buildings alike as he arced into the night sky and out of sight; the sweet siren song of sleep ushering him aerially homeward.

She waved at the speeder as he went then turned to Vance and said,

"You know Vance, if you're hopping home anyway, you might as well take me the whole way back it is on the way after all. Plus, if you show up in my neighborhood you'd probably scare the street patrons into calling it an early night."

She snorted quietly at the thought, after knowing him for as short a time she did she couldn't imagine why anyone would want to run away from him. Given, she had never actually seen him angry, now that would be a sight to see.

Picking up her purse and duffle bag she slung the pads that were originally skewed about and the wrappings into it before zipping it up and sliding it up her shoulder. She walked over at him, and glanced around to see if there was anyone else around that might get the wrong impression. When she confirmed that they were in fact alone she said,

"Ready when you are."

Creature Feature nodded as he gave Carrie an uneasy grin. "O-okay. If you're sure..."

Vance was typically quite happy to help a friend in need. However, the consequences of misjudging a leap had just become quite a bit more significant in a city where there's always at least a little high-speed traffic on the main streets. That, coupled by Vance's embarrassing tendency to play it safe and avoid otherwise easy jumps over dangerous stretches, added to his confused direction sense, he was sure to disappoint Silhouette yet again.

Mustering up his courage, Vance nodded to Carrie, carefully picking her up in his arms and leaping above the trees. "This might get a bit bouncy. Hold on tight!" Picking a direction he thought best from what little he could see from the city, Creature Feature began the journey home.