Dances With Wolfman (IC)

Aoiroo

"Oh yeah. The whole Wolfguy thing..." Creature Feature grinned sheepishly - a grin that was most unbecoming of the typical werewolf.

Maintaining his silly-looking smile, the wolf-man extended a large, be-clawed hand to Momentum.

"I'm Va... Creature Feature. Sorry about the mixup."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Examining his own attire skeptically, Momentum can't help but feel as though he's heard this a million times already.

"I just couldn't make a good costume on my own, 'kay? Jeez. Why does everyone keep asking me that?" the boy retorted, defending his stance regarding his costume as best as he was able, whilst dismissing the bit about his parents.

Seizing the opportunity to get some distance between himself and the still-potential threats, Momentum sprung back from the woman berating him and her increasingly sheepish dog-man, reflexively balling a fist as the thing known as Creature Feature extended a clawed mitt in Noah's direction.

"Uh... sorry," the hooded hero hummed out halfheartedly, still leery of the large critter basking in the moonlight glow. Warily, he crept forward, extending an unclenched hand in greeting as he shook the furry appendage. "Momentum. I mean, that's my name."

"Man, talk about awkward."

Turning towards the woman who'd thus far done nothing but harsh his own mellow, the up-and-comer feigned his best smile as he addressed her, inquiring "So, like, who're you and junk?"

"It's a costume? So you are a super hero!" Vance chirped excitedly as he shook Momentum's hand using a little too much strength. "I haven't figured out how to do a costume or anything yet, though."

Looking back at Silhouette, Creature Feature maintained his firm grip on Momentum's hand as he drew eerily close to Momentum and whispered in his ear.

"Whatever you do, don't call her a ninja. I think ninjas might have, like, killed her family and she swore vengeance or something."

She glanced over at Vance and let out a sigh,

"Costumes serve a couple of purposes like protection, concealment, as well as recognization among the public. You powers pretty much cover the first two, the last, well we'll work on that later."

Probably after we figure out what the heck happened to you and Ms. Lights.

"Anyway, I'm Carrie, and I hang out with well weirdos in general, mostly artists and heroes. Or in CF's case, trainees. You look like you could probably use some help as well, or at least a new costume, that hoody cannot be terribly aerodynamic."

"I'll... uh... keep that in mind," Momentum murmured back to the suddenly more friendly fellow known as Creature Feature, careful to keep his voice as low as he could out of fear of once more being barraged by more harsh words from the woman present.

Blinking again as Carrie made her introduction, Momentum couldn't help but flush red a little in embarrassment.

"Help? Me? H-ha! That's... uh... that's a good one. Yeah," Noah hummed back semi-defensively, again attempting to retain some sense of confidence and control, despite potential evidence to the contrary. Rubbing the back of his be-hooded head nervously, Momentum cleared his throat before returning to the conversation proper.

"So, like, how long have you been, y'know... the whole wolf-thing...?"

Creature Featured brushed himself off with the back of his hands, trying unsuccessfully to keep the tangled mess of fur on his body in order.

"Uh, well... actually, this is only the second time I've been Wolfguy." Creature Feature mused. "I can do a few other monster-things too, but Silhouette thinks I should get a handle on the whole werewolf bit first before I play around too much. That, and it's easier to hide, I think..."

The were-creature pointed a claw at Momentum. "What about you? How long have you been... uh... y'know... Hoodie?" The question fell flat as Vance shrugged his massive shoulders.

"Oh... uh... a while, I guess." the red hooded avenger replied, coughing suspiciously at Creature Feature's warranted inquiry as he attempted to partially side-step the question. "It wasn't always with the hoodie or whatever, but it's simple, so I kinda like it. Not that it's not permanent and stuff; just till' I can get something more awesome."

This was a strange situation. Noah hadn't ever met anyone with super-powers in Freedom City since he'd arrived -- at least not those who weren't actively trying to do him bodily harm -- so it was an oddly refreshing sensation to actually talk to someone who sort of shared his world, despite the fact he didn't have much to really say. At least something good came from this fiasco, convoluted though it might be.

Turning towards the woman Wolfguy had addressed as Silhouette, Momentum couldn't help but kind of cock his head awkwardly towards the obviously older woman.

"So..." he begins, trailing off for a moment mid-inquiry. "... Silhouette, huh?"

The question appears to go nowhere, however, as Momentum stands idly by, unsure of what to really say.

"Hang out with artists and junk a lot, huh? That must be interesting, I guess."

"Artists?"

Creature Feature looked back and forth between Silhouette and Momentum, scratching his head. He wasn't sure what black-wearing not-ninja ninjas had to do with art or anything, nor what hanging out in a park at midnight had to do with art either. On the other hand, he really had no idea what Carrie did in her spare time, and the massive number of posters on the walls of her apartment and the general sardonic attitude belying a presumed deep and intense suffering... maybe she was into art?

Come to think of it, weren't ninjas supposed to be artsy too? And she was like a ninja...

"Wait, is that your superpower, then? You can, like, read minds and figure out if someone hangs out with artists and stuff?"

Breathing out quietly through her nose, she looked from Vance, to Momentum before walking over to Vance. Reaching up, she smacked him hard on the back of the head.

"If you had been paying attention, you would of realized I just told him in my introduction. If you had also been paying attention, you would of noticed that I introduced myself as Carrie, you know because of what I'm wearing."

She moved her hand down the t-shirt and old paint plattered pants to her trainers then back up to her nonclothed covered face. Looking over at momentum she said,

"As you can tell, he's fairly new to this. Anyway, Momentum is an obvious handle for a speeder."

"Ow!"

Creature Feature rubbed the back of his head and frowned as he gave Carrie another look. During the fight the Park had been dark enough to trigger Creature's darkvision, making costume details difficult to see. Aw man - sorry Sil - I mean, Carrie. I thought that might have been a different costume or somethin', with the shoulder pads and everything. Like it was a combat suit. Man, this secret identity stuff is hard."

"Smooth."

Noah couldn't help but stifle a giggle as the scrawny little girl slapped her over-sized companion upside the head. A faint grin crept its way across the teens face, shaking his head slowly as the sight became increasingly more comical.

"But hey, everyone starts somewhere, y'know?" the young man said, stuffing his hands inside his pockets as he fought off the familiar urge to yawn; Not that he was much better off, being just as inexperienced in the whole superhero nonsense as Creature Feature probably was. After all, it wasn't like Noah had complete control over his powers, so he certainly wasn't qualified to judge.

"I guess you guys are, like, probably waitin' to get back to the whole training thing, and don't need me getting in the way. Should probably go and junk since it's getting really late and stuff anyway."

Carrie let out a sigh,

"I could barely afford my normal costume, let alone a 'battle suit'. This is just my old sparring gear from college."

Reaching for her watch she saw it was only a little after one.

"Well it would probably be late if it was a weekday, but you could probably hang around and spar with Creature Feature. It'll probably benefit the both of you since both of you have powers that simulate the effects of some nasty little drugs that have been floating around the underground."

Rubbing the back of his head again as the conversation took another peculiar turn, Momentum looked towards the entity known as Creature Feature, his burly physique rather imposing despite his unusually goofy, up-beat persona. He wasn't really expecting to be invited to join. He didn't know anything about sparring, or fighting super-powered people!

"Uh... I dunno..." Momentum stammered, lips creasing as if he were pondering whether it was a good idea or not. "I mean, I guess if you really want me to, I could, like, give it a shot..."

Throwing a downcast glance at the park's leafy foliage in the darkness, Noah reconsidered the offer, odd though it might be. He was new in town; some friends definitely couldn't hurt.

"Yeah. Yeah, okay, I'd be up for that, if you guys are cool with it. Gettin' kinda sleepy though, so can we just get started? What do you, like, want me to do?"

Reaching down into the bag she pulled out her notepad and pen,

"Well, first off you can probably explain what exactly it is you do. Momentum sounds like someone who can run fast but what else can you do. Battle stradegies are based on what one has available. Like Creature Feature here is actually a shapeshifter with a taste for horror films, he's pretty much an extreme version of as seen on TV. Like the wolfguy his best stradegy involves mostly offensive tactics. I'm technically a shapeshifter as well but on the other end of the spectrum completely, so I rely on stuff like defense and surprise attacks."

Not to mention sneakiness, she was without a doubt very sneaky.

Getting a bit wide-eyed as the woman mentions the duos ability to shapeshift, Noah couldn't help but feel a little green with envy at the pairs abilities. With each elaboration, the goggled kid simply grew more awed, both bemused and intrigued by the possibilities of what could be accomplished with such feats.

"That's. So. Awesome!"

But then came his time to describe his abilities; a trick more easily said than performed.

"I... uh... well, I can do lots of stuff I guess," Momentum began, unsure how to really describe his various talents. "I can run fast -- duh, you already knew that! -- but I can jump pretty high, too. Oh, and move stuff and punch people from far away! And make people faster, or stop em', or, um, whatever."

Emitting a soft sigh, Noah sank his head in self-imposed shame. "Way to sound like a stupid rookie, Noah."

Changing the subject, the hooded hero-in-training turned back to the woman. "You said something about drugs though, right? Like, how I can... uh... move fast. I didn't know they, y'know, had stuff that did that no the streets. Is that just what you want me to do; run around and junk?"

"I didn't know anything 'bout drugs either..." Creature Feature tried to imagine a drug that made you into a super-fast werewolf and shuddered. The thought was terrifying, to say the least, but the world of super-powered Freedom City was revealing more and more bizarre things everyday.

"I've never actually seen super-speed or anything like that. How does it work?" Vance scratched underneath his muzzle as he tried to size up Momentum. "I haven't actually fought a super-powered person yet or anything, let alone someone with speed-powers."

"It's just like... uh... moving normally," Momentum tried to explain, fumbling awkwardly with his own words. "Only, y'know, faster. A lot faster, with lots of wind and bugs and stuff though," he continues, cringing slightly at the part about the bugs; they were the entire reason he'd opted to wear those cheap goggles from Halloween plastered on his face.

Clearing his throat, Noah blinked for a moment, contemplating how he could more efficiently explain it. And then came the epiphany.

"I mean, I could show you and stuff -- like, really show you -- but I can't force you or whatever," Ashley hummed out sheepishly. "That's generally how I get people out of the fray, but they gotta actually move with me and junk."

"Zoom is the a drug that grants superspeed by overclocking the body, Max does something similar, except it enhances more aspects like strengh. They are both very addictive as well as dangerous since the strain can cause heart failure, this makes them tricky to fight since if you knock them out there heart might stop then and there."

She scribbled in her notebook as she spoke and only stopped to give them a once over.

"It seems all your powers follow a common theme, movement. Enhancing movement like running and jumping and not only you own. The ranged punch might work something like a large air gun and the stopping of movement is included as well. Overall a very useful power, though you might want to work on applying it at close range since you really could not do anything when CF grabbed you earlier."

Furling his brow in response at the particularly cutting words from Silhouette, Noah turned to face the femme fatale shapeshifter with a defensive glare.

"I... I just panicked, okay?! It happens!" Momentum barked out, voice cracking slightly. "Totally could have used my powers! I just didn't because... uh... I... I was busy being a distraction! Yeah, that's it. A distraction so you could, like, run away! ... and you, uh, didn't..."

The boy seems to trail off here, growing increasingly red in the cheeks from his terrible attempt at verbally rationalizing his ineptitude. An awkward moment passes for the hooded hero, looking away from both of the assembled shapeshifters dejectedly as he recomposed himself.

"So, like, do you want me to just run around or what? I dunno what this Zoom stuff does beyond make you fast on your feet, so I guess I can handle that or whatever."

Creature Feature nodded to himself. A distraction! Of course! If Creature Feature had been an actual monster, he might have been just as confused as Creature Feature was himself with a small hooded kid feebly trying to escape a grapple. And at the right moment... POW!

If Vance ever found himself with super speed, wearing a hoodie and not in a monster form, he'd have to remember that trick.

"Does it... like... hurt, or anything? To move that fast with you?" Creature Feature questioned the speedster, his face spreading out with what might be a canine's unsure grimace, if they ever had one. "Yeah, I do wanna see it. I gotta learn this super stuff afterall!"

Carrie took a step back as just the thought of it started to make her queasy.

"Indeed, you would make an excellant distaction caught up in a grab like that, up until your captor shoots you."

She added the last bit in deadpan before she started scribbling on her pad again.

"You two can go ahead with demostration while I watch. Be careful not to trip though, as I experienced earlier the werewolf form is quite heavy and at high speeds might cause some real damage."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah..." came the sharp retort to Carrie, Noah's attention drawn more towards the behemoth of an entity that actually showed interest in the boy's own offer. Over the shock of the initial greeting, it seemed perfectly normal to be talking to Creature Feature; though granted, Noah was still fairly intimidated by the sheer size of him.

"It doesn't hurt. I mean, I don't think it hurts. Not unless we run into something." Momentum finally responded, uncertain really if it inflicted any sort of noticeable discomfort or pain with those he'd shared his abilities with. "I wouldn't worry about that though. Probably won't happen this time."

Extending a hand towards Creature Feature, Momentum gave the most confident smile he could muster, eager to get this show on the road.

"If you don't wanna, man, you don't have to. Not gonna twist your arm or whatever. If you're serious though, just get ready to run when I say go, or it'll be a short trip. And don't let go. Seriously."

"Alright." Creature Feature's face formed an anxious half-smile as he was flooded with both misgivings about the dangers this might pose and how awesome this could be. Suddenly becoming extremely conscious of his own odd, double-jointed leg shape, he looked over at Momentum and spouted "Oh... uh, fair warning: I've only used these legs for, like, a day or so total. I-it should be okay, though."

With all the care he could muster with excitement of this super opportunity, Vance took Momentum's hand and bent his knees, taking a makeshift sprinting-werewolf posture, ready to run at any moment.

"Okay... ready when you are!" he exclaimed, grinning again.

Nodding, Noah took the fuzzy paw extended outwards.

"We'll keep it short then, I guess," Momentum assured, using his free hand to draw a circular perimeter in the air. "Around the park real quick and junk, then right back."

Taking a deep breath, the teen hero in the red hoodie steadied himself, eager to get the sprint started. He hadn't yet used his phenomenal speed today, and -- at least on some level -- the inexperienced crime-fighter relished the opportunity to zip about with gusto.

"Alright! Here we go!"

With a violent burst of kinetic energy, Momentum began his neck-breaking escapade, dragging poor Creature Feature along by his massive paw as he went. The two were a blur, a pair of high-speed enigmas along the dimly lit outskirts of Liberty Park; a few heartbeats and the rush of the wind the only indication that time moved forward. In a flash, the two were right back where they started, a fraction of time passed so minute that it's likely not worth mentioning as the pair came to a stop near Silhouette. For Noah, it was a refreshing feeling and he reveled in the rush, a welcome change from the bouncy birds-eye view of the city from above.

"Woo!" he chimed energetically, clearly having enjoyed his seconds-long sprint across the park as he smiled, pleased as punch. "And that's what it's like."

The werewolf panted for air when they came to a stop as his heart raced forward. His large, clawed paws were frozen ahead of him, shaking and trembling. Creature Feature's face was similarly frozen in an image of bewilderment and queasiness as the images of an entire park that he had run in a mere few seconds swam through his head, while each step was an unfathomably short, conscious effort - reacting faster than one could possibly think as the overwhelming speed brought them to new terrain.

After a few seconds of shaking and looking as if he would collapse unconscious or simply throw up at any second, Creature Feature's wolf face exploded into a huge grin.

"That was AWESOME!" Vance's growl-like voice was far too loud for the time of night and the darkened setting, but the excitement was simply too overwhelming. "And you get to do that ALL the time? Holy smokes! I've never felt anything like that in my whole LIFE! WOW!!!" Vance continued to rave, almost incoherently, about the incredible experience of their speedy jaunt around the park.