Dances With Wolfman (IC)

Aoiroo

Four minutes to midnight Carrie sat crossed legged on the bench as she tapped her watch quietly. He was late. Sitting cross legs in her trainers and some old bleach stained pants she pulled reached into her purse and started to skim through her note pad lightly. Getting to her observations page she reread what she had written previously.

Wolfman

Advantages: Size, strengh, increased swiftness, claws

Disadvantages: Intimidating, really an unskilled teenager underneath, possible weaknesses to silver.

Letting out a sigh, she picked out a pen and started to add at the end,

Not good at keeping attendence.

Smiling she looked at the pad which was an overview of monster but was starting to look like professor notes. Given, that was her job today, teacher. He needed someone to show him at least some basic self defense otherwise he'd just be swinging around in a form and tripping over himself like he did when they met.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid, stupid, stupid...

Vance chanted his self-depreciating mantra inside his head as he leapt from rooftop to rooftop going to Downtown Freedom. He had given himself a little more than a half hour to get to the Park - certainly enough time to get to the Park by express bus...

The large werewolf rubbed his snout with a large, clawed hand as he vaulted over an alley. In this monstrous form, Vance couldn't take his bike, much less expect passage on a bus. Leaping was surprisingly slow when you avoided particularly high rooftops and didn't chance leaping over particularly busy roads.

Despite the setbacks, Vance had made it. The large trees and dimmed lights of the Parkside were in view.

"Alright!" Vance celebrated in his new, growling tone. He leapt as far as he could to the site, brushing past the trees and diving deep into the grassy sanctuary. It didn't take long before Creature Feature's nose picked up a familiar scent.

"Carrie?" Vance's ears perked up as he looked and listened for any sign of a familiar face.

He was in the right place, but the bench Carrie previously occupied was completely empty. The moon shoned brightly onto the space, but there was no shadow because of the angle. At least, there wasn't until she regained her full form. Taking her shape right behind Vance, Carrie announced her presense with a simple,

"You're late."

Walking past him as she looked at her watch she let out a sigh,

"Well at least it's not a school night, so come on."

They got off the path set to the park and entered an outcrop of trees. It didn't take long before they got to a clearing that was marked by some chalk. In the clearing was also a duffle bag that Carrie picked up and rummaged through before picking out some light arm and shoulder guards as she strapped them on.

"So, have you ever been in an actual fight, I mean of course against another person that didn't involve just a bunch of shouting and slamming doors."

"ACK!" Shocked again by Silhouette's sudden appearance, Creature Feature performed an encore of their first meeting, simultaneously trying to spin, shield himself and operate his giant werewolf legs at the same time, resulting in a loss of balance and a predictable tumble.

"Oh... aheh... Sorry. I, ah, had problems. With transportation. And that stuff..." Vance grinned awkwardly while his large teeth reflected what little moonlight came into the Park. He followed Silhouette to the makeshift sparring ground, looking about with curiosity when he did not have to concentrate on his own feet and the path before him.

"So, have you ever been in an actual fight, I mean of course against another person that didn't involve just a bunch of shouting and slamming doors."

"Uh... Fight?" Creature Feature rubbed the top of his head as he tried to remember any fights he had. Vance was usually not the fighting type, and even the door-slamming type of fight was a foreign concept.

"Well... I fought a bully once... kinda" The bully in question was self-proclaimed Jeremy "The Fist" James. Like most encounters with Jeremy, it wasn't so much a "fight" as it was a brutal, one-sided pummeling. And even though the last time wasn't different in that respect...

Creature Feature shook his head. In either case, it didn't really serve as combat experience.

"Oh! And I once punched a neighbor a couple months back. It... uh... didn't do much."

"I can imagine. Well, if that's all you've got we have a problem."

Unrolling wrappings she began to wrap her hand and she spoke,

"We have a problem, because while you retain that form, you gain a lot of things. You probably have enhanced senses, smell and hearing like it is with wolves, as well as strengh, but you don't have the instinct or battle skills. Having you fight with your size and strengh in a real battle without training is like operating a table saw without reading the manual. While you might be able to get the work done, more likely than not you're going to get yourself, or someone else hurt or worse."

Loosening up she started to stretch a little bit before she looked up at him,

"Now, we'll work on things like punching, and kicking, for combat where you might actually be facing someone who's at your level in that form. However, a good bit of the criminals in the city aren't giant monsters, ultra powerful creatures from another dimension or rich nutjobs with cybernetic suites. A lot of them are normal, fragile humans like you when you're normal, well maybe not nearly as wimpy but yeah. To start, we'll work on grabbing and pinning."

Reaching down she put on some hand guards over her fists before she walked over to him,

"Now, I want you to try and grab me."

"Uh... okay."

Creature Feature took a deep breath. Not knowing what to expect, he cautiously approached Silhouette while in a bizarre, unhelpful stance. Thoughts swam in his head about Silhouette's observations on the fragility of people, and Vance certainly didn't want to hurt anyone - least of all a friend. Distracted by his thoughts, he clumsily reached out to grab Silhouette in an awkward motion.

Creature Feature stumbled forward as his large feet caught Silhouette's leg. With a twist of his body, the werewolf form tucked into a roll to avoid falling flat. Creature Feature flipped around using both his legs and digging a claw deep into the dirt to stop the forward motion.

Vance smiled at his improvised display of acrobatics. "I'll getcha this time!" With much less hesitation as before, Creature Feature charged forward, using his large legs to leap at Silhouette surprisingly fast, attempting to catch her in a tackle.

Carrie couldn't avoid the attack, she saw that almost immediately, so she took a defensive position with her padded arms in front as he knocked into her. Landing flat on her back with him on top of her she grumbled a bit and looked down at her arms. Under the padding and wrapping she was sure there was some bruising and probably some on her back she looked up at Vance and let out a breath and in a good even deadpan said,

"Ouch."

It had been a fairly uneventful evening for Momentum; at least as uneventful as sneaking out after curfew in pursuit of fighting crime on the weekends can be, at any rate. Downtown Freedom had been unusually quiet for a change: no plaintiff cries for help, no daring robberies being committed in the glamorous moonlight, no nothing. Zip, zilch, nadda. And so here he was, all gussied up with no wrongs to right as the hero-in-a-hoodie sprung through the air, sailing prodigiously over rooftops and trees alike with klutzy aplomb. But hey, at least he was out trying to be a productive little super-powered bee, and that had to count for something.

Parkside was his last stop for the evening patrol, more so out of a sense of quiet reprieve from the aggravatingly annoying whooshing sound ringing through Momentum's ears brought about from his constant acrobatic rise and fall. With a harsh landing and an awkward flailing of his arms to catch himself, the young hero came to a stop just outside the park's entrance, a sight he'd only visited once during daylight hours during his curious tour of the massive city when he'd first arrived.

"Sweet," the boy mentally applauded, stuffing his hands inside his impromptu costume as he began to trundle his way along the concrete pathway. "Stroll through the park, catch my breath, and then it's back home for some beauty sleep. Just gotta keep from getting ca--"

His heart skipped a beat for a moment, the typically upbeat Canadian's train of thought faltering as he laid eyes on a most terrifying scene. There, lying upon the brush of grassy green foliage in the distance, was a young woman pinned to the ground! While this was certainly alarming, what made this particular visage truly horrific was what held the woman down: a massive body of fur and teeth and claws! This thing was inhuman, a monstrosity obviously intent on ravaging the girl like she was some sort of meal-on-wheels!

"Holy crap!" Momentum finally barked out, wholly intending to do so quietly within the sanctity of his own mind but failed miserably. He had to do something, or something was going to happen to that poor woman!

Laying down a burst of speed, the plucky young hero charged forward and hurled himself towards the wolfenstein of a beast, intent on dislodging its massive body from atop what might be another of its many victims as far as he knew.

Silhouette had been right. It was clear that Vance had very little idea as to his own strength. Creature Feature wrenched up from the tackle, concerned as to his mentor's possible injuries.

However, before he could apologize, something slammed into his back quite hard. While the attack caused no real damage whatsoever, Creature Feature still slammed right back into Silhouette, much to his annoyance.

"Who's there?!" Creature Feature demanded in a beastly snarl. He looked about for his assailant, letting go of his alleged victim at the same time.

If this is a thug, he's soooooooo gonna get it. I'll show Carrie what I can do! Creature Feature grinned to himself as he snarled.

Carrie didn't really see the blur that just randomly bum rushed Creature Feature off his feet, and annoying back onto her. This time she was able to avoid crushing as he pulled himself up and she slipped out of his grasped. Hearing his immediate demand she realized that someone must of been there. Backing up quietly to give him some room she started to remove her arm guards so she could fight properly(them being too thick for her to go flat with), she started to scan the area to see if she could find the source of the trouble.

Reeling from the concussive impact, the young charger stumbled backwards, the sheer tenacity of the snarling beast enough to stop Momentum (ironically) dead in his tracks. At least if nothing else, the outlandishly large beast was no longer pinning the young woman to the ground, ready to rip her throat out in some sort of blood-fueled furor.

"I... might not have totally thought that one all the way through..." Noah mentally chided himself, slightly displeased with how he'd inadvertently pushed the beast back into the girl, even if it was only momentarily before the woman scurried out from the beast's grasping claws.

Standing close enough to cause personal discomfort for himself in the darkened park, Momentum remained poised in plain sight, adjusting his goggles from the blunt trauma he'd just endured. Garbed in an impromptu costume of a red-and-white hoodie with the hood pulled over his head, tacky goggles, faded black jeans and red-and-white high-tops, the slightly terrified hero-in-training steeled himself to face this most alien of foes. Out of his league or not, Momentum had to at least make an effort to stop this lethal fiasco!

"J-just back off, man!" the jittery teen demanded with only the faintest of confidence, pointing decisively at the hulking behemoth of a snarling hound, oblivious to the full situation at hand. "Leave her alone, or you'll have to... uh... deal with me!"

Creature Feature turned to face his assailant, opening his mouth to give a little speech of his own. His jaw simply hung open, however, when he looked at his would-be assailant.

Vance stretched out a powerful werewolf arm, picking up Momentum by the back of his hoodie and hoisting him up to eye level.

"Uh..." Dumbfounded, Creature Feature blinked trying to wrack his brain for anything appropriate to say. Eventually, he blurted out a low, bestial "...Nice hoodie. Are those, like, gang colours?"

What kind of gang hangs out in a Park anyway?

"Oh crap!"

Going pale as the massive wolf reached for him, Momentum soon found himself caught between the elongated claws of the terrifying creature, quickly being hoisted up by the back of his craptacular disguise. Discontent and fear followed soon after as the young would-be hero began to panic in the wake of his far-superior adversary. Things definitely weren't going as well as they could be.

"Lemme go!" flailed the youth as the beast enunciated in its guttural growls, kicking and squirming as he was held up aloft by the far more menacing and muscular entity.

"And, like, what kinda gang hangs out in a park anyway?! I just want you to let that lady go and stuff, or... uh... or else!"

Huh? Just let the lady g...OH!

Creature Feature brightened as he smiled devilishly, showing off his large array of sharpened teeth. "I get it now..." he barked as he gently shook his would-be assailant.

This must have been what Carrie was up to when she asked me to grab her. Her sparring ninja-partner could sneak up on me and show me how vulnerable I was to a possible attack from behind. Looks like she's been training more than one young hero!

Gee, I'm glad he didn't really attack me. That coulda hurt!

The werewolf chuckled to himself. "Well, this is one fight you're not winnin', pal!"

Carrie just watched the seen quietly as she held her notebook and started to scribble down more notes, a few words were added to the advantages section, like intimidation and toughness. In addition to that, a short sentence was added at the end of the disadvantages section, unable to properly read situations.

Walking from behind Creature Feature, she got a look at the kid he held in his grasp. It was a rather scrawny kid that wasn't terribly different then how Vance looked in human form. He seemed pretty fond of red and white, though he was pretty glad that he wasn't wearing blue because that is incredibly overused. Looking from his angle over at Vance she was surprise the kid didn't just pass out from fright, reaching over she slid her hand onto his shoulder,

"Isn't it just a bit past your curfew kid?"

Blinking quietly for a fraction of a second at the young woman in a strange sense of disbelief at what he'd heard.

"Hey!" retorted Momentum, still squirming violently to get free from the terrifying grasp of the macho pooch as he addressed the unusually calm woman. "I just, like, saved your butt! You were supposed to run away!" he belted out, still vainly attempting to free himself from the clutches of his new-found foe.

Clearly, the magnitude of the circumstances in which he now found himself continued to evade Noah's stellar mental faculties. Nevertheless, the wiry vegan hero continues to squirm and flail clumsily in mid-air, adamant on attempting to escape the vice-like grip of the furry fiend before him.

"So, y'know, feel free to run away whenever!"

Reaching over she took her fingers and flicked him on the forehead and said with an irritated voice,

"What makes you think I need to be saved by a little twerp like you? I've taken out guys twice your size with no trouble, and I have no doubt I take Creature Feature over here if I really needed to."

Before continuing, she spun him around to face Vance head on,

"Plus, what sort of idiot just runs in against something like him expecting it to do anything. You might want to reaccess your weight class, because he's got at least three hundred pounds of pure muscle on your scawny hind end."

Finally, the red-hooded kid ceased to squirm, now thoroughly peeved by the sardonic woman and her condescending demeanor. If he weren't in a death-grip with the gargantuan guard dog, Momentum would have wholly whirled around to meet his less-than-grateful victim.

"I totally moved him! You saw it! You were there!" Noah sputtered in rapid succession, the insults hurting more than just his pride as his heroic nature was called into question. "I was desperate; and at least I'm tryin'! You're just standing there like you..."

And then came the epiphany, the synapses in his brain finally working on conjunction long enough to piece together the recently divulged information between Momentum's own impatient bouts verbal defense.

"You know this thing?!" the bewildered hero cried, his sensitivity regarding the creature holding him on high with one massive paw about as tactful and discreet as an Uwe Boll movie is sensible.

Creature Feature looked back and forth between the conversation, ignoring his vice-like grip on his assailant. Confused, he held up the young hero at Silhouette.

"So, uh, you don't know this guy? I thought he was one of your... nevermind."

A little deflated at his false assessment of the situation, coupled with Monument's unheroic "thing" description, Creature Feature shoulders fell as he gently put down the be-hooded visitor.

"Sorry for grabbin' you like that. I, uh... I thought you might be a ninja. Y'know - makin' a ninja attack... or something..." Vance trailed off in his embarrassment.

"Ooooookay..."

Just as confused as he was relieved to be set down by the potent pup, Momentum could only manage to stare awkwardly between the woman and the massive wolf-thing as he pulled the bottom of his attire down, relieving the uncomfortable tension brought about by his unwanted uplift. Clearly, there was more here than Noah had initially perceived. It wasn't like it was every day he saw a massive wolf-lookin' guy leering over a woman who, supposedly, could dispatch the entity if she wanted to.

Letting the moment of embarrassment linger for a second, the teen hero-in-training verbally began anew.

"Just... uh... what's... I so don't get it." the hood-clad hero enunciated, arms thrust upwards in overly-exaggerated confusion. "Who are you guys, and why are you hangin' out in a frickin' park in the middle of the night?!!"

"First off, he's not a thing, currently he's the wolfguy. Second off, we're only out here so late at night because there's supposed to be no one around. We can't have people screaming and calling the cops in the middle of out training sessions."

Walking closer she took one finger and put it on his chest,

"The real question is, why is someone who's barely old enough to shave running around downtown after midnight, unchaperoned. Your parents can't of allowed you out at such an hour."

"First off, he's not a thing, currently he's the wolfguy.

"Yeah!"

Second off, we're only out here so late at night because there's supposed to be no one around.

"Yeah!!"

We can't have people screaming and calling the cops in the middle of out training session"

"Ye- wait, cops?" Creature Feature turned to Silhouette, losing his self-confident momentum and rubbing his left ear with a paw. "I-is this illegal or somethin', Sil? My dad would kill me if I was breakin' the law..."

After he posed the question, he turned to the mysterious adventurer. "What's with the getup anyway? Some kind of... American gangstah hood-guy or somethin'?"

Turning to Vance she let out another sigh.

"No, we aren't doing anything illegal, it's just your choices in alternate forms is a bit unsettling to most people and I don't have any real way to vouch for you. That's why I'm trying to get you to learn to control yourself, if you slip up and accidently hurt or even kill somebody the public will absolutely crucify you."

Looking over at the random boy again she started to scan his outfit.

"No, I don't think he's in any gangs, his pants actually fit."