Heroes of Our Past (OOC)

trollthumper

• 2 weeks later...

For the sake of ease, I'm considering Cannonade's first attack against the Giant Robot a surprise attack. Either way, he hits, and the robot needs to make a DC22 Toughness save.

Which it doesn't quite. Now we go into Initiative, where I'll be using Cannonade's rough stats for the Legionnaire.

Cannonade goes on 17, Legionnaire goes on 20, and the Giant Robot goes on 15. AA, let me know if Edge wants a piece of this action, or if he's content blowing up Nazis. If it's the latter, I'll find something for him to do soon enough.

All right. Legionnaire goes first, and aims right for the robot's heels. That's a 31 on the attack roll, which would be awesome if Legionnaire had Improved Critical, but he doesn't, so it's just a standard DC22 Toughness save for the bot.

And the bot fails, enough that it's Stunned. Cannonade follows up on it by channeling the +5 bonus into Power Attack, which most decidedly hits now that the robot's stunned. That means a DC27 Toughness save... which it fails again. So here's where we stand:

Edge: Initiatived Seized, Unharmed, 6 HP

Legionnaire: 20, Unharmed, 0 HP

Cannonade: 17, Unharmed, 2 HP

Giant Nazi Robot: 15, Bruised x2, Stunned, 0 HP

Edge is up next.

• 2 weeks later...

All right, apparently Jimmy Lucas's Djinn will be played by the Wahabbist shape changer from the Wild Cards series. As the djinni has initiated a grapple, this calls for a melee roll -- which he makes -- followed by an opposed grapple roll.

And that's a 50 (on a 3) versus 40, so the genie has the robot at its mercy. Another day in Freedom City. And with that, the giant Nazi robot goes into the Seine.