Welcome to The Interceptors, Jill O'Cure [IC]

Gizmo

"He also has a point," noted Mona with a nod, "Working in the comics industry, I cringe every time I hear about a superhero book becoming a film. I mean Hollywood screws them up almost every single time. Did you see the one very loosely based on Foreshadow? Awful. I'd go for a metahuman film company just for a few good stories alone."

Then she stopped. Stopped deadpan and watched Eli laugh. To her he sounded more like a some sort of sonic weapon. Maybe the power was turned down too low? Once she regained her own composure, she joked, "Eli, have you ever thought about developing an auditory stun weapon or power? You'd be good for it."

Still she did shush. Mr. Incredible was just about to fight the Omnidroid for the first time. She could relate. Damn giant robots!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"movies filmed and shown at an accelerated rate for Speedsters! Oh, and maybe an arrangement with Blackstone, have the proceeds from the works go to relief funds for the victim's families."

"Blackstone?" Colt interrupted the scientists musings, "Oh, you ain't thinkin'a remakin' Th'Longest Yard...Agin... are yeh?" Colt joked, "'Er's that where them fancy writers come in? Ta shoot down ideas like that?"

"Grimal, you magnificent boggart!," Archeville exclaimed, bolting upright from his comfy spot in Mona's arms. "Movies for metahumans, made by metahumans! Why, the savings in special effects alone would make it a huge money-maker! Get some illusionists, of course; need to make sure they are the type whose illusions can be recorded mechanically, and are not just mental phantasms. Maybe some telekinetics to replace wire-work. Meta-intellects to write stories, both to take full advantage of the new media and to make intelligent and internally consistent stories..." He glanced over to Eli, up to Mona, then back to Eli again, "movies filmed and shown at an accelerated rate for Speedsters! Oh, and maybe an arrangement with Blackstone, have the proceeds from the works go to relief funds for the victim's families."

It had just been an offhand joke, of course, like ninety percent of the things that came out of her mouth, but the way Dok described his vision made perfect sense. Heck, she could play any role she wanted, help out with instant props that didn't require any trees to be cut down or end up in oozing toxic waste in some landfill...

Grim rolled on her back to make eye contact with her employer, nodded and gave him the thumbs up. "Anytime, anywhere, I'm your girl. Just let me have my Uncle Abe go over the contracts with a fine-toothed comb; he's an entertainment lawyer in LA."

• 2 weeks later...

"Blackstone?" Colt interrupted the scientists musings, "Oh, you ain't thinkin'a remakin' Th'Longest Yard...Agin... are yeh?" Colt joked, "'Er's that where them fancy writers come in? Ta shoot down ideas like that?"

Archeville smiled -- a genuinely warm and pleasant smile -- and chuckled, "that would be one reason, yes, to make sure that plot holes and inconsistencies do not crop up. That no one seeing it gets derailed while watching it -- or half an hour later while getting a snack from their refrigerator -- by wondering how or why certain things did or did not happen. To make sure nothing happens simply for the sake of prolonging the story. Though that is not to say there would not be things that a viewer may realize later, as they think about the work and realize certain things which are only obvious in hindsight... or with repeated viewings."

Repeat viewings = repeat business = profit!

"But more importantly," he continued, "would be to offer incarcerated metahumans an opportunity to work off their debts to society by lending their unique talents to these films. Not all of the inmates at Blackstone are psychotics and sociopaths, some are low-threat risks who are there solely due to their metahuman abilities. Set it up like the work release programs, where inmates who have displayed a modicum of trustworthiness can work, or work towards a degree of some sort."