Welcome to The Interceptors, Jill O'Cure [IC]

Gizmo

Strange... He ain't got'n accent no more... Colt thought to himself.

"Action'd be my pick," He said to the group. "Reckon y'all wouldn't mind if'n there was lots'a gun fights, would'ja?" Colt smiled playfully, while making fake finger guns. He always enjoyed perpetuating his own stereotype.

Then colt noted Vince's new costume, "Oh, I reckon we could even do'a blend'a stuff." He gestured to what the A.I. was wearing, "It's been too long since'a seen Mad Max!"

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mona, too, noticed the sudden lack of accent. She didn't say anything to that effect, however, instead starting to say something to Colt about Vince's costume. That too she decided against, clicking her mouth closed and dropping her arm, instead simply chuckling and putting an arm around the Good Doktor.

"How about we split the difference toward a comedy and an action flick?" finally asked Fulcrum. "Uh, yes, Vince, you have a good idea there. I could go for a classic comedy myself: Blazing Saddles. Maybe not to everyone's taste, but I think you'd enjoy it, Colt."

"If not that, how about The Incredibles or The Great Outdoors? Get the chance to watch a good movie about metas?" She looked around, trying to get the ball rolling. She looked proud of her eclectic taste.

"Uh, Trinity, mostly," Ellie answered Acheville, eyes darting about the group, clearly a little overwhelmed by the welcome. "I ended up doing, well, triage at one of the bigger ones when all those giant monsters attacked. They weren't really checking credentials, so, y'know." The coltish girls hands fidgeted at her sides without her old ponytail to play with.

Her brother gently knocked his shoulder into her's with a knowing half grin. "So. Movie. Your call, hermaita."

She blinked, quickly regaining her confident demeanor. "Good thing, unless you all want to be stuck with nothing but Princess Bride and Errol Flynn until the end times."

Jack crossed his arms with mock outrage. "They're classics for a reason."

"Mmhmm," she rolled her eyes indulgently. "The Incredibles seems apropos, Monie. Wanna try out that force field ball with super speed things one of these days, anyway."

"Well, I reckon that just 'bout settles it." Colt nodded. "'Less some'a y'all suddenly object ta th'Incredibles, we got ourselves a movie."

Colt laid a peck on the top of Grim's head. "One'a y'all dig out'a copy'a that. Meantime, I'll setup some drinks'n snacks." As he turned to approach the stairs once more, he shot Ellie a look, "Welcome'a board, little lady." After tipping his hat, he was off.

At first when their mentor and sponsor appeared out of the blue in an apparent foul mood, Grim was afraid it was going to be a repeat of the whole Avenger debacle all over again, but instead it was just the friendly mad scientist's idea of a joke.

"Doc, don't scare me like that!" :D

But as he continued to speak, Grim's ears couldn't help but notice his drastiaclly reduced accent.

Huh. Well maybe he's taking speech classes of something.

When the film selection was finally made, Grim eagerly dove for the DVD cabinet.

"Awesome, Incredibles it is! Hey, if we're gonna watch the greatest superhero film of all time, we should do a double feature with Sky High; it might help Jill get ready for her first year at Claremont!"

Seeing as the night's events were going to be far more innocent than she first expected, the faeling slipped out of her working clothes and into a full set of Freedom College sweats and made a beanbag to curl up in.

Huh, Doc's accent is gone. Meh. Probably just SCIENCE!'d himself up a speak all American like dooflickus. thought Eli as he dismissed anything off about the good Doctor. In a room with a giantess, a fae, an intersteller cowboy, a super-fast battery, an elemental jedi, and the girl who plays the meaniest game of patticake ever, an accent isn't exactly something to get all riled up about.

Eli was also distracted by being snubbed by Jill. "Oh sure pretend I'm not even in the room why don't ya?" said Eli full out mock outrage. "Sure ask Mo to do the force field ball/ super speed trick. It's not like its like its my thing or nothing. But I can tell when I'm not wanted. It's fine. It's okay. I'm sure you two will be very happy in your giant hamster speed ball of doom." Eli probably would have kept going on his rant too, but he caught Jack's eye over Jill's shoulder and just cracked up. After regaining his composure he took his place on the couch with his Econ book to read in between syllables.

With everyone gearing up and getting ready to watch the movie, Colt decided to put the last few free minutes they had to good use. "Eric, if'n ya got'a sec 'fore th'movie starts. Mind havin'a word out'n th'hall wit'me? Colt asked him. The question that needed asking wasn't the type of question you wanted to ask in public.

For the time being, Colt waited to the side of the crowd, watching the girls set up. When it appeared that Eric was ready, Colt followed him out into the hall...

"You know, I have not seen either The Incredibles or Sky High. Heard a lot about them, but never actually watched. Of course, when I do watch a movie," he continued as he claimed a spot on the couch, "I am either working on something -- two or three somethings, more likely -- or watching them at an accelerated rate. I am sure you," he gestured towards Dynamo, "have done something similar before, yes?"

Yeah, Archeville was a lot more casual than usual. Heck, this was the first time he'd ever shown even an inclination to hang out with the team, much less stay for movies and popcorn!

"Oh, and Vince," he looked up towards the ceiling, "let us view the movies as they are, without alteration, okay? I am still cleaning my copy of Casablanca." He looked back at the others, "he had Godzilla playing the Peter Lorre role."

Fulcrum laughed as she snuggled up against the Doktor. "That sounds like a lot of fun, Ellie. I'd give Eli first dibs anyway though. Just want to see the trouble he could cause with a Hamster Ball of Doom." She smiled back to the speedster.

"I've always liked The Incredibles. For being a 'family movie', it really is a multi-layered film with all sorts of possible interpretations. I especially like how Pixar used an allegory of the Moore Act years as the basis. One of the writers even admitted to it during an interview." As she spoke, one long arm sneaked its way around Viktor's shoulders.

She started to ask Viktor something, but his address to Vince was too funny. She smiled, "Really, Vince put Godzilla in his place? What did he do? Rampage through Rick's cafe before being bombed by a Super X policeman?"

Leaning closer, she whispered, as best she could, "So what's the occasion?"

"Pfft, like you weren't just going to make a 'ball' joke," Ellie pursed her lips at Eli, unimpressed. She did raise one eyebrow when he pulled out his textbook however, and wandered over to look over his shoulder. "Wait, you're actually in college?"

"Hrm? Uh, yeah, sure Bill," the elder sibling, indicating for the cowboy to lead the way and following him out into the hall, his expression a mix of mild concern and interest. "What's up?"

Vince's avatar sniffed as he appeared on the television screen while the film was being cued. He could have simply streamed it there himself, but there were certain rituals to be observed. "I'll have you know the King of all Monsters performed with all the passion and swagger of a young Patrick Stewart."

Once in the hallway, Colt smiled at his friend. "Don't worry none, Jack. This's nothin' bad." Colt folded his arms. "Y'all're aware'a my proposal't Grim. But I still reckon this's somethin'n that should be done'n relative private. Wouldn't wanna step on no toes're nothin'."

Colt paused for a second, looking Jack square in the eyes, "Erik, I reckon I'd be'a happy man if'n y'd be ma best man't th'weddin'. I can't think'a no one that'd be able't give'a better speech'n you. What'a ya say, pal?" Colt smiled, expectant of a good answer.

Grinning, Jack punched Colt in the shoulder. "Man, you thought you even had to ask? Of course." Folding his arms, the swordsman leaned back against the wall and regarded his friend, head cocked slightly to the side and expression quietly thoughtful. "So, you're really serious about this, huh? It's not like a 'let's get engaged 'cause we're already living together anyway' sorta deal?"

Colt smiled in spite of himself. Jack really did care, and he was thankful for that. "Yessir, this is..." Colt spoke slowly, sighing. He gazed down the hallway, past Jack towards the room where the movie was being shown, and Grim was watching. Fixing his eyes back on Jack, he responded, "I reckon this's th'real thing, Pal. If'n she ain't th'one, ... I don't know who is."

Colt smiled and put his arm around Jack's shoulder and grinned widely. "What'a ya say? Wanna go'n tell'em before that there movie starts?"

"Well... yeah, I'm a Junior in FC." said Eli a little taken aback by Ellie's question. "What you thought I just spent all my time running around the city punching guys in the face? That's your brother's shtick by the way" He added in an undertone. "There's one thing my dad pounded into my head, that I'm kind of now only starting to appreciate: no matter what you lose in this life, no one can take away your education." said Eli as he recalled the quote he's heard a few dozen times before. "Now don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna be winning the Nobel prize any time soon, but some of this stuff is pretty cool. Not this stuff..." he said showing the cover of his Principles of Microeconomics book. "... but stuff like chemistry and physics is just wild, because you can really like see the applications of it, me especially. Hurts your brain a bit, but that's the cost of admission. I don't know, I guess I'm just trying to find something that's really worth my time you know?"

"I'm sure he did, Vince," Fulcrum joked, "I'll have you know the King of the Monsters has me among his many fans. I'm actually looking forward to a good brawl with Gigantosaur, his real-life proxy."

Beyond that, Mona simply listened to her team mates' conversation about school and enjoyed Viktor's proximity. Interestingly, when some individuals felt uncomfortable around the Doktor for long periods, something about his presence felt soothing. Not to mention he seemed to be better focused when she was around too. Mona wasn't sure what to make of that tidbit, other to wonder about observation bias. In any regard, Eli's dedication to his education trumped those concerns at the moment.

"That's wonderful, Eli," said Mona, smiling to the speedster, "Science is an absolutely wonderful and very broad discipline. You'll find one or more areas that would benefit not only from your interests but also from your powers. I mean I'm nowhere near your speed, but even I love being able to finish a book in the blink of an eye."

Erik and Colt wandered back into the room in time to see Ellie snapping her jaw shut with an audible click. "So how come he's not actually stupid?" she asked her brother, jerking a thumb in Eli's direction.

"Woah, hey!" the swordsman's eyebrows went up as he raised his hands defensively and addressed the studying speedster. "I never said you were stupid, honest!"

"No, you said he reminded you of you," Ellie responded immediately, with a smirk, "so, natural mistake." Crossing her arms over the back of the couch, she leaned back over it. "Thanks for the assist, Zip. That's actually some pretty cool stuff; I'm vaguely impressed."

As she spoke, one long arm sneaked its way around Viktor's shoulders.

She started to ask Viktor something, but his address to Vince was too funny. She smiled, "Really, Vince put Godzilla in his place? What did he do? Rampage through Rick's cafe before being bombed by a Super X policeman?"

"No, no," Archeville chuckled as he leaned in, "he simply overlaid Mister Lorre's image with that of Godzilla, and tweaked his lines so they sounded more like Godzilla was roaring them out. Like how Peter Frampton can make his guitar 'talk'..." He snapped his fingers, "a fitting analogy, since in the original films, Godzilla's roar was created by rubbing a resin-covered leather glove along the loosened strings of a double bass and then slowed down the playback!"

Leaning closer, she whispered, as best she could, "So what's the occasion?"

"What?" he whispered back, reaching up and twining a lock of her hair around his finger. "Can a man not relax with the woman he adores, and a few 'work buddies'?"

Archeville was definitely in a more relaxed and jovial mood, and had been for the past couple of weeks. The fact he was not speaking in his usual outrageous accent -- something he was fully capable of doing, but usually only did amongst those he was fully comfortable with, like Fulcrum after their first few dates -- was itself enough to indicate this, but his relaxed and casual nature, and interest in 'hanging out', left no question.

So happy!

Dynamo's talk of his education was just enough to pull some of the Doktor' attention away, though he smiled when he heard Mona's encouragement joining his. "An excellent attitude to have, young man! Science will get you far in life, especially when you can apply that knowledge to the workings of your own abilities!"

"Hey, y'all!" Colt smiled, as he followed Jack back into the room. He stood next to Grimalkin and laid an arm over her shoulder. "Before y'all git this show on'a road, I'd like ta make'a quick 'nouncement." He gestured briefly towards the swordsman, "Jack here, 'er should'a say Erik, 's agreed ta be ma best man't th'weddin'." Colt smiled down at Grim. "Now we jus need'ta actually plan one."

Erik and Colt wandered back into the room in time to see Ellie snapping her jaw shut with an audible click. "So how come he's not actually stupid?" she asked her brother, jerking a thumb in Eli's direction.

"Woah, hey!" the swordsman's eyebrows went up as he raised his hands defensively and addressed the studying speedster. "I never said you were stupid, honest!"

Eli actually looked a little hurt by that comment, and got a bit of a sad puppy dog look in his eyes.

"No, you said he reminded you of you," Ellie responded immediately, with a smirk, "so, natural mistake."

And that look was almost immediately replaced by a great big smile on Eli's face, and his ears got rather red. From the way his eyes lit up, you could tell that his day was just made. "Aww. Is that true Jack?" said Eli, who actually sounded a little chocked up. "Come here Jack. Gimme a hug." says Eli as he spreads out his arms. Seeing Jack's hesitancy he adds "I'll settle for a brofist.... no? Okay, how about a high five?... Low five?"

All this talk of the wonders of a scientific education filled Lynn with mock-outrage; she sat up and gestures towards herself.

“What, no love for the Criminal Justice major? They don’t just hand out those degrees, you know.â€

But the return of her fiancé brought a smile back to her face.

"Now we jus need'ta actually plan one."

Grim nodded as she reached up to rub Colt's arm. "The hard part is picking the right date; I really want my Uncle Karl to be there, but it takes a while to get furloughs approved with the Department of Corrections. He's serving five years at Bayside, but he's actually the sweetest guy."

She sighed deeply.

"He just really loves cars..." :(

"I suppose," replied Fulcrum, although she sounded unconvinced by Viktor's sudden mellowness.

Turning her attention to Colt, she smiled, "Somehow I figured the best man spot would be reserved for you, Erik. You two could make a whole...what's the term...bromance. I mean your powers alone make for good foils."

As for Grim, well, she had only one answer to her mock outrage. A pen was borrowed from Viktor's coat pocket, and she held it out to the air, "Criminal Justice degrees are great too! I can make some wicked stick figure drawings, and I only spent six years learning how!" she teased, mainly herself, in that self-deprecating way English and Art majors do.

"Well, do you two have an idea of what style of wedding you want? Outdoor? Beach? Mansion? Doves? Ice sculptures? Elvis impersonators?" Yeah, that last one was added just to see if they were listening.

A wedding! Yay!

Archeville bolted up from his semi-reclined position, and looked from Mona to Lynn to Mona and back to Lynn and Billy again. "Oh! A castle! I have a castle! You can use it, if you like! And the finest Bavarian pastries and German chocolates shall be at your disposal! And musicians!" He searched his pockets for his Screwdriver, withdrew it and began flipping through a holographic rolodex it projected, "I believe I have the contact information for the Rector of the Leipzig University of Music and Theatre here somewhere... "

With a sigh, Erik spread his arms, then used Eli's open stance to wrap the speedster in a friendly headlock. "Never said it was a compliment either, hermanito," the swashbuckler grinned, mussing the younger man's blond hair with his free hand before releasing him with a small shove.

Ellie's amused smirk turned to muted surprise as the Doktor enthusiastically joined in on the discussion of wedding venues. "Uh, wow. He's a lot more... chipper that I remember," she mentioned quietly.

Her brother raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, I guess. Probably just in a good mood since, well..." he trailed off from a low whisper.

The young sibling cast a glance toward Mona, supplying, "...he took up mountain climbing?"

Colt responded to Grim rubbing his arm by planting a small kiss on the top of her head. Silently, he simply looked around the room smiling. More and more he was sure of the fact that he'd found his proper place in life on the Interceptors. His teammates really were the closest thing he had to family in this world. At least since he was forced to leave his own world, and his mother behind. The many months he had spent here had begun to do wonders for his homesickness. At times, he'd even forget he had ever actually missed his own world. Here he was at home. Here he was family. Here he was happy.

Dr. Archeville's talk of castles and fine German meats jolted him back to reality. "Thank ya kindly, Doc. As always'a course. But'a reckon unless that there castle'a yers's somewhere in town, we might have'ta decline. It'll be hard'nuff ta git Grim's uncle outta prison as's. Let'a 'lone havin' him leave th'country." Colt shrugged sheepishly.

"Thank ya kindly, Doc. As always'a course. But'a reckon unless that there castle'a yers's somewhere in town, we might have'ta decline. It'll be hard'nuff ta git Grim's uncle outta prison as's. Let'a 'lone havin' him leave th'country."

Grim smiled at Dok's incredibly sweet offer. "Yeah, Dok, that does sound amazing, but we were thinking of holding the service at Silbermann's, since it's been part of our family for so long. Also, we were thinking of a smaller service with a Conservative rabbi and a heavily-armed wedding party."

She grimaced and shook her head.

"After seeing what happened at Jack and Taylor's wedding, our philosophy is 'be prepared'; I'm really hoping Stesha will be free to help with floral arrangements as well as serving as the on-site tactical plant coordinator."

Then an idea struck her, and she looked first at Archeville, then to Colt, then back to their benefactor. "Although maybe...we could stay at your castle, for the honeymoon? That would be like something out of Sleeping Beauty!"