Dorian Magnus [Archived]

Warmonger

For years Technological Development in Freedom City has been dominated by a few powerful names: Majestic and Grant spring to mind. Recently a new player has shown up to challenge them. Vulcan Industries is the new kid on the block and is looking to take a bite out of the action. Curious how a small company hoped to take on established industry giants, we caught up with the owner; HIT whiz kid turned CEO Dorian Magnus for an exclusive interview at his office in Wading Way.

Freedom Ledger: Good Afternoon Dorian how are you doing today?

Dorian Magnus: Much better now that I’ve gotten to see you in person Ms. Streeter. I very much enjoyed your piece on the late Centurion. It was perhaps the most poignant, yet logical report I have read.

FL: I hope you don’t think you can get extra points with flattery.

DM: Don’t be silly. That’s what dinner at The Starlight is for and maybe some dancing perhaps.

FL: I’ll get back to you on that. So, first of all, with several powerful Technological giants already in the game how do you plan to keep your company afloat.

DM: People look at me and only see the end product. They see only another young genius, a bubble in the American economy that will either pop or be swallowed by the sharks I swim with. They see me as another Larry Page, but I think I’m much closer to Gill Gates. I built this company from scratch, Julie. When everyone said that I couldn’t, I did. Don’t underestimate the sweat and tears of a man with a dream Julie. Don’t underestimate the willpower of the men and women who make up Vulcan. We’ve come a long way as a family, that’s why we’re ready to meet any challenge.

FL: I see, but even if you can turn a profit there is a very good chance that pressure from other companies will simply buy you out or simply crush you.

DM: Julie, Julie, Julie. You’re underestimating us again. I am not selling this company. I will not be run out of business by anyone, be it Heronious King, or John Grant or anyone. I don’t give up on anything that I set my eyes on. In fact I imagine it will be my company that does the buying.

FL: You don’t speak very much like a CEO and your company doesn’t have much experience. What do you think makes your company unique in a congested market?

DM: I don’t speak like one, because I don’t see myself as one. I see myself as the head of a family, because that is what Vulcan is to me; a family. That is what makes us different Julie. That is what people need today. In a world filled with Soulless mega-corporations, we’re a breath of fresh air Julie.

FL: Well thank you, once again for your time. I wish you and your company the best of luck.

DM: Thank you but I’ll pass on luck Julie. Fortune favors the prepared after all. I suspect we’ll be seeing more of each other.

For years Technological Development in Freedom City has been dominated by a few powerful names: Majestic and Grant spring to mind. Recently a new player has shown up to challenge them. Vulcan Industries is the new kid on the block and is looking to take a bite out of the action. Curious how a small company hoped to take on established industry giants, we caught up with the owner; HIT whiz kid turned CEO Dorian Magnus for an exclusive interview at his office in Wading Way.

Dorian Magnus: Much better now that I’ve gotten to see you in person Ms. Streeter. I very much enjoyed your piece on the late Centurion. It was perhaps the most poignant, yet logical report I have read.

DM: Don’t be silly. That’s what dinner at The Starlight is for and maybe some dancing perhaps.

FL: I’ll get back to you on that. So, first of all, with several powerful Technological giants already in the game how do you plan to keep your company afloat.

DM: People look at me and only see the end product. They see only another young genius, a bubble in the American economy that will either pop or be swallowed by the sharks I swim with. They see me as another Larry Page, but I think I’m much closer to Gill Gates. I built this company from scratch, Julie. When everyone said that I couldn’t, I did. Don’t underestimate the sweat and tears of a man with a dream Julie. Don’t underestimate the willpower of the men and women who make up Vulcan. We’ve come a long way as a family, that’s why we’re ready to meet any challenge.

FL: I see, but even if you can turn a profit there is a very good chance that pressure from other companies will simply buy you out or simply crush you.

DM: Julie, Julie, Julie. You’re underestimating us again. I am not selling this company. I will not be run out of business by anyone, be it Heronious King, or John Grant or anyone. I don’t give up on anything that I set my eyes on. In fact I imagine it will be my company that does the buying.

FL: You don’t speak very much like a CEO and your company doesn’t have much experience. What do you think makes your company unique in a congested market?

DM: I don’t speak like one, because I don’t see myself as one. I see myself as the head of a family, because that is what Vulcan is to me; a family. That is what makes us different Julie. That is what people need today. In a world filled with Soulless mega-corporations, we’re a breath of fresh air Julie.

FL: Well thank you, once again for your time. I wish you and your company the best of luck.

DM: Thank you but I’ll pass on luck Julie. Fortune favors the prepared after all. I suspect we’ll be seeing more of each other.