Mysteries Infinite: Under a Crimson Glow [OOC]

Carces

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I used all my actions, but hey! Momentum won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Round Breakdown (con't):

Standard Action: Weasel in close and heave-ho with a Strike (Strike 7; Penetrating Extra; Full Power Drawback) with one of the two machine-gun wielding mobsters. I'm guessing they're all kinda bunched together, so I think Momentum's mostly going to bank on the other guy firing into melee and hopefully not looking forward to shooting his pals.

Attack Roll for Strike: 18 (Roll 13 + 5 Base Attack Bonus)

Thought I used all my actions, but hey! Momentum won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Nope. Picking up the fire extinguisher is part of the move action to get to the sixth floor. It's made for fast access in case of emergency.

You would have used both actions if you got some people out of the building. But that's not happening at the moment. :)

EDIT: When you post next, rpgronin, could you please make three toughness saves? Two are DC17 (Thugs punching you) and one is DC 18 (Crime Lord Fanetti shoots at you.) Thugs apparently roll quite well.

Holding off on posting again, but making my saves and such ahead of time. Since I didn't explicitly say he'd activated it in any post - which may be Momentum's undoing! :P - but assume Momentum's not totally stupid enough to go running off without it on, his Force Field would have auto-saved against the damage (Impervious Force Field 4), but again, since I didn't say he did so, I'll leave that up to DM interpretation and posteth those saveths in-case you rule it as such:

Toughness = +3 (CON +1 + Defensive Roll 2)

DC 17 Toughness vs. Unarmed Thug's Attack #1: 11 (Roll 8 + Toughness 3) - Stunned + Bruised

Toughness = +2 (CON +1 + Defensive Roll 2 - Bruised)

DC 17 Toughness vs. Unarmed Thug's Attack #2: 11 (Roll 9 + 2 Defensive Roll) - Stunned + Bruised 2

Toughness = +1 (CON +1 + Defensive Roll 2 - Bruised 2)

DC 18 Toughness vs. Fanetti's Machine Gun: 8 (Roll 7 + Toughness 1) - Bruised + Staggered

Holding off on posting again, but making my saves and such ahead of time. Since I didn't explicitly say he'd activated it in any post - which may be Momentum's undoing! :P - but assume Momentum's not totally stupid enough to go running off without it on, his Force Field would have auto-saved against the damage (Impervious Force Field 4), but again, since I didn't say he did so, I'll leave that up to DM interpretation and posteth those saveths in-case you rule it as such:

The forcefield should be up, absorbing all the damage. Treat the saving throws like you made every save.

Cannonade - there are 4 thugs and 1 crimelord. One of the thugs spent an action getting his machine gun ready, which he'll use next round.

Supercape: The fire elemental is near a large hole and takes up the fifth and sixth floor while you are on the ground floor. From here, you can see him and target him, but he has exceptional cover to you, getting +8 defense. The hole itself is at a 79 degree angle from where you are. Using the water with a funnel will require an attack roll in this case, as you both need to aim it at the fire elemental and increase the water's pressure at the same time to get it all the way up to the fifth/sixth floor.

To avoid the cover, you must at least be between the 3rd and 8th floor. Getting father away isn't feasible because there's a building in the way. You'll just have to be creative. :D

By my count, it is Supercape's turn.

In which case, for now, Its

Move Action: Fly up to the hole

Free Action: Shout / Speak!

Standard Action: Perception Range AoE Dazzle (Radio and Visual) Burst - I will try and place this as sensibly as possible but the prime target is the Fire Elemental.

As perception Range AoE its auto hit, no reflex save (to half the DC anyway) - Reflex DC 18 or dazzled.

All right, so:

Move Action: Leaping from the roof to the sixth floor, right into the exposed office.

Free Action: Switching from Leaping to Super-Strength.

Standard Action: Unleashing a Shockwave on the mobsters. They must make a DC17 Reflex save to halve the damage. If they succeed, it's a DC19 Toughness save against the attack; if they fail, it's DC22.

Momentum - you'll be hit by thee Aoe as well, as it's a huge, 400 ft burst. Cannonade has full cover where he currently is, so he won't have to save and Supercape is immune to his own powers. Please make a reflex save for your next post.

3 thugs are currently blind.

It's Momentum's turn, since he's not stunned due to his forcefield.

Saves Before Post:

DC 18 Reflex Save vs. Dazzle (Auditory + Visual): 15/20 (Roll 8 + 7 Reflex/+12 Visual w/ Flash Goggles) - Afflicted by Auditory Dazzle; Initiative Drops to +21 due to being Deafened

DC 18 Fortitude Save to Recover from Auditory Dazzle: 17 (Roll 13 + 5 Fortitude) - Still Afflicted by Auditory Dazzle

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Read that as "Auditory" instead of "Radio." Not deafened. Excuse my stupidity.

Round Breakdown:

Free Action: Delay till' after Cannonade but before Bad Guys in the Initiative Order.

Standard Action: Setting up a Ready Action to perform an All-Out (+2 Attack/-2 Defense) Kinetic Control Blast Attack to go off if Fanetti is still conscious after Cannonade's antics. Defense Bonus drops to +4, and Attack Bonus rises to +7.

Triggered Standard Action - All-Out Kinetic Control Blast Attack @ Fanetti: 25 (Roll 18 + 5 Attack Bonus + 2 All-Out Attack); DC22 Toughness to Save

Move Action: None. Nowhere to really go at the moment that would be beneficial, so forfeiting the rest of Momentum's turn.

Whew, finally caught up an reading all the posts! Carces, in the previous thread you'd said that Grim's scary-high Enhanced Charisma Diplomacy check would be enough for her to sway the crowd for a while. To explain my complete lack of posting here, can I say that she's been using her impressive persona to help disperse/protect the crowd, until she notices all the craziness on the floors above? If so, I will start my post that way.

Whew, finally caught up an reading all the posts! Carces, in the previous thread you'd said that Grim's scary-high Enhanced Charisma Diplomacy check would be enough for her to sway the crowd for a while. To explain my complete lack of posting here, can I say that she's been using her impressive persona to help disperse/protect the crowd, until she notices all the craziness on the floors above? If so, I will start my post that way.

Sure thing. You probably won't meet with a ton of success, since the crowd is pretty out of it at the moment, but you can keep them alive, conscious, and shuffling at your discretion.

Like Supercape, your turn happens when you post your action. Don't worry about initiative or anything like that.

I think its me up next?

If so, its create object, namely a funnel, or flume, over the stream of water from the hydrant, redirecting it through the hole into hothead.

I don't know what his defence is, but ill post my attack roll.

Incidentally, I am not entirely going for accuracy - just getting a load of water into the room would suit fine. I don't know what modifiers you want to apply for that I'll leave it to your discretion.

1d20+4=12

I guess thats probably enough to get water into the room, but not to hit the beast. I'll refrain from IC post till you confirm, however.

I think its me up next?

If so, its create object, namely a funnel, or flume, over the stream of water from the hydrant, redirecting it through the hole into hothead.

I don't know what his defence is, but ill post my attack roll.

Incidentally, I am not entirely going for accuracy - just getting a load of water into the room would suit fine. I don't know what modifiers you want to apply for that I'll leave it to your discretion.

1d20+4=12

I guess thats probably enough to get water into the room, but not to hit the beast. I'll refrain from IC post till you confirm, however.

Yes, you are able to get some water into the room while not hitting the elemental. Be aware that a lot of it will evaporate at the end of your next turn.

No time to post right now, but I'm assuming all Momentum has left is a Move Action this round since he readied a Standard Action which fizzled after Cannonade wrecked everyone :P

Anyway, assuming the above, there's... really not a lot he can do, even if he Surges with Extra Effort for another Standard Action, so I guess I'll just have Momentum waffle there for a minute. I'll see about getting a fluff post up as soon as I have more time when I get home.

Round Breakdown:

Free Action: Speaketh unto Cannonade.

Move Action: Pick-Up Fire Extinguisher (Again).

Move Action: Using Speed (Rank 10; 10,000 MPH/100,000' per Round) to approach the Flaming Bad Guy and get its attention.

Standard Action (Extra Effort Surge): Fire the Fire Extinguisher at the Flaming Bad Guy to try and guarantee said attention. Not sure if it actually needs an Attack Roll or not, but I included one anyway.

Hero Point: Spending one of Momentum's two Hero Points to Cancel Fatigue before his next turn.