Momentum

rpgronin

The HellQ

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

“Uh… I’m a guy from Canada with weird powers who just moved, y’know, to Freedom City. Or something.â€

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

“Yeah. Noah, my middle name. My first name kinda sucks. Oh, and Momentum. That’s… uh… kinda the name I’ve been using while out doing stuff as a cape. I guess it kinda sucks too.â€

What is your full birth name?

“I just said it sucked! You’re gonna make me say it, aren’t you? Fine. Ashley Noah Childers. Yeah, I’ve got a girl’s first name. Laugh it up. Story of my life, I swear...â€

Where do you live?

“Just moved here with my parents from Bancroft to Freedom City’s Midtown district after my dad got a new job at ASTRO Labs, or whatever it is.â€

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

“I’m sixteen. Was born September 3rd in 1994 in Bancroft, Ontario.â€

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

“I’m a guy, guy.â€

How would you describe your heritage?

“French-Canadian.â€

How tall are you?

“Too short to play football; at least that’s what my junior high coach said. I’m five-foot-six.â€

What is your body type?

“My… what? I dunno. Kinda wiry I guess.â€

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

“Hmm… oh! I’m totally allergic to eggplants. They taste good and junk, but they make me break out in a nasty rash. That counts, right?â€

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

“I… don’t get it. Like, how do I walk? Uh… normally, I guess.â€

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

“Guess I’m kinda tan. Not, y’know, dark or anything, but I’m… I don’t know, normal-looking or whatever. You can already see my hair’s brown, and if you couldn’t tell, my eyes aren’t all that different.â€

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

“I try and keep it short. Can’t get it to behave though, y’know? Always been kinda shaggy, and it manages to get right in my frickin’ eyes when I’m doing… uh… ‘stuff.’ Too long to be practical, too short to tie back or whatever."

"Facial hair? Pfft. I wish. I’d totally grow a goatee if I could.â€

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

“Heck yeah! I’m totally hot. I mean, I like to think I’m hot. Pretty sure I am. Yeah. Pretty sure, except for, y’know, a few… uh… zits and stuff.â€

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

“I’ve got this funky birthmark on the side of my left foot that sorta looks like an acorn if you squint real hard.â€

Do you resemble anyone famous?

“Nope.â€

Do you have a dominant hand?

“Uh huh. Right-handed.â€

What kind of clothing do you wear?

“Oh, y’know, casual stuff: Shirts with bands and art I like, jeans, cargo khakis, tennis shoes; nothing weird or anything.â€

Do you wear makeup?

“What?! No! No way! Is that some kinda crack at my name, man? That’s not funny.â€

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

“Uhh… normal, I think? I mean, I’m no Ryan Gosling or whatever.â€

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

“Don’t think so. Sometimes I bite my pencil when I’m taking tests, but I thought everyone did that…â€

History

Where do you come from?

“… didn’t I already tell you? Whatever. From Bancroft, Ontario. That’s in Canada, bee-tee-dubyew, guy.â€

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

“Yeah. This is my first. Like I said, my family moved down here to Freedom City after my dad got a new job at ASTRO Labs.â€

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

“I guess. I dunno. Not very political or anything, y’know what I mean?â€

How do you feel about the place you come from?

“Other than it being cold and stuff? It was awesome. I want to go back.â€

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

“In Ontario. Real quiet, and a good drive from most of the big cities like Toronto or Montreal.â€

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

“I guess we were all sorta the same. I mean, all my friends and I liked most of the same stuff.â€

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

“Something I’m really good at? Hmm. Don’t think so. Lots of stuff I suck at though. Like math. I suck hard at math. And science. And… uh… and world history.â€

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

“Not really, nope.â€

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

“There was this one time I got to meet Miss Frostbite at a charity faire down in Highland Grove when I was real little. It was the first time I’d ever, y’know, met a real superhero… heroine… whatever. I think that’s when I kinda started really appreciating all the stuff they do; heroes, I mean. I always kinda thought it was just wearing tights and punching guys in the face, or blasting them with fire or whatever, but there’s really a lot more to the whole hero-gig than I thought.â€

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

“Oh, man… what haven’t I done. There was this one time some friends and me snuck backstage to a Two Days From Yesteryear concert, and the time I tried to roller-blade through the Square One Shopping Centre… y’know, stuff like that. Nothing serious or anything, just, y’know, me being stupid.â€

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

“I went to Bancroft Elementary when I was a kid and junk, and then when I took my freshman and a little of my sophomore year at North Hastings High before we moved. I guess school was okay and stuff; all my friends were there, so that was cool, but it definitely had its crappy days. I think that’s just how high school is though.â€

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

“I’ve got some stuff, yeah. Mostly movie and concert stubs me and my friends went to. Got a bunch of pictures, too.â€

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

“This is, like, totally confidential, right? It better be.â€

“Anyway, I didn’t find out I had powers till’ just before my first year at North Hastings, so this is… uh… this is still kinda new to me. I decided that if I had these weird powers and stuff, the right thing to do would be to help out where I could, know what I mean? Canada doesn’t exactly have a lot of crime or anything, but we’ve got our own heroes, and our own goons to deal with. I think… I think if I had to, like, think anyone influenced my decision to at least try and do my part, it was Miss Frostbite, though I only really met her that one time when I was a little kid. Her big speech was about being a hero and how it means more than just, like, beating up mooks and stuff – though there’s a lot of that too from what little experience I’ve had and junk. I want to at least try and live up to what I think a hero is: y’know, someone to inspire hope and try and pass on what the right thing is through action. Besides, I’ve got powers, so I guess it kinda goes without saying that I should use them, right?â€

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

“I’ve never met anyone else who just found out they had powers and stuff, so I don’t know what to say about that. Nothing, I guess.â€

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

“Just the one where I’m, uh, a superhero. Or trying to be, anyway.â€

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

“I… hum. I’ve never really thought about it. Maybe, I guess. Don’t know.â€

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?

“I’ve read a few comics. I think things like that would probably happen if it got out, y’know? Find out my secret identity, go after my friends and family and stuff to get to me. That’s why I’m NOT gonna let that get out.â€

“… you are gonna just keep this to yourself, right? Seriously, you better.â€

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

“Nope, though I’ve definitely gotten in trouble a bunch.â€

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

“Daniel and Sarah Childers.â€

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

“Yeah. They’re my folks.â€

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

“They were, I dunno, okay I guess. Dad’s a doctor of… some kinda science-thing that I don’t get, and mom was a high school teacher at Our Lady of Mercy before we moved here.â€

Where are your parents now?

“Here. In Freedom City, I mean. Dad works down at ASTRO Labs, and mom’s probably still at home with Pete since she doesn’t, like, have a new job yet or anything.â€

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

“I dunno about them or whatever before Kate was born, but we lived in Bancroft for most of my life. So, yeah, I guess we kinda stayed in one place for a while.â€

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

“Okay, I guess. I mean, I didn’t spend most of my days and junk in the house, since I had friends to actually hang out with, so it’s not like I was hovering around them twenty-four-seven. I don’t think things have changed all that much, I guess. New house, new city, new country… whatever. They’re still as lame as always, but I love them.â€

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

“I ‘unno how they really look at me. Never asked them directly. Can’t help but think I might get some mixed feelings from them though if I told them that, uh, I’m always late coming home from school because I’m doing this hero stuff...â€

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

“Yeah. Katelyn’s the oldest. She’s really annoying, and always has, like, a new boyfriend every week or whatever. She’s set to start going to Freedom University in the fall, so at least she’ll be gone for a few hours while I’m home. Peter’s the youngest; he just cries and whines and crap all day, every day. Drives me nuts, but I guess he’s not any worse than Kate; at least he can’t talk yet.â€

What was your birth order in the family?

“Kate’s the oldest by two years, then there’s me, and Peter’s last.â€

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?

“We’re all here, sorta. Kate’s always out doing… y’know, whatever it is she does. Seriously don’t want to know. Pete’s usually home or with mom or dad.â€

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

“Kinda have to stay in touch with them, if y’know what I mean. We all kinda live in the same house… except for Kate, when she doesn’t come home.â€

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

“My sister, Kate. Totally. Well, I mean, I guess I don’t HATE her hate her or whatever, but we definitely don’t get along. She’s just so bitchy and ego-centric.â€

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

“I guess my dad and I are pretty tight. I mean, I’m not interested in all that science-stuff he does, but we, y’know, hang out now and then. I don’t know if he likes all the stuff I do or if he’s just trying to be cool, but he tries and takes time out when he can. He’s pretty busy, always has been.â€

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

“Don’t think so.â€

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

“Umm… dunno. Probably not.â€

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

“W-what?! I… uh… well I—n-no! I mean, I did… but no k-kids! Jeez…â€

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

“… N-next question!â€

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

“I don’t know! Can we just move on? Please?â€

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

“Oh, totally. There’s Cooper and Chuck, the twins who lived next door to me in Bancroft for forever. Alyssa lived right down from my house on the cul-de-sac, so we all kinda knew each other since we were little. In the first grade, Sandy moved across the street from the old house at the end of the lane and kinda… uh… weaseled her way into our little clique, or whatever you wanna call it. We’ve been friends forever; even started a little band while we were in middle school. And… then I moved.â€

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

“Hum… nope. My friends are my friends, man. I don’t play favorites or anything.â€

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

“My friends and family. Duh.â€

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

“… Yeah. I just moved a million miles away, so I guess that kind of works like me breaking up with Sandy. I didn’t even tell her; had to have someone else do it for me because I just… I couldn’t, y’know? Probably better that way.â€

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

“Dunno. Maybe. I mean, there were always guys in high school I didn’t exactly get along with, and I’ve been in a few fights. Don’t think so though. Pretty sure, anyway.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

“I’m kinda far from North Hastings, y’know? Probably nothing since I’m so far away.â€

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

“Not sure anyone’s ever really done anything bad to me. There was this one time this guy in my freshman gym class pants’d me, but I don’t think that really counts or whatever.â€

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

“Never really thought about it, to be honest. I guess my family and my friends, and then… I dunno. Good or the 'doing the right thing', or whatever you want to call it.â€

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

“My dad. He’s never lied to me, and he’s always there… uh… you know, with advice and stuff when I need it. He’s a good guy.â€

Who or what do you despise? Why?

“Country music. I can’t stand it! It’s really depressing half the time.â€

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

“Honesty, I think. I… kinda like to think I have that myself, but sometimes I catch myself trying to, y’know, weasel out of trouble.â€

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

“I don’t like people who manipulate others. It really irks me. And don’t you even accuse me of that, man! I’m not a user!â€

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

“Yeah. I’m, y’know, secretly Momentum... pending a better name, if I can come up with one. Regardless, I think it’s probably best if I, uh, keep it that way. A secret I mean… from everyone.â€

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

“Totally work well in groups. I dunno if I’d call myself a leader or whatever, so I guess that makes me a follower. I like to think I can lead if I have to, so… yeah…â€

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

“Nope.â€

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

“Nuh uh.â€

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

“My dad. He does so much, and always makes time for mom and the rest of us, even when he’s totally about to crash out.â€

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

“Disillusioned? Nope.â€

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

“At first, I kinda felt like I wasn’t really doing anything back in Ontario. But after a few months, I felt like I made a difference and junk, even if it was really small. So, yeah, I’ve kinda grown to like it; the thrills, the spills, the excitement… I might not have done everything as well as I could have, but when the chips were down, I think I was doing the right thing. Does that make sense?â€

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

“I… don’t know.â€

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

“Not sure. I mean, I just got to Freedom City, so it’s all kinda, I dunno, disorienting. I guess I need to get my license and a job… or something…â€

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

“I definitely wanna work on, y’know, getting my powers under better control, and I don’t know how long that’s gonna take. I’ve got a long way to go and junk, but, I mean, I think it’s something worth working towards, especially in a city that’s totally packed with other people like me. Beyond that, I don’t know.â€

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

“Not fitting in. I mean, I… I don’t want to be some kind of, y’know, pariah or whatever you call them.â€

Is there anything you would give you life for?

“Yeah. My family and stuff… probably my friends, too. At least, I think I would if I had to...â€

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

“Money is meh. I mean, I’m not rich or anything, but it’s just money: nice to have a little, but I don’t wanna hoard it like some kinda, y’know, old crotchety guy or whatever. It’d be hard to keep getting new CD’s if I didn’t have at least a little. As far as I care, money isn’t a mark of success or whatever. Some people just get lucky, or spend their whole lives and junk working towards it. Might as well just take what you get and, like, split it with your friends. Have fun!â€

How do you generally treat others?

“Like I’d want to be treated, I guess. I mean, I try to be friendly, so it’d be cool if they’d treat me like I’m not some total loser or geek or whatever. I definitely don’t want to, y’know, be treated like I’m ‘different’ from anyone else, if you know what I mean.â€

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

“I don’t think my trusts ever been, like, abused or something, though I think I’ve probably crossed that line myself with my parents a couple of times. I like to give people the benefit of, y'know, a doubt, so I guess that makes me trusting.â€

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

“Totally extroverted. I can’t stand being cooped up inside. Do I have confidence? Heck yeah! I mean, I think so. Yeah, no, I know I do… kinda…â€

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

“Oh, I’m totally smooth with the hot girls. Uh… yeah. Totally. N-no, really!â€

What are your most annoying habits?

“When I don’t know what to say and junk, I tend to kinda add things like “kinda†and “junk†and “stuff†and “y’knowâ€, y’know? … Kinda like that."

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

“Hmm. I don’t think so. I mean, I’m not real big on, like, people who commits crimes and stuff, but I think that’s more of a given and stuff from the community in-general, so that doesn’t count.â€

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

“My parents are vegans and stuff, so that kinda makes me a vegan too. I guess if I had to pick one, it’d be steamed cauliflower or something…â€

“… okay, I like hamburgers. Not, like, home-cooked hamburgers either; the fast-food kind, with lots and lots of grease. And pizza! Don’t tell my parents, ‘kay?â€

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

“Kool-Aid. Cheap and easy to make.â€

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

“My mom makes some awesome ambrosia... but I really like gelato! Gelato is great.â€

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

“Meh. Not that picky. Just can’t eat eggplant, or, y’know, the whole rash thing.â€

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

“Not really any I dislike or anything, but if I have to pick a favorite, it’d be red I guess. Yeah. I’m totally interesting.â€

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

“I seriously hate country. It’s just so depressing listening to old guys sing about their lost glory or that they’re getting old or whatever. Favorite’s definitely indie: support the up-and-comers, guy!â€

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

“… what? This is stupid. Next.â€

Do you have a favorite animal?

“Yep. I like otters.â€

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

“ Probably my collection of pictures stuffed under my bed. They’re, y’know, there in-case I want to look back at yesterday or whatever…â€

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

“Hey, I like the outdoors, but I’m not gonna, like, camp out or whatever if I don’t have to. Give me a couch, a stereo and TV any day.â€

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

“Fish Cleaner… blech! All the guts and stuff, every day. Just… ugh, no. I hate cleaning fish.â€

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life? How important is it to you?

“Not really. I mean, if other people are, that’s cool, but I don’t know what to believe… if that makes any sense.â€

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

“Meh. Not really.â€

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?

“I don’t belong to any kind of church or whatever, so I guess we can skip this one.â€

Could you kill? Have you killed?

“Could I… kill someone? Maybe if there was no other choice. Like, if it’s me or them… I really don’t wanna think about it.â€

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

“If push comes to shove, I wanna live. That’s it. It might not be the best solution, but if it’s all I’ve got… if there’s nothing else I can do… y’know…â€

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

“Can we please change the subject, guy?â€

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

“I don’t know. I’ve never seen anyone… uh… die…â€

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

“I’d find out who took it and get it back! I’m not gonna give my stuff up without a fight!â€

How would you react to public humiliation?

“Dunno. Try and shirk it off or something, I guess.â€

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

“I don’t know. I’d do something, but I don’t what… what’s with all the morbid questions anyway?!â€

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

“Torture. Constantly hurting someone is just… it’s just… man…â€

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

“I guess the first thing I’d do is tell my parents about my powers and stuff. After that, I guess I’d spend some time with them, and then maybe go see a movie or something if there’s anything good going at the theatre or whatever. After that, it’s back home to Bancroft to see my friends. We’ll probably do something together up there, so I guess that’d be my fifth thing… whatever that is.â€

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

“Training? I guess. I’ve had some practice, y’know, with my powers and stuff. I’m starting to get the hang of em’, I think!â€

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

“I kinda had to figure them out on my own.â€

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

“Not really.â€

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

“Nope. Never had a job. Probably need to get one, I guess.â€

What is your preferred combat style?

“Uh… the kind that keeps me from getting my face bashed in and puts them down first.“

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

“Nope!â€

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

“I kinda suck at the the drums. I mean, I’m okay and whatever, but I can only play a couple of songs.â€

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

“I try to learn, I guess.â€

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

“Normal? Guy, I knock stuff around from far away, stop things from moving, and make myself move really, really fast. I think normalcy kinda, like, disappeared when I was fourteen.â€

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

“I like to play the drums a little. It was one of my friends back home who suggested we start a band, and my dad just happened to have an old set in the attic, so there’s that. I also like watching movies and collecting CD’s; the musical kind, I mean.â€

What do you do for fun?

“Oh, y’know. Stuff. Watch movies, play videogames, see concerts, used to hang out with friends and junk… normal things.â€

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

“Not really. Tried to make one once and it… uh… it didn’t end well. Right now I’ve just got this half-assed outfit going, but it gets the job done, I guess.â€

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

“Like everyone else my age. Casual stuff like t-shirts, jeans and khakis and stuff.â€

What do you wear to bed most nights?

“That’s kinda personal. I’m totally not gonna tell you.â€

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

“Not really. Jewelry’s really not my thing.â€

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

“Yeah. There’s this old shoebox I’ve got that’s full of all kinds of stuff me and my friends did back home.â€

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

“The bus. Kinda, y’know, don’t have my license yet. If I gotta go somewhere far off, I guess I’ll take a plane or whatever. If you mean when I’m in-costume and junk, I can just run or jump or something; trust me, I can get around.â€

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

“Dude, I’m sixteen. I’m not gonna write up a will anytime soon.â€

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

“Uh… probably not.â€

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

“Being not-dead, preferably.â€

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

“I guess a little, yeah. I’ve mostly got a hold of my powers, but it’s kinda hard for me to… uh… y’know, hold back now and then.â€

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

“My powers, I guess.â€

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

“I... I'm kind of reckless. Act first, ask questions later and stuff.â€

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

You’re young and have plenty of time to grow-up: Live fast, but take things slow and enjoy it while you can. In the end, things will work themselves out one way or the other, so don’t try too hard to fix things if they don’t go the way you wanted them to.

Momentum

As Momentum:

Gather Information

DC10: "That 'hero in the tacky red hoodie? Yeah, I don't think he's been in Freedom City very long; a couple of weeks tops. I hear his name's Momentum or something stupid like that."

DC15: "Word on the street is that Momentum kid is making a name for himself by taking down petty crooks in the Downtown area, using some kind of telekinetic powers to stop bullets and throw bad guys around."

DC20: "This guy always seems to show up whenever there's a local news report; usually just before it breaks on TV."

DC25: "So, I've got this friend who knows a friend who knows a guy, and he says he's got a theory on how this new superhero finds out about what's going on before it hits the air. His theory is that Momentum's using some sort of news feed program like Twitter or something to get a whiff of trouble since word hits the 'net faster than the big screen."

DC30: "Check this out: my uncle researches superhuman phenomenon here in Freedom City, and he says that the stuff Momentum can do doesn't actually resemble overt telekinesis. He says it looks more like the kid can manipulate kinetic energy to blast gang-bangers and deflect bullets by redirecting their own kinetic energy."

Knowledge (Physics)

DC10: "Contrary to previous theories, the superhero known as 'Momentum' does not actually possess any form of psionic- or gravity-based abilities based on footage captured by amateur cinematographers and compared to records on such matters noted elsewhere. It is more probable to assume that the individual in question instead manipulates kinetic energy on such a large scale that he simply emits and draws in this energy on a whim, thus resulting in meta-human abilities."

DC15: "Upon further investigation, the former hypothesis is correct. By manipulating kinetic energy, the subject known as 'Momentum' can increase his own movement via bursts of the aforementioned energy, heightening both his land-based speed and leaping ability by extravagant amounts, whilst also remaining capable of expelling concussive blasts of pure force in the form of an offensive ranged ability."

DC20: "Additional research concludes that most of the abilities showcased by the subject cannot be sustained indefinitely. This is likely due to the limited amount of kinetic energy produced by the individual, which we theorize as the cause of the amount of energy present in his own physiological state as represented by potential energy in a rigid body. Therefore, while 'Momentum' holds the ability to produce bursts of kinetic energy ad infinitum, he can only do so much at one time."

As Ashley Noah Childers:

Gather Information

DC5: "That guy? I think he's in my math class. Overheard from a friend of mine that he just moved here from someplace up north."

DC10: "That's Noah over there. He's new here at FDR High. From what I heard, he just moved to Freedom City with his family from Canada, and he's living somewhere in the Midtown district."

DC15: "Did you know Noah's dad works at ASTRO Labs? I bet that's why his family moved to the United States from Ontario."

DC20: "This is hilarious. You know that guy, Noah Childers? You know, the sophomore who plays drums in fourth period General Music? Noah's not his first name. It's Ashley, man. Dude's got a girl's first name! With a name like, it's no wonder the guy's single."

DC25: "Have you noticed that Noah's been late to about half his classes since he started here? Sometimes he doesn't even show up at all, or he gets up in the middle of class and doesn't come back. I bet he's sneaking out to smoke behind the vocational building or something."

DC30: "So yeah, I got partnered up with Childers in Geography for a couple of days. I noticed he had some big bruises on one of his arms; I mean, these things were swollen. No one's actually seen the new guy get into a fight yet, but I'm telling you, that's gotta be how he keeps getting them. It's like he gets a new one every day or something!"

DC35: "You know, now that I think about it, that Canadian guy, Noah, always leaves his class after checking his phone. There's got to be some kind of connection there. Maybe he's got a job, but if you ask me I think he's doing something illegal. Maybe he's really a Zoom junkie!"

Tropes Galore

Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Par for the course in the life of a teenager.

Burning Building Rescue: Played straight for the first time in Under a Crimson Glow.

Canada Eh: Noah's Canadian, eh.

Civvie Spandex: Momentum's current costume, on account of the fact that he was unable to suitably make his own. Could also be taken as Not Wearing Tights.

Clark Kenting: When your disguise consists of steampunk goggles from a Halloween costume and the hood of a hoodie pulled over your head, you'd think recognition by passers-by would be a certainty or something!

Code Name: Played straight.

Gender Blender Name: Played straight, courtesy of a random name generator. Noah's first name is actually Ashley.

Girlfriend in Canada: At one point, Noah had a girlfriend in Canada. No, really!

I Just Want to be Normal: Mostly averted. Noah still wants some semblance of a normal existence, but is (slowly) adopting a more heroic outlook.

Kid Hero: Noah began the whole superhero gig at fifteen.

Mass Super Empowering Event: Terminus Baby. 'Nuff said.

New Transfer Student: Played straight.

Puberty Superpower: Played straight. Noah discovered his latent mutant powers at the tender age of fourteen.

Secret Identity: Played straight. Momentum is Noah's moniker for just this reason.

Superhero School: Averted. Momentum might very well be the only PC Teen Superhero not attending Claremont Academy.

Teens Are Short: Played straight, and pretty self-explanatory.

Totally Radical: Noah totally has a habit of talking like this and junk when he can't come up with anything to say. And stuff. This could also be taken as a form of Verbal Tic.

Wake Up Go To School Save The World: Pretty much Momentum's current shtick.

Dramatis Personae - or - Who Momentum has Met

Player Characters

Cannonade (Secret Identity Unknown) - First Encountered in Mysteries Infinite: Under a Crimson Glow

Creature Feature (Secret Identity Unknown) - First Encountered in Dances With Wolfman

Dyne (Secret Identity Unknown) - First Encountered in Mysteries Infinite: Under a Crimson Glow

Gabriel (Secret Identity Unknown) - First Encountered in Whistling in the Dark

Silhouette (Secret Identity Known) - First Encountered in Dances With Wolfman

Supercape (Secret Identity Unknown) - First Encountered in Mysteries Infinite: Under a Crimson Glow

Victory (Secret Identity Unknown) - First Encountered in Speed Freaks

Wander (Secret Identity Unknown) - First Encountered in Whistling in the Dark

Wesley Knight (Secret Identity Unknown) - First Encountered in Zerg Rush

Non-Player Characters

• Doctor Daniel Childers (Father, Age 41, ASTRO Labs Employee)

Sarah Childers (Mother, Age 39, Stay-At-Home Mother)

Katelyn Childers (Older Sister, Age 18, Freedom City University Student)

Peter Childers (Younger Brother, Age 3 Months, Stay-At-Home Kid)