Night People [IC]

Lone Star

Mad Dog was patrolling the streets of the West End. It had been a long, boring morning at his veterinary office, and he needed some fun. Or at the very least, some exercise. He dashed from the rooftop, and heaved his strong legs as he hopped to the next one. It was surprisingly easy, all things considered. He seriously needed to get in a fight. Or stop a robbery, maybe save a cute girl from being mugged. Anything would be ideal. He sighed as he hopped another roof.

Angel was doing her nightly patrol. This was part of her penance. She was doing good for good, not just to beat up some criminals. Though she would if they needed it. No, the days of bad Angel were over. She wasn't really evil back then, just bad. She was doing it for reasons other than justice back then. Now she was doing it for the right reasons. The thrill was still there, but she had to take some responsibility.

Right now she was in Moira's neighborhood. How she missed the woman. Though she lost her chance with her after the incident. She hadn't answered her calls or texts. Even though she was on the right path. This was the woman who dated Captain Knievel. If she didn't want to be with her, then something must be wrong. Suddenly, Angel saw a curious sight out of the corner of her eye. A man in a spiky leather jacket and a rottweiler mask jumping from roof to roof! This was suspicious indeed. She went invisible and followed the dangerous looking man.

Mad Dog sighed as he continued to jump. It was a welcome escape from his job. The only real clients he had today were two dogs who needed basic check-ups, and a parrot that needed its wings clipped. After leaving work in the early afternoon, he went back home. He took out his costume, and laid it out on his bed. He contemplated to himself why he did it. Why he went out a few nights a week (growing to be more frequent) and fought against criminals. He then remembered why he did it. He needed to protect his offices from potential Mafia threats, and defend the people from the common street criminals. It was more than something he did to blow off steam- it had become a part of his life. Mad Dog suddenly hopped down, swinging down to the ground via a drain pipe. He was getting a serious case of the late night hungries, and stopped at a fast food joint to get a burger.

Spiky Jacket. Rottweiler mask. Just went into a burger joint. Angel's hamster in her brain was on the wheel tonight! She quickly followed the huge man. Of all the things that guy could do with a physique like that and he chose to rob poor defenseless burger joints. Angel hated bullies, and it seemed that was what she had on her hands.she parked the aeroboard in an alley and snuck in right behind the big scary man. She wondered if she should wait until he did something wrong or stop him right now. Nothing incriminating at the moment, but she was ready to pounce if he did one slightly wrong move.

Mad Dog didn't exactly think people wouldn't be terrified of a man dressed as a scary biker dog man. He entered the restaurant, and did what every other average person would. He went to the cashier and ordered a double cheeseburger and medium Coke. In the back of his mind, the cogs started to turn. People might possibly not appreciate him, if he's dressed to scare people. He looked around the restaurant, and calmly said "Don't worry. I'm a superhero. No need to panic."

Angel tensed up as the man in the mask spoke up. And then... AND THEN... hr said he was a superhero? She loosened up but still had her guard up. She quickly rushed to an area of the restaurant where no one was and reappeared. Walking around to where the supposed superhero was. She smiled and nodded, waiting in line she was still watching him. That was one untrustworthy looking dude. She was going to have to get to know him better before she could believe he was a superhero.

Well, this was one for the book. Angel could go on record as saying a guy in a creepy mask hit on her in a burger joint at midnight. That was some kind of achievement. Still, she had to keep her eye on him. She smiled at him and mused aloud, "Oh, you never know what you'll run into in this city." She spoke up, "Oh no, well maybe." She pulled her hair out of her face and put her hand on her hips, "I've never actually talked to a superhero before. Are you really a superhero? You look like one of those dangerous vigilante types." She smirked coyly, "Do you mind if I sit with you?"

"I wouldn't mind that one bit. Hope my appearance isn't too frightening. I really just wear this so I can strike fear into the hearts of criminals. I'm actually not a criminal, despite appearances. But uh...yeah. What do you do for a living?" Mad Dog sat down at a table with her. He was surprised anyone actually wanted to talk to him.

"Well, your mask did sort of surprise me," Angel laughed, "Don't worry, I don't scare that easy." She ordered the sack full of burgers deal before she and the man with the creepy mask walked over to the table. It would take a while for her order because she ordered them freshly made. When they sat down, she sat across her side of the booth. When he asked what she did for a living she shook her head and laughed, "That's an interesting first question. Most people start with names. I'm Angela, by the way. I'm an odd jobs person. 'go here, do that'. That sorta thing. I guess I already know your job. And with a mask on I can't ask you your real name. So what do they call you, hero?"

"Mad Dog, for obvious reasons." he said with a chuckle. "I'm glad you actually wanted to talk to me, most people just run off. Which makes sense, actually." Mad Dog bit into his cheeseburger hungrily. "Angela, huh? Pretty name. What brings you out for late night cheeseburgers? I just got hungry. I've been doing some serious cardio, leaping over buildings. Burns a lot of calories." He took another huge bite, and slurped his Pepsi.

Angel smiled, "Pleased to meet you, Mad Dog." She grinned when he kept pressing on about how scary he should look, "You know what they say about strange people." She winked, "They have the best candy." She shrugged when he asked her about the food, "I got a case of the midnight munchies." She looked over to the counter. She really wan't hungry, but she had to keep up the appearance of a normal person. Well, normal as a person could be in a burger joint at midnight. She looked back to the masked man-dog, "So, Mad Dog, you got any cool stories?" Stories were always a good measure of character. She wanted to see what his said about him.

"Oh, of course I do. So my first night out, I find these guys trying to smuggle drugs in using these dogs as mules. I'm about to rush in there, and Avenger shows up! He totally helps me thrash 'em, and this huge alien astronaut guy shows up, and we beat him up. He's extremely badass. Ever heard of him?" Mad Dog said as he finished off his cheeseburger. "And what about you? Anything interesting happen to you?"

Angel shrugged when he asked if she had heard of him. The name didn't ring a bell. Then again, in a city of heroes, there was bound to be a hundred Avengers out there prowling the night. She rubbed her hands together as the bag of burgers was brought to her. The smell was intoxicating. They were fresh and hot, just how she liked them. She pulled one out and smelled it through the paper. Awesome, it was. Unwrapping, she kicked back in the seat and began to eat the delicious treat. When Mad Dog asked about her exploits she shrugged again, "Nothing too big. Though I did meet some interesting people in my time. It's amazing the people you'll meet on an errand. One cowboy hero. One spider hero." She mumbled discontentedly under her breath as she took bites out of one of the burgers and chewed, "One hero that was so out of my league that I had go and mess things up," she sighed at the memories and swallowed. She spoke up with a smile, "But they all got what they needed."

Mad Dog blinked. "They all got what they needed? What exactly do you mean by that?" Mad Dog asked as he looked at her bag of burgers. He had never seen someone pack away so much food in all his life. He thought she was a strange sort of person, but he liked her okay. He took another slurp from his soda. Such interesting people he met on night patrols.