The Takeover

Warmonger

Dorian stood behind his desk staring out of the massive office window. From here he commanded quite a spectacular view of Freedom City, even though his eyes were watching the parking lot below his building. He watched one car in particular, the one belonging to that busy body reporter Julie Streeter. What a twit. Dorian’s eyes were drawn back to the skyline, then drawn up to the buildings that towered over his. He idly wondered whose building it was, then dismissed the frivolous thought. It didn’t matter. He would own it soon enough, along with the rest of this city.

He had donned the Vulcan Armor almost as soon as he was sure that woman was out of the building. This would be easy at first. Despite his bravado, Magnus didn’t have enough market shares to be a threat to any of the major players in this town. Once that began to change though, that’s when things would become difficult; that is when the fight would start.

He turned back to his desk and the men who stood in front of it. He had called up five of his men. When he needed things done that couldn’t be entrusted to just anyone, he had a small collection of ‘agents’ to carry out his work. They were highly trained professionals, who would be his eyes and ears, but more important none of them could be directly linked to him if anything went wrong.

“Gentlemen. You all have your assignments; Downtown, North, South, and West freedom. There always seems to be things going on in this town and I want to know about it. Also be on the lookout for individuals who might be of use to me. If you see anything strange call the office.†He turned to the fifth man. “I want you to go to Luscious Cabot’s offices. Let him know I intend to purchase his services.†He waved his hand and the five men disappeared from the room.

Magnus took a seat in front of his computer screen and turned his phone on speaker. He had quite a few calls to make. He stared at his reflection as the computer powered up. No one would thank him for what he was going to do, he accepted that. This city had grown soft and complacent. Instead of standing on their own two legs, they leaned on the powers of supers. They had handed them the keys to their city because they were lazy and weak. If men were going to continue to evolve they had to take those keys back. Whether they wanted to or not.

Dorian stood behind his desk staring out of the massive office window. From here he commanded quite a spectacular view of Freedom City, even though his eyes were watching the parking lot below his building. He watched one car in particular, the one belonging to that busy body reporter Julie Streeter. What a twit. Dorian’s eyes were drawn back to the skyline, then drawn up to the buildings that towered over his. He idly wondered whose building it was, then dismissed the frivolous thought. It didn’t matter. He would own it soon enough, along with the rest of this city.

He had donned the Vulcan Armor almost as soon as he was sure that woman was out of the building. This would be easy at first. Despite his bravado, Magnus didn’t have enough market shares to be a threat to any of the major players in this town. Once that began to change though, that’s when things would become difficult; that is when the fight would start.

He turned back to his desk and the men who stood in front of it. He had called up five of his men. When he needed things done that couldn’t be entrusted to just anyone, he had a small collection of ‘agents’ to carry out his work. They were highly trained professionals, who would be his eyes and ears, but more important none of them could be directly linked to him if anything went wrong.

“Gentlemen. You all have your assignments; Downtown, North, South, and West freedom. There always seems to be things going on in this town and I want to know about it. Also be on the lookout for individuals who might be of use to me. If you see anything strange call the office.†He turned to the fifth man. “I want you to go to Luscious Cabot’s offices. Let him know I intend to purchase his services.†He waved his hand and the five men disappeared from the room.

Magnus took a seat in front of his computer screen and turned his phone on speaker. He had quite a few calls to make. He stared at his reflection as the computer powered up. No one would thank him for what he was going to do, he accepted that. This city had grown soft and complacent. Instead of standing on their own two legs, they leaned on the powers of supers. They had handed them the keys to their city because they were lazy and weak. If men were going to continue to evolve they had to take those keys back. Whether they wanted to or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Sammy picked up the phone and looked again at the number printed neatly on it. It was given to him by Dorian Magnus' man. It had been a few days since that encounter and now, Sammy was ready to try his luck again. He quickly dialed the number and waited for an answer on the other end.....

Sammy picked up the phone and looked again at the number printed neatly on it. It was given to him by Dorian Magnus' man. It had been a few days since that encounter and now, Sammy was ready to try his luck again. He quickly dialed the number and waited for an answer on the other end.....

Sammy was slightly surprised by the strange voice but he was used to dealing with that type of thing in his line of business. "Name's The Ghost. I was told to call this number if I wanted to make some big bucks."

Sammy smiled as he gave his nickname. He had gained it in the streets of Chicago after gaining his present abilities. He liked the sound of it and it did sum up his abilites nicely.

Sammy was slightly surprised by the strange voice but he was used to dealing with that type of thing in his line of business. "Name's The Ghost. I was told to call this number if I wanted to make some big bucks."

Sammy smiled as he gave his nickname. He had gained it in the streets of Chicago after gaining his present abilities. He liked the sound of it and it did sum up his abilites nicely.

"Yes the Ghost," Dorian said. "I was informed of your talents." Dorian watched his computer monitor flicker through different images. One of them gave him an idea. "In three days time I will call you back at 1900 hours. Be available." With that Dorian clicked the receiver as he continued with the rest of his business.

"Yes the Ghost," Dorian said. "I was informed of your talents." Dorian watched his computer monitor flicker through different images. One of them gave him an idea. "In three days time I will call you back at 1900 hours. Be available." With that Dorian clicked the receiver as he continued with the rest of his business.

• 4 weeks later...

A young female, roughly in her 20's, was walking by. She was beautiful in appearance. She had a figure many would die for, her 4 inch stiletto heels clipping off the pavement as she had a handbag slung over her shoulder.

"Thats right my darling, keep walking like nothing is wrong with the world" a voice whispered in her head. Ashley clutched her head as she resisted the temptation to fall to her knees in agony.

She wore a short sleeved shirt, with a bit of her belly button showing. She also wore a short miniskirt made of leather. Her nails were painted red, and extended to inhumane proportions.

"Please, be there no villains, not today" she begged to her mind as she walked into a popular street.

A young female, roughly in her 20's, was walking by. She was beautiful in appearance. She had a figure many would die for, her 4 inch stiletto heels clipping off the pavement as she had a handbag slung over her shoulder.

"Thats right my darling, keep walking like nothing is wrong with the world" a voice whispered in her head. Ashley clutched her head as she resisted the temptation to fall to her knees in agony.

She wore a short sleeved shirt, with a bit of her belly button showing. She also wore a short miniskirt made of leather. Her nails were painted red, and extended to inhumane proportions.

"Please, be there no villains, not today" she begged to her mind as she walked into a popular street.