Pic-i-nic Basket (IC)

Raveled

"No problem. If you need somewhere to park that thing...Just over there." Warren said, pointing to a few empty parking spaces that were not marked for faculty. Dammit man! Just how do you do it? I mean, she's probally seen him go elder god on someone...Ugh, I just cannot figure it out sometimes. Warren shook his head as he hovered nearby. "If you need me, I'll be back in the room. Still need to take care of the outfit...Stupid Ice Trolls. Cya." And with another cord, Warren had sped off towards the dorms.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jessica parked the vehicle, operating almost on auto-pilot as she mulled over Rift's comment. She stood and stretched, her muscles complaining after sitting for so long. She strolled over to the other side of the truck and smiled at Blake. "Like heck! You're gonna show me all the dirty secrets! I want to see all the steam tunnels and everything." Jessica actually didn't know what sort of stories kids told about their high schools, since she hadn't spent much time in one. She had watched movies, though, and had some idea. She grew serious for a moment. "That is, as long as I'm allowed to be here. You're not going to get in trouble having me here, are you?"

Jessica shivered pleasantly as Blake left a kiss on her neck, snatching at his hand. She interlaced her fingers with his and they headed off towards the buildings. "I can't believe it," she said. "I'm a law-abiding girl for all these years, and then in one day with you I get pushed along by a cop and now I'm trespassing." She laughed, giving Blake a peck on the cheek. "This is exciting."

Jessica strolled across the grassy lawn, happy enough just to walk beside Blake for awhile. Still, her grandpa would expect her back sooner or later, so they should get going. "What's the gardens like," she asked. "Is it some part of the botany department?"

Jessica squatted down to be closer to the flowers. She put her nose right in a rosebud and inhaled deeply. Her head was filled with the perfumed scent and she was suddenly light-headed; when she stood, the gardens spun around her for a moment. She leaned on Blake and giggled drunkenly until everything settled, "Oh, wow. Headrush." She turned to Blake and her could see that the tip of her nose had been painted yellow by the flower's pollen. "Is my face all flushed? It feels really warm."

Blake held her up, and laughed. "Are you okay? You look enchanted. Enthralled by the scent of beautiful flowers, I might say! Oh, you got a little...uhhh..." He wiped the flower pollen off of her nose, and stroked her cheek. "You should go outside more often, babe. Despite what you might think, the sun is not a bad thing!" Blake said with a giggle. He put his arms around her waist, and kissed her neck. "Want to check out a seeecret area of the school?"

Jessica leaned into Blake, wrinkling her nose in an attempt to see the end of her own snout. Part of her was focused on simply enjoying the contact, but another part of her was considering what Blake had said. "I don't really go outside," she said. "I like technology. It's what made humans into humans, into the apex species on this planet, you know? Other animals can run fast, but we can make cars; they had big claws, we have guns; they have camouflage and thick pelts, we have infrared cameras and Kevlar."

She returned the kiss, planting one in the middle of her boyfriend's forehead. "I want to see the secret place if you're gonna be there," she replied, smiling impishly at him.

Blake put his arm around her waist and walked her over to the administrative building. "This is a very secret place. You can't tell anyone I shower you this, okay?" Blake said as he dug in the bushes. He dug up a little ground, and found a metal hatch. He opened it, and there was a manhole-sized entrance leading downwards. "Come on in, sweetie." he said as he climbed down.

Jessica stepped forward cautiously, eying the metal plate in the ground. She called after him, but he was already slipping inside. She followed him, dropping softly to a metal-lined passageway lit by recessed halogen lights. She stepped close to Blake, touching him on the shoulder and looking both was, worry in her eyes. Jessica leaned in close, her breath hot on his ear. "Blake! Are you sure we should be here?" Getting caught by someone in authority at Claremont Academy promised to be much more dangerous than getting caught making out by the cops in a park.

Blake hesitated for a moment. "You know what, you have a good point. We could probably get in a lot of trouble. This is why I let you do the thinking." Blake quickly climbed out of the manhole, and covered his tracks. "Let's check out the athletic fields next..." Blake said, walking her away quickly. He had no idea what he was thinking! He could have gotten written up, or even expelled for a stunt like that.

Jessica started breathing more easily once they were above ground again and chucked Blake on the shoulder. "You should pay more attention," she admonished him. "School's important, and if you get thrown out of here what will you do? I don't want to lecture you, but you don't need to do something like that to impress me." She grabbed his arm and pulled him close as they passed between two Gothic buildings. "I like you anyway."

Blake was surprised at her aggressive move. "You know I like you too. You're beautiful." he said as he wrapped one arm around her. He gently pushed her to one wall of the building, and looked around, making sure they were alone. He pressed his body close to hers and kissed her hard. He smiled beneath the kiss.

Jessica was surprised at Blake's boldness, but as his mouth covered her, she pressed her body against his, quickly responding and moving her lips and tongue. She didn't have much experience in kissing and she had never studied technique, but she was enthusiastic. After a long, pleasurable time, she broke off the kiss and pushed Blake away slightly. "We shouldn't do this here," she said, breathless. "We could get caught. We could get in trouble." She kissed him again, deeply. "Show me what your dorm room looks like."

Blake winked at her. "Hmm. It's a fairly small room, so we might have to tell Rift to go practice outside for a little while..." Blake said. He squeezed her hand gently as he walked her to his dorm. He took out his wallet and swiped his student ID card and entered the main lobby. "It's just up the stairs. We have to hurry though...this isn't a co-ed dorm." He quickly sneaked her up the stairs, and they reached his room. He quickly unlocked the door, and the two were inside. KC's half of the room was fairly average looking, with various magical books stacked on the shelves.

He saw Rift on the bed opposite his, practicing. "Hey there dude! I wanted to show Jessica my room. Could we get a little time to ourselves? I'll text you in a little bit."

Rifts side of the room looked more like what would happen if a regular dorm, a garage for practice and a science lab were smashed together in a hurricane. Didn't help his coat was left to drip dry for the time being. "Damn man. Should have given me a bit more warning next time." He said as he slipped the pick into his pocket. "Don't be in here too long man. Summers practically has ears in the walls....Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if that was an actual superpower of his." Shrugging, he floated up into the air and opened the window. "Cya in a few." and with that the Genius Guitarist was gone in a flash.

Blake made a mental note to thanks Rift thoroughly later on. "Nice guy, what'd I tell ya. But yeah, if you wanted to, we could hang out here for a little bit. He does have a point though, we might have to make it quick." Blake leaned back and plopped on the bed. "Come sit with me! This is really the only place to sit."

Jessica blushed at Rift's comment and hung her head as he edged past them. Once she and Blake were alone in the room though, she started thinking that this might be a bad idea. Instead of joining her boyfriend on the bed, she wandered over to his bookshelves, studying the books. "So, um, you're really into this sort of magical stuff? Is it for your art?"

Jessica glanced at Blake, her brow furrowed. "You... you don't know where your powers come from?" She didn't know much about magic and the arcane herself, but she assumed that Blake had known enough about it to summon his powers, that they were his own choice and not simply granted by an outside force. To have something like that and not even know where they came from or how they worked was a scary idea. Jessica at least knew exactly how her suit worked.

"Well, I know that what gave me my powers is not from this world. It is also not known for being very friendly. That's why I'm trying to rid myself of it. Hopefully I'll keep my powers in the process. This...thing, whatever it is, needs to leave me. It scares me sometimes, Jessica. Hopefully I'll make an appointment with Eldritch and he can do something about it." Blake said, as he stood next to her. He put his head on her shoulder.

Jessica put an arm around Blake and held him there, thinking about what he'd told her. His powers were from an other-worldly source, maybe a malevolent one, and he was trying as hard as he could to get rid of them. It was almost the opposite of her situation -- she knew how her suit worked backwards and forwards, and had put a lot of effort into making it work. She couldn't imagine trying to get rid of one's powers, but she had to admit that Blake's situation was scary.

"Hey!" Jessica jumped at the voice behind them, interrupting her thoughts. She turned and saw just a head, hanging in front of the door, trailing wisps of smoke or mist back to the doorjamb. The head was glaring at Blake. "Salazar, right? This isn't a co-ed dorm, dude, girls aren't supposed to be in here." The head turned back towards Jessica and scrutinized her carefully. "I haven't seen you around campus before. What's your name?"