Pic-i-nic Basket (IC)

Raveled

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jessica made a pleased sound under her breath, slightly muffled by the position of her head and hands. It felt nice to have Blake just back there, touching her and massaging her neck. It actually was rather relaxing, and she felt a feeling of peace and ease spread through her back and shoulders. "You're very good with your hands," she said. "Has anyone ever told you that?" Half a second after the words were out of her mouth, she realized what she'd just said and blushed brightly, from her ears to her hairline. "Oh God. I mean, um, it just feels really good to have our hands on me... Oh God. I, um, don't mean it like that. Not that I don't like it when you, um. Oh, God." Jessica bit her tongue, hoping that maybe her words had simply been unintelligible.

Blake nervously laughed. "You like it? Well, that's good. Umm- would you like me to keep going? I could give you a massage if you'd be comfortable with that. I mean, if you're not, that's cool and I'm sorry. Like, I don't know if that's too far for the second date or what...I mean. Well. Uhh..." Blake faltered nervously.

Jessica stayed with her head buried in the ground for a moment more, then she started shaking. It started at her shoulders, then spread down her sides and to her arms and legs. When she managed to raise herself up on her elbows, she was gasping for breath and smiling widely. She turned her body to look at Blake and laughed aloud. When she had control of herself, she pulled Blake close to her and kissed him on the lips, touching their tongues briefly. "Maybe later," she said, grinning. "Let's just get some lunch right now, 'kay?"

Jessica sat all the way up, drawing her legs under her and resettled the basket near her. She opened it and brought out the various sandwich fixings: sliced bread, a variety of cold cuts and cheeses, a small cutting board and inlaid knife, and some lettuce and tomatoes. There were also a couple cans of soda, and a bag of kettle-baked potato chips. Jessica winked at Blake and started building a tall sandwich. "Did I bring enough?"

Blake popped the tab on a can of soda and started building his sandwich. "Oh yeah. You know the way to a man's heart is through his stomach." Blake took a sip of his soda and a big chomp out of his sandwich. "So this is really nice. I mean...our own little area. Nice view, too. We could probably get away with a lot up here." Blake said with a sly wink.

Jessica took a bite out of her sandwich, staring out across the park as she considered her reply. She finally swallowed and spoke, staring mostly at her lap. "Blake... I know that I was, uh, kinda forward on our first date. And I know we could, technically, legally... Uh, you know. But I really do want to wait." She took a deep breath and risked glancing and Blake, trying to judge his mood. "It's just... well, I think it's important, you know?" She blushed brightly and added, "But if you want to do something that's, well, kinda of just short of, um, 'it'..."

"Oh, I wasn't implying we do 'it' in a public park...what with it being noon...police could get involved...the children around..." Blake faltered, trying to tell her that he wasn't asking her to do it. "But yeah, I just meant things that were just short of...it. What would you be comfortable with, Jessica?" He gained some confidence, and put an arm around her waist. He looked deep into her eyes. His heart was pounding faster than a Neil Peart drum solo.

Jessica blushed brighter, but she didn't make a move to get away. "I, I don't know what I would be comfortable with," she admitted. "I mean, I've never done anything before, Blake. And I want to wait until we really do it. I mean, I want it to be perfect you know?" She looked up and scooted closer to him, until their upper bodies were pressed together. "But... I'd like to try some stuff with you. Just, not quite yet. Alright?"

"I understand completely. Besides...it would be pretty weird in a public park and all. But I'm willing to wait as long as you want. You know, to be honest with you Jessica, I've never really done anything either. It'll be wonderful when we do...you know. But in the meantime, uh." Blake cleared his throat. He gained willpower inside himself. "Oh damn...just come here, you." Blake moved closer to her, and pressed his lips against hers. He placed his hands at her waist what he hoped was a chaste manner.

Jessica's breath caught in her throat as Blake pulled her closer, his lips on hers and her mouth opening to his. Her hand snaked behind his head and tilted it back. The pair of teenagers fell to the blanket and Jessica giggled a bit, still managing keeping her lips and arms around Blake. She was content to simply lay there a bit, her skin feeling charged and hot, her head filled with some vague scent off her boyfriend -- aftershave, maybe? Whatever it was, it combined with the whole experience to blot out any other concern. She just enjoyed the simple pleasure of the moment.

Jessica's hand stayed behind Blake's head as he pressed in close to her. She lay there with him, arms around each other, breathing in his scent and the smell of grass. She made a satisfied, happy sound. "I like it," she said softly. "I feel... peaceful when you're around, Blake. I like just being here, with you." She inhaled deeply and let it out all in one breath, ruffling her boyfriend's hair. "Of course, you did say you brought a Frisbee."

Blake made a grumbling noise. "Mmrm. True. I could stay forever in your arms. It's so nice being with you too. But we ought to burn off that meal. Plenty of time for fun later." He sighed, and sat up. Blake looked through his duffel bag, which he had placed next to the mat. He pulled out a red Frisbee. "Hope we don't get stomach cramps."

Jessica watched Blake retrieve the Frisbee, taking pleasure just in seeing her boyfriend stretch and move. As he jogged off she stood and stretched a bit, then moved away from the basket and the blanket. The first few passes weren't too out of the ordinary. Then, as Jessica went to toss the disc, her foot slipped on something -- a piece of garbage or a patch of damp -- and the Frisbee went flying off in entirely the wrong direction. She swore under her breath, watching it fly and hoping it wasn't about to hit someone.

Jessica jogged over, breathing a little heavily as she joined Blake by the tree. She looked up at the Frisbee in the tree, shaking her head slightly. "I'm sorry, Blake," she said. "My foot just... slipped. I don't know what happened." She looked at the tree and shook her head. There were a few low branches, but nothing she wanted to try and rest her weight on. "Um. I dunno. Maybe I can give you a boost up?" She didn't think too much of the idea; neither she or Blake were well-built in their 'civilian' identities.

"I don't know. I really don't think that'll work. I know you wanted this date to just be about us...but if we can't think or anything else, I might have to power up for a few seconds and get it. Do you have any ideas?" Blake was pacing slightly. He hated the idea of having to power up on their date. It should just be about them; their superhero identities shouldn't even be involved. Now think...what would a normal person do?

Jessica dropped her hands to her sides, glancing around. What did they have? The picnic basket, the remnants of their sandwiches, their soda cans (which were too light), Blake's duffel. Jessica snatched at Blake's arm. "Didn't you say you brought a baseball? Can you see if you can knock it out of the tree?"

Blake's eyes lit up. Of course! "You know, this is why you're the smart one. Brb!" he exclaimed, not seeming to care that he just used an Internet abbreviation. He kissed her on the neck quickly and ran off. He returned moments later with three baseballs. "Here...I'll take a shot." Blake tossed the ball, and it didn't even come close. It sort of went into the air for a few moments, and plodded down. "Huh. Guess it makes sense..." Blake said, looking at his bony arms. "Your turn. Good luck, Jessy." he said, giving her a kiss for good luck.

Jessica squeezed the ball in her hand, turning it over and over and looking up at the Frisbee. It was caught just where two branches split. Maybe if she just threw it up and jostled? The base of the branch would be a bigger target... She set her feet and threw a slow lob, striking the branch she was aiming at a few inches short of where it came off the tree. It rocked a few times, and for a second it almost looked like the disc would fall, but when the branch stopped swaying and the Frisbee hadn't moved. Jessica swore softly and turned to Blake. "You wanna take the last shot," she asked.

KC nodded. He would add a little pepper on this one. He gripped the ball with his left hand, and hurled it, adding a burst of otherworldly fire to it. It missed the Frisbee, but hit the branch holding it. The branch, not being an excellent conduit of magic power, broke in two, and the Frisbee fell safely to the ground. "Well that's new. Didn't know I could access my power without changing."

Jessica jumped slightly when Blake's hit cracked the branch in two. It fell with a crash and she waded into the leaves and branches, batting them aside as she reached down. She stood with the Frisbee in hand and raised it above her hand, waving to Blake. Once she was free, she hugged Blake and gave him a peck on the cheek. "That was a good hit," she said. "I didn't think it would fall like that!"

"Guess I don't know my own strength!" Blake said, flexing his non-existant muscle. He smiled at her and pecked her on the cheek as well. "Uhh...to protect the safety of nature, want to just go back and relax on your blanket? I think the clouds have covered the sun, at least for a few minutes. Should cool down a little." Sure enough, a slight breeze stirred their hair.