Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Carces

The Door you can't Unlock [OOC]

Recommended Posts

This is the first step of the Mysteries Infinite Adventure. Use this as a starting point for ALL players, inside and out. Here, you'll have an opportunity to figure out how to get in or fortify yourself for staying out, as the case may be. Use this opportunity to get to know some of your comrades, if you don't know them already, and learn what you can from the outside. Once you go in, there's no turning back...

There is no real posting order, and members of the thread are invited to discuss the situation with others in any haphazard manner they care to. New Threads will be linked in this OOC thread at appropriate times, so please keep alert as to any changes in here.

Hope you all have fun. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post

Troll, I can't find much mention of the "Pale Horse" you mentioned on your character sheet. Considering your character, I'm assuming it's a motorcycle? You should be able to get around the roadblocks on a normal motorcycle/flying vehicle, though you'll have to drive like a jerk to do it. A full-fledged car will have less success.

Edit: The Pale Horse is a car. IC post edited to include the result of Nick's travel.

Share this post


Link to post

Free Action Set Array to: Alternate Power: Concealment 10 (Feats: Close Range, Selective) (Invisibility, Magic) [22] and Super Senses 6 (Detect Magic: Ranged(Mental) 2, Acute 1, Analytical 1, Radius 1, Tracking 1) [6] [28PP]

I'll try to analyze what sort of sorcery is this.

Share this post


Link to post

Troll, I can't find much mention of the "Pale Horse" you mentioned on your character sheet. Considering your character, I'm assuming it's a motorcycle? You should be able to get around the roadblocks on a normal motorcycle/flying vehicle, though you'll have to drive like a jerk to do it. A full-fledged car will have less success.

Edit: The Pale Horse is a car. IC post edited to include the result of Nick's travel.

Yeah, sorry, I should probably edit the sheet. It's not Equipment or anything (at least not yet), it's just the typical "car" you get with the default Wealth level.

Share this post


Link to post

Everything I wanted to know about my magical analysis (but was too afraid to ask!):

-The magic is strong. Hella strong. It's reasonable to assume that whoever set it up is not only quite powerful, but had time to set up.

-The major source of the magic is somewhere else. However, it's pulling most of the pulled emotional and psychic power from outside even as we speak. Whatever it is, it's a power hog.

-There's no barrier or forcefield present.

-There's no illusion present.

-The dome gives off the mystical reading of a mystical Domain dimension. Something a "god" would use as a home base or a mystical battery.

-It's not a happy place

Share this post


Link to post

So, as per the SEEEEKRIT Notice check in the IC thread, what sort of energy does this dome seem to be giving off? Is the draining effect purely psychic, or is there a necromantic component that pings Nick's Death Awareness?

Share this post


Link to post

All right, Nick's using his Banshee Wail power, but only the Postcognition bit. Even then, it tends to creep people out, as it relies mainly on choppy, fragmented bits spat out in a death rattle, so he's not using it near the crowd. It's just for info gathering purposes.

And that's a 24 on the requisite Notice check. For comparison's sake, 15 is "a vague vision that may or may not be accurate" and 30 is "near complete knowledge of an actual past event." So it's going to lean more towards things that happened, but won't be absolutely clear about them. And of course, it's mainly an oral history of said events.

Share this post


Link to post

Keep in mind, folks, that if you're getting stuck, you can use hero points for inspiration. This will be particularly important when you get inside the casino, as knowledge is power in a magical adventure.

Share this post


Link to post

Please note - if you stay in the red haze longer than a round you will need to make another fortitude save. The DC gets higher the longer you stay in, so be careful!

Share this post


Link to post

Just curious, Carces -- when you say there appear to be patches in the red, are you referring to Beacon's collapsing dome, or actual little islands in the red mist where one could decamp?

Share this post


Link to post

I was mainly referring to Beacon's collapsing dome as being easy to see amongst the red. There is a little variation in the red itself, but it tends towards uniformity.

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, Grim is using her Glamour power to enhance her Charisma up to 32 to boost her Diplomacy check to hopefully try and sway the crowd. She has Skill Mastery, but I'm actually gonna shoot for the moon here.

Diplo check: 1d20+16=23

Okay, blow HP for reroll.

Diplo reroll: 1d20+16=35. There we go!

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, Grim is using her Glamour power to enhance her Charisma up to 32 to boost her Diplomacy check to hopefully try and sway the crowd. She has Skill Mastery, but I'm actually gonna shoot for the moon here.

Diplo check: 1d20+16=23

Okay, blow HP for reroll.

Diplo reroll: 1d20+16=35. There we go!

The crowd will generally follow your instructions as long as it does not cause them obvious harm for the duration of your time outside of the casino. Feel free to have your posts reflect that.

Share this post


Link to post

I have a feeling the adventure may be stalling out at this point. Since this might be due to the nature of the puzzle and having too large a number of people in one thread, I'd like to push forward into the split teams

If you have some preference as to who you'd like to team up with, please notify me here or message me. Unfortunately, I do not think we can have an IC team-splitting scene at this point.

If you're not interested in this adventure anymore, please feel free to notify me as well. No hard feelings if that's the case! I just want to know so that a team does not have too few members.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

Even though I originally said I wanted to be on the inside team, I have no problem staying outside if that works better for everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post

Even though I originally said I wanted to be on the inside team, I have no problem staying outside if that works better for everyone else.

The outside team is fine. I am more concerned about the two inside teams, as one could be larger than the other if I simply assume someone is coming when they're not.

Inside people: Have a look at who volunteered to be inside. If there's someone you know or want to RP with, post on here just in case the team is still large enough to split up.

Edit: Let's assume there's two teams. Each team will probably go through two different aspects of the hotel.

We're going to call the teams Team Hell's Vault and Team Heaven's Throne. Take your pick!

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  

×