Changeling PL 10

Aoiroo

Power Level: 10PL 150/150PP

Trade-Offs:

Unspent PP: 5

Gold Status: 0/30

In Brief: A human raised by the fae who has only recently found her way back to the human world.

Alternate Identities: Etain Maher

Identity: Secret

Birthplace: Newry, Ireland

Affiliations: None

Family: Emmett and Clarissa Maher (Both deceased)

Ethnicity: Caucasion

Height: 5'2"

Weight: 180 lbs

Eyes: Hazel

Hair: Black

Description: Etain is very beautiful, even as an infant(which of sort of why she was switched in the first place). She has curly black hair that goes just past the shoulders, a rounded face and soft features. She has a very dated fashion sense, usually wearing older(and somewhat heavier) type of clothing, and has a fondness of flowers.

Her costume looks even more dated then her actual clothing. It is a rather long flowing gown, and a full faced masquerade mask with a matching pair of wings. Most people wonder how she even manages to move in the whole thing, and few realize that the only real part of the costume is the mask that allows grants her fairy glamour that fabricates the rest of the costume as a very realistic costume that will hold unlike her other glamour in the presence of cameras, and mirrors.

Power Descriptions: Being raised by fae, her powers are deeply seated in her ability to create glamour or illusions. However, as she is still only human, her illusions aren't as powerful as a true fairy and cannot cause any physical or psycological harm, however they are very realistic and can induce terror that can cause someone to flee or pass out. She can also follow the presence or trail of magic, and can see it on others as a sort of aura. It can be a bit troubling though, since if their is too much magic, it can blind or distract her from other sights and she can never not see it.

History: Etain lived with the Maher's for a total of six days, and on the seventh, she was swapped. Her parents didn't notice the change, and neither did she (how could she, she was only seven days old). She was raised by Bugloss and Cinquefoil, a pair of higher fae who served Titania and lived among the Seelie Court enjoying the spenders of the court and living unaware of her origins. She was taught of everything important to the fae, music, art, food, mischeif, everything she grew up with and never once did she think to venture outside the realm of the fae until she turned fifteen.

One of her friends had managed to trick and entrance a human boy who was just a little older then herself into their realm. He was very solemn about being taken from his realm, missing his family and friends that he had left behind and would neither eat, nor join with them in their splender, which led to most of the fae either teasing him or leaving him alone. Though while the others left him, it interested Etain greatly why he was so down, so she asked about his feelings, and got a strange question in return, he had asked her why she was there. She said this was her home and that her family was here. He contradicted this, saying that was not the case. For some reason, he could tell that she like him wasn't suppose to be there. Though she didn't believe him, she still found him interesting and asked him about where he lived. He told her tales of a place with large structures seperate from nature, and strange ways of transportation including the use of dreaded cold iron. It sounded horrible to her, but at the same time, she was curious about the world of humans. He also spoke of what he called heroes, people who did others favors but expected no price in return, that was the strangest concept she had heard of them all. But it did interest her greatly as she listened every day.

This continued for about four days, though he would not eat, nor would he drink, he would still talk of his home and his longing to return. She was his only audience, and also, she was the only one that noticed his growing weakness as he refused to indulge himself. Apparently, he had heard from an older tale that if he did so he would never be able to return (which was the first she had heard of such a thing, since they had let people who had eaten their food back plenty of time). By the fifth day, he was too weak to speak, and collapsed. She didn't know why but the idea of him going away frightened her, so she called her friend, and begged that she send him back. Her friend didn't understand why he wanted to leave, and but said that she needed an equal price for his passage or else she couldn't do it under the laws of the court. She offered that she would stay with him for the passage until the end of his days as an equal price. Her friend granted the request and returned him and Etain to the exact place that he was taken, in front of a small house in the West End. It was in that moment that they go their that there was a shoot out between two rival gangs. Both gangs were shocked at their sudden arrival, and one member thought their was a possibility that they were a pair of meta humans so opened fire. The boy pushed Etain back and before she knew it, he was on the floor bleeding perfusely.

She didn't understand what had happened, or why had it happened, but she was possitively furious. Calling a large amount of magic, she burned into the heads of every other human their the image of the most horrible monster imaginable. Any of the members who didn't faint on sight fleed the scene immediately leaving her effectively alone with the strange boy whom she hadn't even learned the name of.

The ambulences of Trinity hospital took her and the boy away from the scene, she was frightened at first at the cold iron, but found that she could touch it with and only got slight irritation on her skin, so she endured the discomfort and continued to stay by the boys side. He was still alive, albet barely since she was still there, but she had to wait quietly while they took him away. She stayed at the hospital for several days, and just like the boy, Etain refused to eat until she saw him. After the third day, they let her into his room since she was the only one there with him. It seemed that while the time he had spent in the fae's realm was only a few days, in this world it had equivilated to six years in which the boy had been deemed a missing persons case that had long been abandoned. Any family he had, had already moved away because they had already moved on and just wanted to forget. She found out that his name was Demitrius Emil, and that he had liked playing a game called soccer. She also learned, that the combination of his gun wounds and severe malnutrition had put him into a coma.

She stayed at his side, partly because she felt bad, partly because she didn't know anyone else. When she was taken to the fae, though it had only been seventeen years there, in this world she had been taken in the late eighteen hundreds, so there was no one there to claim her either. She found out that the boys parents had moved out of the country a little later to live closer to the rest of the family (he himself wasn't from the U.S. but from Nigeria, and only moved to the states in 2000). As the weeks passed, it was becoming less and less likely that he would ever get out of the coma and the hospital was thinking about switching him to hospice treatment instead (something she didn't understand was a bad thing until it was explained to her). She tried to protest, but she didn't have the money, or even a legal idenity herself to try and gain it. It was only then that she met a woman by the name of Cynthia Fowler who offered her house and home as well as treatment for the boy. Though a bit confused about the strangely generious offer, she jumped on it, and for the first time in several weeks left the boys side.

Cynthia Fowler, in fact, is actually her adoptive mother Cinquefoil who after learning of her leaving the fae asked for permission to follow to take care of her. She was granted the permission, but under the condition that she could never reveal herself to Etain or any other human. If she breaks this geis, she would have to return to the fae realm immediately. Cynthia came to the human world a few days after Etain, and spent the time first by enticing a wealthy but lonely businessman, and then using his resources to locate her daughter. Though she finds her daughter's attachment to a human strange, she didn't want to see her so sad, so she allowed for the continue care of the human while she looked for other arrangements so her daughter might be attended to in the best care possible. She discovered a human system called school that they used to teach their young their ways, wanting only the best, she found the school for the most special and arranged for her daughter to start attending Claremont.

Personality & Motivation: Etain is a bit new to human customs, she isn't stupid mind you she understands mathematics, and can pick up some scientific concepts, she's just finds some of the other concepts hard to follow. Growing up in the courts have made her used to talking in circles, and an endless flatterer to anybody she deems more important or more powerful then herself. She's also a bit cold in general, she'll be polite and act nice, but will distance herself and often trick others if it serves her. She feels greatly indebted to Demitrius for what he did, so she tries to emulate him the best she can by helping people when they are in danger. However many times she does this however she still cannot feel that it is enough to return his debt, she may be using it as an excuse in that she finds she strangely feels good about helping people.

Powers & Tactics: Etain relies heavily on her ability to change the perceptions of those around her, though her perception of reality is a bit warped in general because of the world she lived in not being nearly as rigid or steely as this strange new world almost all her illusions rely on a nature based theme that is more easily spotted in places around the city. Charming is also a main practice she has with the fae, making her not above luring a man(or woman for that matter) in for a kiss before knocking them out.

Complications:

Guilt-Driven: She claims this, though after a while, how much of that is true is still debatable. Still, without fail, she will spend every Sunday at Demitrius's side with a fresh pot of flowers.

Fish Out Of Water: She is learning how to live with the modern society, but still finds herself confused most the time.

Anchored: She's only anchored to this world as long as Demitrius still lives, the moment he breaths his last breath she's suppose to return the the fae realm.

Abilities: 2 + 4 + 8 + 4 + 8 + 10 = 36pp

Str 12 (+1)

Dex 14 (+2)

Con 18 (+4)

Int 14 (+2)

Wis 18 (+4)

Cha 20 (+5)

Combat: 2+ 16 + 28 = 46pp

Initiative: +2

Attack: +8

Grapple: +8

Defense: +14

Knockback: +6

Saving Throws: 4 + 2 + 6 = 12pp

Toughness: +4

Fortitude: +8 (+4 Con, +4)

Reflex: +5 (+3 Dex, +2)

Will: +10 (+4 Wis, +6)

Skills: 60r = 15pp

Bluff 4 (+9)

Concentration 6 (+10)

Craft (Sewing) 8 (+9)

Disguise 4 (+9)

Handle Animal 6 (+11)

Knowledge (Arcane Lore) 10 (+12)

Languages (Latin) 1

Notice 4 (+8)

Perform (Dance) 4 (+9)

Perform (Singing) 6 (+11)

Perform (String Instruments) 2 (+7)

Ride 2 (+4)

Sense Motive 3 (+6)

Feats: 7PP

Animal Empathy

Attractive

Interpose

Moveby-Action

Quick Change

Redirect

Taunt

Powers: 21 + 7 + 5 = 37PP

Glamour (Illusion) 5 (Sight, Hearing, Smell) Extras: Selective Illusion Flaws: Phantasms -1 Power Feats: Progessive [21pp]

• Alternate Effect: Dazzle 2 (Sight and Hearing) Power Feats: Reversible [7pp]

Magic Sight Super-Senses 6 (Detect Magic [Visual], Extras: Counters Concealment 2, Counters Illusion 2, Tracking) Flaws: Distracting -1 Power Feats: Drawbacks: Weakness (Dazzled Against High Concentrations) [4pp]

Super-Senses 1 (Magic Awareness [sense Type]) [1PP]

Barrier Bracelet Device 1 (Force Feild 5PP, Flaws: Hard-To-Lose -1) [4PP]

Right off the bat, the glamour mask would not be equipment. It's too powerful.

What exactly do you mean with her Magic Sight's Weakness? Also, I'm assuming it's Visual?

C.f. Shaen's rules for buying skills.

No direct attacks and undercapped defensively. This build is going to be at a great disadvantage in combat.

Second Chance needs to be defined. Relying so much on Attractive means she's going to be at a disadvantage in situations where it doesn't apply.

If she can induce terror, might look at Emotion Control as an AP off Illusion.

That much Attractive breaks caps, too.

She has 4 ranks in both Bluff and Diplomacy. Attractive 3 effectively adds 12 ranks to each of those skills -- but only vs. people who find you attractive, and only when you actually use your looks/sexiness to influence them -- giving her 16 ranks total. But at PL 10, the most ranks she can have in a given skill is 15 ranks [PL + 5], and the caps are 'hard,' meaning you cannot buy excess ranks and then just not use them.

Okay, well I lowered attractive some ranks and removed diplomancy, and got that I need to alter some things to meet the caps. Also, the weakness is that she herself can be dazzled by a high concentration of magic(like lets say, Ederich's house).

But, before I fill out the caps, I want to try and work out how much the powers cost so I know how much I have to spend on bringing her up to caps or how much I have to take away from the power set. I understand what power she should have based on what I want her to do, I'm just having a hard time determining cost. I know the cost of the ranks for each individual power, but I know I'll probably mess up the math with the things like suggested feats and such.

But, before I fill out the caps, I want to try and work out how much the powers cost so I know how much I have to spend on bringing her up to caps or how much I have to take away from the power set. I understand what power she should have based on what I want her to do, I'm just having a hard time determining cost. I know the cost of the ranks for each individual power, but I know I'll probably mess up the math with the things like suggested feats and such.

Doing the math.

Illusion is already 4 PP/r, so might as well affect all senses; it costs the same. What is Progressive? The Progression feat, which increases the area? Anyway, it's 4 PP/r w/ 1 PFeat, so 5 ranks would be 21 PP. 22, if you add the Dazzle as an AP.

S-Senses comes out fine. I'd take that Drawback and make it a Complication, though, since it doesn't seem to be the type of thing that would come up all that often.

You may want to use them to even out your caps. I don't believe you can mix&match tradeoffs like that...generally you can trade attack for damage (or vice versa), and you can trade defense for toughness (and vice versa), but I'm not sure you can trade attack for defense or toughness for damage or whatever.

You may want to use them to even out your caps. I don't believe you can mix&match tradeoffs like that...generally you can trade attack for damage (or vice versa), and you can trade defense for toughness (and vice versa), but I'm not sure you can trade attack for defense or toughness for damage or whatever.

No, you cannot. Individual feats, and even combination of feats/maneuvers, can let you manipulate your caps in such a way, but straight trade-offs do not.