Working on the Railroad [OOC]

trollthumper

Sample form:

Kchooloo

Done in the style of "Voicemail of Kchooloo", this form is essentially a Hollywood rip off of descriptions of the Unspeakable Eldritch Horrors rumored to exist between dimensions. The form carries a natural level of darkness about it, mirroring the darkness of the movie, which didn't have enough of a budget to create a convincing monster effect. The movie bombed and was particularly criticized for its "It was all a dream inside an Asylum and the hero is secretly insane... OR IS IT?!" ending. Those which cannot be named get no respect nowadays.

Additional Limbs 4 (Tentacles) [4pp]

Attack: +2 [4pp]

Defense: +2 [4pp]

Dexterity: -2 [-2pp]

Enhanced Constitution 9 [9pp]

Enhanced Strength 6 [6pp]

Flight 1 (Drawbacks: Power Loss - Cannot fly when wings are bound) [1pp]

Growth 11 (Flaws: Permanent; Feats: Innate) [23pp]

Immunity 9 (Life-Support) [9pp]

Protection 4 [4pp]

Strike 1 (Semi-dimensional Tentacles; Feats: Affects Insubstantial, Mighty) [3pp]

Abilities (13) + Combat (8) + Saving Throws (0) + Skills (0) + Feats (0) + Powers (44) - Drawbacks (0) = 65pp

DC Block:

ATTACK      RANGE     SAVE                        EFFECT

Unarmed     Touch     DC29 Toughness (Staged)     Damage

Looks like this railroad... *puts on sunglasses*... needs some work.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!

If you'd just like a stress-free minion bruising, we can use the Demon Warrior from the main book. They're pretty easy to mop up.

If you'd like a challenge, we can go with the life-craving "Elder Servants" on page 33 of the Book of Magic. They're PL 10 guys and quite good at team work.

I'm open to other suggestions.

Demon, Bruiser Power Level 8 • Minion Ra nk 8

Str 25

Dex 12

Con 20

Int 9

Wis 9

Cha 8

Skills: Climb 6 (+13), Intimidate 10 (+9)

F

eats: Attack Focus (melee) 2, Diehard, Fearsome Presence 5, Improved Grab, Power Attack, Startle, Teamwork

Powers: Immunity 32 (critical hits, Fortitude), Leaping 3, Protection 5 (Impervious), Strike 3 (Mighty), Super-Strength 5 (heavy load: 12 tons)

Combat: Attack +6 (melee), +4 (ranged), Grapple +18, Damage +10 (strike), Defense +6 (+3 flat-footed), Knockback -7, Initiative +1

Saving Throws: Toughness +10, Fortitude +5, Reflex +1, Will –1Attributes 23 + Skills 4 (16 ranks) + Feats 12 + Powers 59 + Combat

That's not good. Screw it, spending a Hero Point.

There we go, just made it. As using the fear-causing component of Banshee Wail might actually cause the demons to flee into the city, that would be a bad idea. So, I'm launching another attempt at Poltergeist's Rage, this one designed to pin all the demons in the area, including the ones who are currently walking free.

And that's a 22 on the Opposed Grapple check. Probably not the best of results. So, let's see how the demons take it...

Demon 1 made his Reflex save, dropping the effective TK rank to 3 (rounded up). So, now he's got to beat a DC20 Grapple check... and doesn't, so that's good.

Demon 2 failed to make the Reflex save, but did beat the DC22 Grapple check.

Demon 3 failed to make the Reflex save, and did not beat the DC22 Grapple check.

Demon 4 failed to make the Reflex save, but did make the DC22 Grapple check, so he's unimpeded.

And Demon 5 did not make the Reflex save, but totally beat the Grapple check.. So, all in all, two demons are Pinned, which is better than I thought the power would turn out.

Phew, that was close. So, seeing as one demon's pinned and there are three still on the field, I might as well abandon the current tactics in favor of Ereshkigal's Talons, one of my major "damaging" powers. So, let's strike the nearest demon...

Ah, my kingdom for an Improved Crit. But I'm guessing that strikes, so the demon needs to make a DC28 Toughness save. And that's a fail, and even if we weren't using Minion rules, he'd be dead.