Blurring the Lines [IC]

It was another warm August evening as Gabriel flew low in the sky over Southside, Freedom City.

Months of somehow managing to work alone in this hero-crowded city had been ended in the last couple of weeks. Before he knew it, he'd met, and even worked with, something like a dozen heroes over the course of perhaps a week!

It was both incredible, and a bit jarring. He was still adjusting to this new aspect of his hero work; being able to just call a phone number to get help was so strange!

'All part of adjusting to the life of a superhero, I suppose. Maybe I should just think of it like I do my work at the College; I have coworkers there, and we cooperate all the time. Yeah, there we go. We're all coworkers. Even if some of us have more...direct...methods.'

He frowned, recalling a couple of "rough spots" in his encounters with some of his peers.

With a sigh, he landed on a nearby roof and cast his gaze on the street below, while keeping his ears pricked for any odd sounds.

Nothing.

'Dare I say it Lord, but this night is almost boring...'

Nearly two weeks worth of night patrols without any trouble outside of a lost cat. Either I need to change my style, or me and the rest have been succesful enough to put ourselves out of work. Or perhaps I've just had a spate of good luck, or the crime rate has hit an unusual lull, or something. Alex was out and about like she usually was, morphed into something decidingly less threatening than her normal amazon-esque form and out acting as both bait and hook. Wait, someone's on that roof over there. Better check it out.

Ducking into the first alleyway to come up further down the street it took but a moment for Mongrel Angel to drop disguise and open up one of her gateways to a spot a little behind where she'd noticed the rooftop figure. Stepping through the dark angel took a moment to glance over the rear of the white clad figure. Seems to be in good shape, and in that outfit he's either not intending to skulk about or is a complete and utter novice at it without much in the way of brains. Dammit, I know I recognise it from somewhere. Resting her right hand on her hip and tilting her body somewhat to the left she called out to him. "Heya, looking for someone?"

Gabriel had been so focused on the streets, consumed with both his vigil and his own thoughts, that he hadn't heard anyone appear on the roof behind him. Thankfully, it wasn't a lethal mistake this time around.

Nonetheless, he was still startled. He took one quick step back from the roof edge and spun around. His right hand came up in a position that seemed read to aim and fire, and it thrummed with restrained sonic energy.

"Who-"

He sees Alex's pose, and the fact that she's not trying to hurt him. A moment more to make sure this isn't just a quick cover, and the energy around his hand disappears. Gabriel straightens himself out, standing there with his arms crossed. When he speaks again, his accent-less voice carries almost no emotions beyond "caution".

"Who are you, ma'am? Why are you up on this rooftop? Is something wrong? Do you need help?"