Trade-off: +2 Toughness/ -2 Defense

Unspent PP: 6

Characters Name: Sanctis

Alternate Identity: none

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 200 (apparently)

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Brown

Description: Sanctis is a well-built man of some six feet and 200 lbs who has a very Mediterranean look about him. He looks to be about forty years old and is dresses simply in trousers, a black t-shirt and a sport-style jacket. But looks are deceiving...

History: Tides rise and tides fall. What was once will come again when what is now has descended into obscurity again. Or so the old gods believe, the gods of superstition and fear, bloody rituals and things that lurk around the edge of the campfire at night. Once they were supreme, and all mortals feared them, feared them with all their souls.

But that time is past. As men became more enlightened and knowledgeable, they were able to push the darkness back, and then push it aside, and then finally to try to forget it totally. And those things that lived in the darkness did not and still don't appreciate it at all. Watching form their nearly forgotten corners of the earth, they looked for man's strengths and weakness, and found what they believed was man's Archilles heel, Technology. For they saw how dependent man was on it, and knew how far man could possibly fall (for they were there back then) if the crutch was taken away, and society kicked into free fall.

So Sanctis was created out of shadowstuff and slipped through a crack in reality, a crack which these dark entities had been saving for a good opportunity. And here it was, and Sanctis arose, fully formed, a spirit with a mission.

Stats: Cost -10

Str: - (+0)

Dex: 10 (+0)

Con: - (+0)

Int: 12 (+1)

Wis: 14 (+2)

Cha: 14 (+2)

Combat: Cost 20

Attack:+7 (melee), +5 (Ranged)

Grapple: +3 (Insubstantial(gas))

Defense:+8 (+3 flat-footed)

Knockback: -5

Initiative: +0

Saves: Cost 13

Toughness: +10,

Fort -- (Immune Fort)

Reflex: +5 (+0 Dex, +5)

Will: +10 (+2 Wis, +8)

Skills: Cost 17

Bluff 12 (+14)

Concentration 10 (+10)

Intimidate 8 (+10)

Know- Behavioral Sciences 5 (+6)

Know- Technology 10 (+11)

Notice 4 (+6)

Sense Motive 15 (+17)

Stealth 4(+4)

Feats: Cost 7

* Dodge Focus 3

* Fearless

* Melee Focus 2

* Skill Mastery (Bluff, Intimidate, Sense Motive, Stealth)

Powers: Cost 103

Comprehend 3 [understand all, read all, speak one at a time] [6pp]

Electrical Control 9 [blast range:Touch, Secondary Effect) [18pp]

AP Nullify 6 [Tech] [Extra] [1pp]

AP Drain Toughness 9

[Limitation] [1pp]

Flight 2 [4pp]

Immunity 32 (Fortitude, Criticals) [32pp]

Insubstantial 2(gas) [Extra] [12pp]

Mind Control 10 [Extra]

[Alternate Save (area attack) Reflex-->Will) [5pp]

Protection 10 [10pp]

Regeneration 5[Recovery +3[Total bonus -2], Resurrection [Extra]] [5pp]

Supersenses 5 Detect Tech: [ranged, acute, accurate, analytical, extended] [5pp]

Darkvision 2 [2pp]

Drawbacks:

DC Block:

ATTACKS --- SAVE DC --- DAMAGE TYPE

Blast --- Fort DC 25 --- Electrical Blast

Mind Control---Will DC 20--- Mind control "Destroy Tech"

Nullify --- Fort DC 20 --- Nullify Tech (non-alien)

Costs: Abilities (-10) + Combat (20) + Saves (13) + Skills (17) + Feats (7) + Powers (103) - Drawbacks (0) = Total Cost 150 / 156

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Players Name: Eyeonthemountain

Power Level: 10 (150/156 pp)

Description: Sanctis is a well-built man of some six feet and 200 lbs who has a very Mediterranean look about him. He looks to be about forty years old and is dresses simply in trousers, a black t-shirt and a sport-style jacket. But looks are deceiving...

History: Tides rise and tides fall. What was once will come again when what is now has descended into obscurity again. Or so the old gods believe, the gods of superstition and fear, bloody rituals and things that lurk around the edge of the campfire at night. Once they were supreme, and all mortals feared them, feared them with all their souls.

But that time is past. As men became more enlightened and knowledgeable, they were able to push the darkness back, and then push it aside, and then finally to try to forget it totally. And those things that lived in the darkness did not and still don't appreciate it at all. Watching form their nearly forgotten corners of the earth, they looked for man's strengths and weakness, and found what they believed was man's Archilles heel, Technology. For they saw how dependent man was on it, and knew how far man could possibly fall (for they were there back then) if the crutch was taken away, and society kicked into free fall.

So Sanctis was created out of shadowstuff and slipped through a crack in reality, a crack which these dark entities had been saving for a good opportunity. And here it was, and Sanctis arose, fully formed, a spirit with a mission.

Fort -- (Immune Fort)

Bluff 12 (+14)

Concentration 10 (+10)

Intimidate 8 (+10)

Notice 4 (+6)

Sense Motive 15 (+17)

Stealth 4(+4)

* Dodge Focus 3

* Fearless

* Melee Focus 2

AP Drain Toughness 9

[Limitation] [1pp]

Flight 2 [4pp]

Mind Control 10 [Extra]

Protection 10 [10pp]

Supersenses 5 Detect Tech: [ranged, acute, accurate, analytical, extended] [5pp]

Darkvision 2 [2pp]

Drawbacks:

DC Block:

Costs: Abilities (-10) + Combat (20) + Saves (13) + Skills (17) + Feats (7) + Powers (103) - Drawbacks (0) = Total Cost 150 / 156

Players Name: Eyeonthemountain

Power Level: 10 (150/156 pp)

Fort -- (Immune Fort)

Bluff 12 (+14)

Concentration 10 (+10)

Intimidate 8 (+10)

Notice 4 (+6)

Sense Motive 15 (+17)

Stealth 4(+4)

* Dodge Focus 3

* Fearless

* Melee Focus 2

AP Drain Toughness 9

[Limitation] [1pp]

Flight 2 [4pp]

Mind Control 10 [Extra]

Protection 10 [10pp]

Darkvision 2 [2pp]

Drawbacks:

DC Block:

Looks like a nasty villain. We need more of those. :lol:

A few things . . .

1. I count your ability scores at -8 not -10.

2. This . . .

AP Create Object [Permanant] Rank 10

Cost 3/rank cost 1

. . . should be Continuous (same cost). Permanent means the power is "always active and cannot be turned off." Continuous created objects last until they are nullified, destroyed, or dismissed (UP, 37).

3. This . . .

AP Blast[Will save, Perception] affect insubstantial 2 Rank 7 cost 1

. . . is essentially Mental Blast unless there is some descriptor reason why it's not "mental." If it is mental, then it affects insubstantial by default (so you could potentially add two more power feats if you wanted).

4. Two things regarding . . .

AP Teleport [Attack, Accurate] cost 1

-This should be Teleport "7" (at 4 PPs/rank)

-Using the attack extra with Teleport requires an attack roll, but your attack bonus is +0. You may want to buy two ranks of the Accurate Power Feat to get you to at least +4.

5. The maximum trade-off allowed is +/-4, so . . .

Protection Rank 15 cost 15

. . . is one point over the limit.

6. With regards to . . .

Drawbacks: Power Loss (no powers affect extra-terrestrial tech) 2

I don't think "extra-terrestrial tech" is common in our game. But if the other Refs disagree, I won't argue. However, you get to buy this drawback on every power affected, so at least your Hellfire array and your super-sense/detect (maybe also your darkvision), so you're back to 2 total points.

A few things . . .

2. This . . .

Cost 3/rank cost 1

. . . should be Continuous (same cost). Permanent means the power is "always active and cannot be turned off." Continuous created objects last until they are nullified, destroyed, or dismissed (UP, 37).

3. This . . .

. . . is essentially Mental Blast unless there is some descriptor reason why it's not "mental." If it is mental, then it affects insubstantial by default (so you could potentially add two more power feats if you wanted).

-Using the attack extra with Teleport requires an attack roll, but your attack bonus is +0. You may want to buy two ranks of the Accurate Power Feat to get you to at least +4.

6. With regards to . . .

I don't think "extra-terrestrial tech" is common in our game. But if the other Refs disagree, I won't argue. However, you get to buy this drawback on every power affected, so at least your Hellfire array and your super-sense/detect (maybe also your darkvision), so you're back to 2 total points.

A few things . . .

2. This . . .

Cost 3/rank cost 1

3. This . . .

6. With regards to . . .

Ok, I will change that.

2. This . . .

Cost 3/rank cost 1

In the same description, it does say you can take permenant and that means you cannot dismsiss them, but I'll just buy it continuous and take a 1 point drawback that I cannot dismiss them.

3. This . . .

It is mental blast, jsut a differnt name. I'll rewrite it a bit.

I think I will drop this whole thing. Just to be clear, if it is an attack, can I use it on myself as well? I think I can, but am not sure.

No problem, I'll fix it

6. With regards to . . .

I'll just buy this as a one point drawback on super-senses: Detect Tech power.

Ok, I will change that.

2. This . . .

Cost 3/rank cost 1

In the same description, it does say you can take permenant and that means you cannot dismsiss them, but I'll just buy it continuous and take a 1 point drawback that I cannot dismiss them.

3. This . . .

I think I will drop this whole thing. Just to be clear, if it is an attack, can I use it on myself as well? I think I can, but am not sure.

No problem, I'll fix it

6. With regards to . . .

Ok, I will change that.

2. This . . .

Cost 3/rank cost 1

3. This . . .

No problem, I'll fix it

6. With regards to . . .

Let's see what I see. You could take a power feat on that Create Object AP using that drawback pp. Innate, Precise, and Subtle are all pretty nifty.

For your one command, we're back to the question that we had earlier - what constitutes technology, for the purposes of destroying it? For clarification's sake, I think anything that would require Craft (mechanical) or Craft (electronic) to build is considered technology. I think that covers the majority of the things that you could call it.

Other than that, you look pretty good.

Let's see what I see. You could take a power feat on that Create Object AP using that drawback pp. Innate, Precise, and Subtle are all pretty nifty.

For your one command, we're back to the question that we had earlier - what constitutes technology, for the purposes of destroying it? For clarification's sake, I think anything that would require Craft (mechanical) or Craft (electronic) to build is considered technology. I think that covers the majority of the things that you could call it.

I decided not to do the drawbask on the main array. No real reason.

I think that is a good way to do it. Simple, and in this case it is mostly with NPCs anyway, as most heroes will nto fail the DC15 will check,, though it is possible.

I think that is a good way to do it. Simple, and in this case it is mostly with NPCs anyway, as most heroes will nto fail the DC15 will check,, though it is possible.

Will: 9 +3

Should be "9 +2."

Skills:

Know-Technology 13+2 (Drawback, Alien Tech) *See Below

Know-Local (Freedom City) 2+2

Sense Motive 15+2

Notice 5+0

Concentration 10+2

Intimidate 13+0

Stealth 5+0

Gather Info 5+0

Cost 16: Total 30

I assume that Know-Technology 13+2 (Drawback, Alien Tech) means you cannot make Knowledge (Technology) rolls vs. Alien Technology and that it is a 1 pt. drawback (essentially giving you 4 ranks for free). If that's the case, then change your skill total at the bottom of your sheet to 16, and it's all good.

AP Mental Blast Feat: TBDx2 Rank 7 cost 1

2 suggestions for feats: Incurable and Reversible. A nasty and useful combination.

I think I will drop this whole thing. Just to be clear, if [teleport] is an attack, can I use it on myself as well? I think I can, but am not sure.

You can, but remember, using Extras is not optional, so using Teleport on yourself with the Attack extra is a standard action and is limited to normal range (power rank x 100').

Super Sense Detect Tech (mental) Ranged, Accurate, Acute, analytical, extended 2 Drawback Not Alien Tech*See Below cost 8

I only count 7 PPs here:

Detect Tech (Mental) Ranged - 2 PPs

Accurate (one sense) - 2 PPs

Acute (one sense) - 1 PP

Analytical (one sense) - 1 PP

Extended 2 - 2 PPs

-1 Drawback = 7

Should be "9 +2."

Skills:

Sense Motive 15+2

Notice 5+0

Concentration 10+2

Intimidate 13+0

Stealth 5+0

Gather Info 5+0

I assume that Know-Technology 13+2 (Drawback, Alien Tech) means you cannot make Knowledge (Technology) rolls vs. Alien Technology and that it is a 1 pt. drawback (essentially giving you 4 ranks for free). If that's the case, then change your skill total at the bottom of your sheet to 16, and it's all good.

2 suggestions for feats: Incurable and Reversible. A nasty and useful combination.

I think I will drop this whole thing. Just to be clear, if [teleport] is an attack, can I use it on myself as well? I think I can, but am not sure.

You can, but remember, using Extras is not optional, so using Teleport on yourself with the Attack extra is a standard action and is limited to normal range (power rank x 100').

Super Sense Detect Tech (mental) Ranged, Accurate, Acute, analytical, extended 2 Drawback Not Alien Tech*See Below cost 8

I only count 7 PPs here:

Acute (one sense) - 1 PP

Extended 2 - 2 PPs

-1 Drawback = 7

Should be "9 +2."

Skills:

Sense Motive 15+2

Notice 5+0

Concentration 10+2

Intimidate 13+0

Stealth 5+0

Gather Info 5+0

I only count 7 PPs here:

Acute (one sense) - 1 PP

Extended 2 - 2 PPs

-1 Drawback = 7