A Father's Wishes [OOC]

Heridfel

Okay.. not sure where to post this, but here's what Emissary's doing:

Connected use to get an invite to some party where a notable from Grant will be, where he'll make his offer publically there, so that it would be hard to turn down. Shouldn't be hard, he gets invites to such stuff all the time. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1463718/ 17 total for the diplomacy check for use of connected for the invite.

Once that's noted publically, use of such again as far as public officials he's met and got on with to get access to the police files and such on the investigation so far, crime scene photos, suspect lists, general data, noted on who's been spoken to so far and what they've said, etc. Honestly.. could just take 10 for this and it should meet the requirements.

and then going to take time asking around about the man killed in general, his life, his work, etc. and also, since it would come off as being related, the recent work Grant has been doing, among the social circles Emissary floats around and such, which is to say, taking 10 on a Gather Information check for 15 total (you can't take 20 on gather info), which means I only get specific information as related, but hey, it's a start.

And finally.. using connected to try and get in touch with law enforcement officials that have some contact with Foreshadow, to put a word out that I'm looking to speak with the guy. This is similarly not exactly a dangerous favour, so, again just taking 10 for a 21 result.

Connected use to get an invite to some party where a notable from Grant will be, where he'll make his offer publically there, so that it would be hard to turn down. Shouldn't be hard, he gets invites to such stuff all the time. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1463718/ 17 total for the diplomacy check for use of connected for the invite.

Once that's noted publically, use of such again as far as public officials he's met and got on with to get access to the police files and such on the investigation so far, crime scene photos, suspect lists, general data, noted on who's been spoken to so far and what they've said, etc. Honestly.. could just take 10 for this and it should meet the requirements.

and then going to take time asking around about the man killed in general, his life, his work, etc. and also, since it would come off as being related, the recent work Grant has been doing, among the social circles Emissary floats around and such, which is to say, taking 10 on a Gather Information check for 15 total (you can't take 20 on gather info), which means I only get specific information as related, but hey, it's a start.

And finally.. using connected to try and get in touch with law enforcement officials that have some contact with Foreshadow, to put a word out that I'm looking to speak with the guy. This is similarly not exactly a dangerous favour, so, again just taking 10 for a 21 result.

The last three things can all be accomplished without scenes, just with the rolls that you provided. I'm presuming you're doing the fourth thing to start (since it could take a while for Foreshadow to get back to you), and then the third. That's so you don't tip your hand before you ask to investigate, but you know enough so that they don't turn you down for being ignorant of what has happened so far.

The first one, however, probably deserves its own scene. Something akin to the Midnight Society (though that thread just wrapped up, so I don't want to restart it right away). It'll be a smaller, more intimate setting, and if other rich PCs want to join in on it, they'll be welcome to do so. I'll start that thread tomorrow evening. Presuming it goes the way that I expect it will, given your social graces, you'd probably do the final part (checking in with law enforcement for the information that they gathered) after you announce your intentions at the party.

The last three things can all be accomplished without scenes, just with the rolls that you provided. I'm presuming you're doing the fourth thing to start (since it could take a while for Foreshadow to get back to you), and then the third. That's so you don't tip your hand before you ask to investigate, but you know enough so that they don't turn you down for being ignorant of what has happened so far.

The first one, however, probably deserves its own scene. Something akin to the Midnight Society (though that thread just wrapped up, so I don't want to restart it right away). It'll be a smaller, more intimate setting, and if other rich PCs want to join in on it, they'll be welcome to do so. I'll start that thread tomorrow evening. Presuming it goes the way that I expect it will, given your social graces, you'd probably do the final part (checking in with law enforcement for the information that they gathered) after you announce your intentions at the party.

• 3 weeks later...