Hunter in the Forest [IC]

"Oooh, I do so like a dramatic reveal. It's like a normal reveal, only people stop and go 'Oooooooh! Aaaaaaaah!' And 'tis good," commented Chris happily, pulling on a shirt and jeans over his Geckoman costume. "But we promise not to tell. Who knows, we might be able to help you out with it."

"Liz, hun, not we," muttered Liz, resealing the Pitchoo's hatchway and making sure the "Danger, radiation hazard" sticker wasn't peeling off completely yet. "But Chris is right, we'll be able to help, and since I never see you guys, and Chris doesn't much since college started." Chris looked sad at this, even as he pulled on a bright red t-shirt with the yellow lettering "Misery is not my business". "Well, we won't be able to tell, will we?"

"Well, unless I email everyone we kn-" "Will we?"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a good natured sigh, Trevor held up his hands slightly in defeat, realizing that if he hadn't wanted to elaborate he shouldn't have brought it up in the first place. "Working on... well, suppose the term is 'power armor'. Not really my style," he admitted, pulling a subtle face accompanied by a small shrug, "but if it comes to a knockdown, pure strength contest, want to have options." He suspected Chris could empathize with behind one of the less durable metahuman's around in comparison to many Claremont students.

"Hmmm... not really my style, I'd rather have something easy to move in," said Chris, gesturing to the spandex costume he still wore. "It makes it easier to dodge. But hey, if you want some nice armour, you gotta get some nice armour! Have you got a prototype or is it still in the planning stages?"

"I think the best way to power it would be including some form of dynamo," mused Liz. "Sure, it'd never be enough to power a full suit, but it'd supplement the power requirements simply by using the suit. Quick and easy, once you've got the main power source nailed down."

"Mhm," Trevor acknowledged with a faint trace of a smile. The buckled jacket and sturdy pants of the Midnight uniform were more evocative of the early mystery men than the more modern skintight look, but the armored bodysuit the young man wore underneath wasn't too far in function from Geckoman's brilliant green spandex. "Can't all be superhumanly agile any more than superhumanly strong," he noted dryly, reminding himself that, comparatively less durable or not, Chris possessed a considerable suite of fantastic abilities. "I like... options.

"Actually, comparative testing in all past records has shown that Chris's speed is augmented more than superhuman. Power nullifiers turn it off, but even when it's on, he's still not superhuman compared to, say, the Raven or Bowman. A Human would theoretically be able to hit his speed," chipped in Liz as Chris turned somewhat red.

"I can be faster..." he said glumly. Liz patted him on the shoulder. "Sure you will, sweetie."

"Anyway, he's got a point. While it's probably more physically intensive, a lot of training is going to be less energy intensive overall. The most efficient machine mankind has is the body."

"Efficient, but subject to restraints," Trevor pointed out, crossing his arms but leaving one hand free atop an elbow to gesture mildly. "Training could lets take on an Omegadrone hand to hand. Maybe two, more. A squad? An invasion force?" He shrugged his shoulders, belying the shared knowledge that, if not for extraordinary circumstances, they could very well be meeting at Mark's funeral rather than the Arborealair. "Options. Still. Only a side project."