Interest in PL10 Startup Adventure

So, I'm looking/hoping to work with a group of people in a thread at this point (having already started a couple of one-on-one threads). Specifically, this will be for Gabriel, my PL10 hero.

I don't feel equipped to GM the thread at this time, but I am willing to brainstorm with the GM for some ideas. I don't have any specific ideas right now, though.

Preferably, this would be other PL10 heroes. I'm pretty open on "type" or whatnot. The big thing is that we have a group that could mesh well. I'd like to try getting Gabriel into some sort of "hero group". I'd be fine with him ending up in an existing group, him being part of a new group that starts up as a result of this thread, or even just getting a more informal "network" established. Whatever comes about.

So, if people could speak up with ideas and interest, that would be awesome! :)

Let's do some good deeds, folks. ;)

I think all these folks sound fine. Half the reason I want to do this is to experience actual action and combat via this board.

I think we could even take 1 more, barring the GM (anyone not Supercape feel up to it?) saying 5 as a limit. I certainly don't mind having 6 (counting Gabriel).

Edit: Still need a GM to volunteer, though. ;)

I'm a bit late to the party, but if there's still some room for one more PL10 hero, I'd like to add Scion to the mix. I really don't feel confident enough to GM, but I can suggest a simple idea, this could be about a team up of second-string supervillain trying to establish themselves as a legitimate threat?

I'm glad to see some of the newbies taking the initiative like this.

But I really, really don't recommend more than about 4 heroes to a thread. Beyond that, you're risking both a quagmire, and your own sanity. I'd cap it at 6 at the very most.

How's this sound, folks. Since we have too many for 1 thread, we'll split things up. Barring a 2nd person feeling generous, I'll give some of you a "rain check". I really want to hit the ground jogging, at the least, with Gabriel.

Sandman_XI had volunteered to take the GM reigns for this one, so if he's still up for it, here's what I propose.

The 1st group, the one that will run under Sand, will consist of myself (Gabriel), Agent A (The Jay), Ozoe (Powerhouse), Supercape (Supercape), and Sandman XI (Muse).

The 2nd group, which will be the "rain check" group (unless we find another lovely volunteer) will be myself (Gabriel), Fox (Gaian Knight), Moira (Seraph), and Doleth (Scion).

Sand has an idea for the first thread/group, but I think the 2nd group could run with Doleth's idea (2nd-string supervillains trying to team up), if whoever ends up being GM is okay with the idea.

Would that be workable for everyone?

If you get more than 5 people for either thread, I'd recommend starting a 3rd one.

Also, while it's a great way to inflate your IC post count and earn a bunch of PPs at the end of the month, don't feel pressurred into running more simultaneous threads than you're comfortable with. Whenever anyone posts a recruting thread, they always get more candidates than they know what to do with.

If you get more than 5 people for either thread, I'd recommend starting a 3rd one.

Also, while it's a great way to inflate your IC post count and earn a bunch of PPs at the end of the month, don't feel pressurred into running more simultaneous threads than you're comfortable with. Whenever anyone posts a recruting thread, they always get more candidates than they know what to do with.

Well. As stated earlier, I don't feel comfortable GMing yet. Though I definitely want to help the GM out as far as idea-generation goes.

Hence the "rain check". As stated, Sand has (at least nominally) volunteered to run the initial group. Everybody else, keep this thread in mind. Any more people can speak up as well. If nothing else, maybe this will help us keep a PL10 thread running most of the time for various folks. ;)

Okay. For now, registration is closed. I'm working with Sand on some plots. We may move around who's involved, but we have 2 good ideas, so we'll do our best to involve all of the people who expressed interest so far. Keep an eye on this thread for links and details! If you don't make the first story, don't worry. We'll work you into the 2nd one. ;)

Alright, we've got the two stories congealed, but we need to hear from the players!

Story one is about a protection racket and how the heroes put (at least one attempt on it) it down

Characters: Gabriel, Muse, Gaian Knight, Breschau, Powerhouse

Story two is about something in a hospital trying to do something :o

Characters: Gabriel, Seraph, The Jay, Scion, Supercape

Let me (and KnightDisciple) hear your questions and/or comments

Alright, we've got the two stories congealed, but we need to hear from the players!

Story one is about a protection racket and how the heroes put (at least one attempt on it) it down

Characters: Gabriel, Muse, Gaian Knight, Breschau, Powerhouse

Story two is about something in a hospital trying to do something :o

Characters: Gabriel, Seraph, The Jay, Scion, Supercape

Let me (and KnightDisciple) hear your questions and/or comments

For Story 1, we'll have "why everyone's there" taken care of.

For Story 2...Gabriel will be in his civvies, visiting a sick student. We're thinking Seraph's there doing the healing thing, and The Jay is there doing community Service.

Doleth, Supercape, can you guys be thinking on why your characters would be at or near the hospital?