One Pill Makes You Larger... (OOC)

trollthumper

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy's technically Large. And he fails, on a 13. Not only that, but the sheer force of the blast leaves him Stunned.

Now it's Cannonade's turn. Given the state of the guy and Dragonfly's mention of what's going on, he's going to try to get him off his feet -- the old-fashioned way.

And it connects on a 16, which is kind of what happens when the opponent is Stunned. He needs to make a DC22 Toughness save...

And look at that 12! Here's where we stand:

Dragonfly: 19, Unharmed, 2 HP

Cannonade: 13, Unharmed, 1 HP

Freak: 12, Bruised x2, Stunned, Staggered, 1 HP

Slick: 10, Unharmed, 1 HP

Slick, you're up.

Well, he's still Stunned, so yeah, it hits. Now, let's see what happens...

He rolls a 21, which means he's Bruised again. But the Stunning should fade on his turn, if Cannonade doesn't pull off a good attack...

Speaking of, Cannonade's going to make good use of his Improved Grab feat -- he'll attack the guy, then initiate a grapple in case he still needs cause to go down. And he hits on a 21. The behemoth must succeed on a DC22 Toughness save... and he does not, and is Stunned again, so yay for that. Next comes the Grapple...

That's Cannonade's 26 versus... the behemoth's 41. Yeah, not so much. So, here's where we stand:

Dragonfly: 19, Unharmed, 2HP

Cannonade: 13, Unharmed, 1HP

Freak: 12, 4x Bruised, Staggered, Stunned, 1HP

Slick: 10, Unharmed, 1HP

Slick's up again.

Okay, this has gone on quite long enough, sez Dragonfly.

Spending an HP to get Power Attack. Using Power Attack:

Attack Roll vs. Freak (Blast, Power Attack (-5)) (1d20 + 7 - 5=6)

....yeah, okay, no. Second HP to reroll!

Attack Reroll vs. Freak (Blast, Power Attack -5) (1d20 + 7 - 5=5)

That's (3+7-5=5), but by the magic of reroll rules it becomes (13+7-5=15). Horray! Hopefully 15 hits.

Assuming it does, that's a DC27 toughness save, this time.

Well, I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news, but... Yeah. On the other hand, he did fail, so he's down 5 on all Toughness rolls.

So, Cannonade will go the same route, using a -3/+3 Power Attack, coupled with a -3/+3 All-Out Attack, to hopefully put this guy down.

And that's a 9. Screw it. HP.

22. Okay, and with the Power Attack, he's at a DC25 for Toughness save.

...and that's a 26. Hoo boy. Here comes the hurt. He's going to try and punch Cannonade, and...

...he misses! Thank God for small favors. So, current order:

Dragonfly: 19, Unharmed, 0HP

Cannonade: 13, Unharmed, 0HP

Freak: 12, Bruised x5, Staggered, 1HP

Slick, anything in particular you want to do when you get up to the apartment?

Okay, so it's Cannonade's turn, and... a 2? I rolled a freaking 2? Great, now comes the meatball special from the freak...

And that's a 24 versus Cannonade's defense of 15. Christ on a tricycle. And the damage bonus breaks Cannonade's Impervious, which means Cannonade's gotta make a DC27 Toughness save...

Which he does. Thank God. So, current order...

Dragonfly: 19, Unharmed, 0HP

Cannonade: 13, Unharmed, 0HP

Freak: 12, Bruised x5, Staggered, 1HP

Slick is up next.

Yes. Right. Slick is up next. Hmmm.....

Yes.... Right.....

OK. Gonna be looking round the appartment. I figure Mr. Giant isn't going to be Mr. Smart.

Looking for oil (cooking), chilli powder (or something like that), or, if nothing like that, seeing if there is any cabling / wire from the wreckage I can strip out.

I.e. I want to get this guy on his backside!

And he just makes it. Gah. Well, let's see how Cannonade fares -- and this time, I'm doing another All-Out/Power Attack combo, lowering Defense down to 3 to take Damage up to 9.

And that's a hit on a 22. Let's see how the behemoth deals with a DC24 Toughness save...

23. Well, at least that's another Bruised. And now it's the giant's turn to act again. He swings for Cannonade... and botches horribly. So, here's where we stand:

Dragonfly: 19, Unharmed, 0 HP

Cannonade: 13, Unharmed, 0 HP

Freak: 12, Bruised x6, Staggered, 1 HP

Slick: 10, Unharmed, 1 HP

Slick's up next.