Herald Heroes Converge! (IC)

Vivian saw a vision flash before her eyes. She still saw Carson, but he seemed to be dressed all in white. It must have been something in his voice that made her think of the hero she had just met on the rooftops. No...Couldn't be. she thought to herself.

She soldiered on through the conversation, as the vision of the white clad hero faded. "Gee, that sounds so... noble... of you." She gave him a sheepish look, and hung her head slightly. With a sideways glance at the bathroom door behind her she said, "I just couldn't hold it. I talked one of the security guys into letting me go."

Ugh. I hate having to act pathetic. Poor Vivian, helpless little Vivian. Now I'm really upset that I didn't get to kick those guys' asses. Vivian lifted her head once more, "Guess we should start back, huh?"

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carson smiled and shrugged at her explanation. When he next spoke, his normal accent was back. He didn't seem conscious of the change.

"Well, when nature calls, it can be hard to ignore. Don't worry about it. As for noble...eh. I guess. Partly I just didn't want to be locked into a safe room with everyone else. Gets a bit stuffy, you know?"

The crowd was moving normally now. The speakers crackled to life.

"Attention all students and faculty. The rest of this period is canceled, due to the interruption. Next period is canceled as well. Classes resume as normal after that."

There was a cheer from student and faculty alike. Carson himself gave a broad smile as he looked to Vivian.

"There, you see? Even better. I'd given most of my speech anyways. You maybe want to find Amy, go back to the coffee shop for a bit? Or do something else?"

"Attention all students and faculty. The rest of this period is canceled, due to the interruption. Next period is canceled as well. Classes resume as normal after that."

"Sweet!" Vivian's face visibly brightened. "There goes the rest of my day."

"There, you see? Even better. I'd given most of my speech anyways. You maybe want to find Amy, go back to the coffee shop for a bit? Or do something else?"

"Well, since I only had those two classes, I'm free until I have to go to work tonight. I have a few hours to do whatever. We probably should make sure Amy is okay, though." Vivian thoughtfully looked down the hallway at the crowd, hoping to catch a glimpse of her friend.

Carson chuckled at her enthusiasm.

"Well, that lecture was all that was on my plate today. I imagine the other teachers are going to be scrambling to adjust to the schedule. As for Amy...Ah, there she is!"

He sticks his hand in the air and waves. Sure enough, there's Amy, milling about in the crowd, looking for the two of them. She seems to spot Carson's wave and starts heading over for the two of them.

"Thank god you guys are okay!" Amy scolded as she hurried to meet the two. "I didn't see you guys at all in the room they locked us down in. Where were you?"

Amy looked on as both Vivian and Carson thrust their thumbs over their shoulder at the respective bathrooms. "Oh, I see how it is," Amy continued on, "Private party, huh?"

"No! I was legitimately using the restroom!" Vivian responded, To store my things while I went and kicked ass. she concluded the sentence in her thoughts.

Carson smiled naturally even as he was sweating bullets on the inside.

"I was being a responsible authority figure and keeping an eye open for stragglers from the bathrooms and such. This is the only one I found, though."

He tapped Vivian on the shoulder for a second, before both his hands went in his pockets.

"Now then. You ladies want to head off somewhere not here? Coffee shop, some other shop, a park, whatever. I've got the rest of the day, with my youth and stamina to back me up. How about you girls? Vivian said she had work tonight, but that's a ways away. Maybe a movie?"

Carson is rocking back and forth on his feet, looking at a spot in the ceiling as he concentrates on ideas for the three of them.

"Just not as familiar with this side of town, I suppose. Might be nicer taking a walk outside, though."

"Oh, A movie sounds like a good idea." Vivian's eyes suddenly lit up with an idea. "You know what I've been wanting to see? The Expendables!"

Amy shot Vivian a look of disgust. Clearly that was not the type of movie she was interested in. In fact, it was a little strange that a girl like Vivian would like something like that... "Ugh. No way." Amy responded. "Not for me, thanks." She waved away the suggestion with her hand, "If you two want to go, I won't stop you, though. I probably should be studying, anyway."

Gabriel gives Vivian an odd look.

"I thought that one wasn't out for another couple of days? This Friday, I thought."

He shrugs, throwing Amy a wink.

"Anyways, I'd like to see Inception more anyways. I like the director's previous works, and preview make this one look good too. Should have some action for you, Vivian, heady artsy stuff for me, and DiCaprio for Amy to look at, eh?"

His lilting tone indicates he's clearly joking with the girls, but is still serious about his movie pick.

The two girls exchanged a look that told Carson he had pretty much just pegged them to a T. Turning back to Carson, Vivian scolded, "Hey now, who says I don't like looking at DiCaprio." She delivered a subtle wink. "The action is just a plus."

"Yea, I could go for Inception," Amy chimed in. "I wonder when it's playing?"

Carson smirked at both girls.

"Nothing says that, Vivian. But it helps me tell you two apart better. As for time..."

He looks at his watch.

"I bet we can find a theater showing it fairly soon. If we go now."

With that, he shrugged his bag securely over one shoulder, then took each girl by an elbow (conveniently placing himself between them) and tried to gently guide them away. He smiled a 100-watt smile and laid the Irish brogue on a bit thicker than before.

"Shall we, ladies?"