Scion

Doleth

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

Half-human cosmic-powered defender of the weak.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

Scion (Super-heroic identity), Des (to his Friends).

What is your full birth name?

Desmond Vor-Zed Faulkner

Where do you live?

In a small but cozy apartment in Freedom City, near Riverside park.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

24 years old, I was born in ’86.

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

Male.

How would you describe your heritage?

My mother shown me that people like us, with great power, has the responsibility to help those that can’t help themselves, while my father and his people taught me to use my power with some restraint.

How tall are you?

Just tall enough.

What is your body type?

Lean and muscular. My Ultiman metabolism and the intensely physical nature of superhero’s work keep me in great shape.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

Apart from flying super-heroine in miniskirt? Nah.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

As Scion, I carry myself with pride, power and confidence, like a hero and symbol of hope should walk. If I were to compare myself to a beast, it would be the grizzly. However, I’m not really good at stealth. As Desmond, I try to look a little distant and aloof, to keep an aura of mystery.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

I got pale skin and don’t tan that easily, since my mother is of Irish descent. My hair color is auburn, between my father’s blond and my mother’s deep red. My eyes are a pretty plain shade of brown.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

As Scion, I wear my hair in front of my face, as Valentino, my agent, told me that it would be popular among the youth in the US, but personally, I prefer to keep it simple, just long enough to reach my neck. I don’t like to be clean shaved, as I like to feel stumble on my face when I touch it with my hand. I think I’d like to have some sort of goatee, but it would make it too easy to recognize me out of the job.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

I don’t like to brag, but I pretty consistently get a spot when someone makes a top-ten list of attractive comic book writer. However, I’m not quite handsome enough that, if real-life was a table-top game, I would get a bonus in social situation!

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

You try getting scars, tattoos and piercing when you regenerate any wound in less than an hour. I don’t have a birthmark.

Do you resemble anyone famous?

I’ve been told that I look like the guy that plays Stifler in American pie. Personally, I don’t see it.

Do you have a dominant hand?

Yep, the right hand.

What kind of clothing do you wear?

Nothing special, I wear jean and plain t-shirt usually.

Do you wear makeup?

No, except if you count TV appearance where they make you go through the makeup artist, no complaining allowed.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

I got a nice masculine voice, but not too deep.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

When I have a pen or other pen-like object near me, I’ll pretty much always start to play with it, I have no idea why, I’ve been doing it since high school. It doesn’t bother me, but it does annoy people, especially my mother and some of my ex.

History

Where do you come from?

I was born and spent my childhood in the hidden city of Ultima Thule, also known as Hyperborea.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

Well, I just recently moved in Freedom City from Montréal, where I lived since I was twelve.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

I consider myself a citizen of the world.

How do you feel about the place you come from?

Sometime, I miss it; it is a pretty marvelous place that deserves to be seen by many people. However, I find it frustrating that the Ultima hide themselves from the world when they could offer so much!

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

Hidden in the Arctic Circle, I can’t tell you more about it without wiping your memory.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

I’m a hybrid, probable the only one of my kind, and apart for me, one of the youngest Ultima is my father. He’s older than Freedom city, so I was pretty lonely at time. I think it help me develop my imagination to the point that I now draw and write for a living.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

I was always good at drawing and pretty bad at catching balls, so it was a given that I mostly hang-out with geeks and nerds in high school. This once again led me to draw and write for a living.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

When I was a kid, super-heroes would often come to Ultima Thule and visit me. My favorite was the Centurion, so I was pretty shaken up when he stopped coming in 1993, especially since no one told me why. In my childish mind, I thought that it was because of something I did…I only learned the truth much later, how he sacrificed himself to take-down the ultimate menace to our world…I hope that wherever he is now, he watch upon us and sees me and all those other heroes that were inspired by his great deeds and feel the pride that his legacy of heroism and courage is still alive and well.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

I think I just did. If I can name one moment from when I was a teenager however… I was about 15 at the time, helping out my mother at her youth refuge when Jim, a friend from school, came to see me to announce that Sophie, from English class, got beat up by some dealer the night before. While I was still in shock from the news, I asked myself “What would mom do? What would Uncle Centurion do?†It was when I became Scion.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

I may have drawn a mustache and beard on a lost painting that Leonardo Da Vinci did of Aunt Cren Zor the last time she walked the earth…

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

I went to high school in Montréal, it was kinda fun.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

I have some souvenirs from Ultima Thule, including a high tech pen with changeable properties and a set of miniature mythological beast automaton made by Daedalus for my sixth birthday.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

See a couple of question ago.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

It’s mostly the same; I just change some details since Ultima Thule is a secret land.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

Not that I know of…Sure, my uncle is one of the strongest super-villain on earth, but he’s in the Zero-Zone, we should be fine.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

I try to separate Scion from Desmond, so people won’t make the connection between the two. My real self is a gestalt of the two.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?

I think it would put the people around me at risk, as my enemies could use them to get to me. I will protect my secret identity as far as I can without hurting the innocent or killing the wicked.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

Nah.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

My mother is Florence Faulkner and my father is Ator-Zed. He uses the name Arthur Zoric among humans.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

yes

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

My mother runs a refuge for young meta-human and other youth in need and she used to be the Ice Queen, defender of Québec. As such she is very well respected in the community. My father is a History teacher at McGill University and he is very well respected for his detailed knowledge of history.

Where are your parents now?

They still live in Montréal.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

Apart from when we moved from Hyperborea to Montréal, we pretty much stayed at the same place.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

I respect and love my parents very much and they come over once in a while, or I go visit them.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

While my mother thinks that I show-off too much and my father is afraid that I will attract the attention of the Ultima by being so flashy, they are generally proud of the way I use my power to help those in need.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

I am an only child, as far as I know.

What was your birth order in the family?

I am the elder, the cadet and the middle child.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?

I’m guessing they are in various alternate universes where I have siblings, doing an infinite number of things.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

Not really no.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

I have never met him personally, but I believe that my uncle Kal-Zed is a tool and an arrogant monster undeserving to be in the same family as my father.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

In a way, you could consider my parents as mentors. My mother is always happy to show me how to be a better super-hero and my father like to help me train my power.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

My relatives on my father side would be pretty pissed-off if they knew I have cosmic power and my father didn’t tell them. Also, my uncle is a psychotic super-villain who likes to call himself Superior.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

Apart from Superior, I come from a long line of heroes from my mother side, some regular, some super.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

Nop.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

Of course! One of the only things that would stop me from eventually geting children would be the knowledge that my kids will cause the end of the world as we know it.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

A woman that can see past the mask to the real man that is Desmond V. Faulkner, someone who would understand my need to help others, someone with her heart at the right place and someone who I could trust with all my secrets would be a terrific soul mate. Ideally, I’d like her to be a metahuman, so we could work together as a battle couple or at least so she could defend herself in case of criminals attack. Being a tall attractive pale-skinned brunette would be a great bonus if we’re going for hypothetical perfect mate.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

My friends are in Québec since I just got in Freedom City except for Valentino Falco, my “agent†and good friend. At the first glance, he looks like a cowardly guy who only care about money, but I know that he is a really good person in the inside. I met him when I saved his sorry ass from a bunch of gangster and he found out my secret identity.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

I guess Valentino is my best friend.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

My parents, my agent and probably my readers.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

I got a couple of ex-girlfriends, but nothing seriously bad happened.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

Not that I know of.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

I don’t have any real enemies that I know of, but if I did, I guess they would team up to try to bring me down.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

Nothing really comes to mind. The Alpha-Centurion dirtying the name of Centurion by posing as him come close, but it has nothing to do with me personally.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

I’m loyal to the people in need first, to my family and friend second then to the public and lastly to myself.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

My father, he is the wisest man I know.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

Bigots and those that abuse their power to make others suffer!

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

Courage, honor and selflessness. I’m not as selfless as I could be and I don’t know if I’d consider myself honorable, but I breathe courage!

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

Overconfidence. Yes, yes I do!

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

I’m secretly the comic artist and writer Desmond V. Faulkner! Only my parents and Valentino know about it currently, but I wouldn’t mind revealing it to people I trust.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

I never really worked in a group as Scion, but I think I would be able to be on a team just fine. I’d prefer leading, but I don’t have the skill and personality t do it well, so it would be better if I follow.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

I’m currently not.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

I’m currently not.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

The Centurion and my mother Ice Queen.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

No

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

I absolutely love to be a hero! The best part is seeing the gratitude in the eyes of those I save.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

I don’t think so!

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

I’d like to be part of a super-team, maybe the Freedom League.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

I hope to still be able to be a super-hero by then! I’d also like to have my own family and visit outer space!

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

I think failing to save a live is the scariest thing that could happen to me. Thankfully, it never did, so I don’t know what I would do.

Is there anything you would give you life for?

The greater good of the world I think.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

Honestly, I'd like to be wealthy and successful, but I do give a share of my salary to various good cause. I also like to throw party to thank the fans of my comics.

How do you generally treat others?

Even if I sometime look as if I think myself better than other, I give everyone the respect and dignity that they deserve.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

I tend to see the best in people, but I still keep to myself to be on the safe side.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

I’m extroverted, but I tend to act distant as Desmond, I have a lot of self-confidence.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

I do the traditional Ultima seduction dance. Seriously, if I think she’s interested I’ll go talk to her. If the sparks fly, I’ll ask her out. If thing go really well, Barry White and Jello shot?

What are your most annoying habits?

Apart from what was already said, I think my over-confidence as Scion do annoy some people.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

Criminals, in particular those who commit really heinous crimes like murder.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

My two favorite foods are sushi and delicious burger. I eat fast, but I still take the time to enjoy it.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

I’m partial to ice tea and spiced rum.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

Mom’s sugar pie!

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

I’m always ready to try new food, so nothing come to mind at this time.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

I like green and gold.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

I love hard rock more than any other genre. While I may dislike so sort of music, I don’t hate any of them.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

Nothing come to mind.

Do you have a favorite animal?

I love dog and I have a red and white Siberian husky at home.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

A collection of drawings of me by kids given as thanks for saving their school from Sewer Shark, a small-time supervillain in Montréal. When I feel down, I just need to look at it to remember that what I’m doing is worth it.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

I’d rather lie in my big comfy bed and eat in a fine restaurant than sleeping in the mud and hunting my own food.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Anything that include killing people or going against the general interest of the population.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?

Not really.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

No.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?

I’m really not the religious type.

Could you kill? Have you killed?

I never killed and I hope that I never will.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

My upbringing.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

I don’t think there is, but I guess could be wrong.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

If it was an enemy, I would treat him as any other murderer, so I’d kick his ass and throw him in jail. If it was a friend…then I would try to understand why, as there must be an explanation. Depending of the reason, I may have to kick that friend ass and throw him in jail.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

I’d react with indignation.

How would you react to public humiliation?

It would be pretty sad, but ultimately I would still carry on my duty as protector of the weak.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

I would probably blame myself as I should have been able to save them.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Killing your mate and kids, it’s the worst possible betrayal!

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

I never really ask myself this question, considering that I’m about immortal but here’s some idea.

1. Reveal that I am Desmond V. Faulkner.

2. Spend a couple hours with my family.

3. Throw a massive party.

4. Threesome with Scarlet Johansson and Megan Fox.

5. Fight crime

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

My mother taught me how a superhero should act.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

My father trained me in the use of my abilities, especially how to restrain my strength as I can destroy a car by slamming the door too hard.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

Nothing special, I’m a good writer and artist because I wrote and drawn since I was young.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

I’m a comic book artist and writer.

What is your preferred combat style?

I prefer to fight up close and personal with my giant club.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

I have received many thanks for my work as a superhero in Montréal and I did receive an award for best new writer back in 2005.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

I think my art could be better and I really want to learn how to cook.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

I’m a little jealous, but I mostly try to learn.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

When the sun goes up, I go out for a walk in Riverside Park with my dog Fenris, then I eat breakfast at some local restaurant before returning home working on a page or story. After lunch, I patrol the city as Scion and make some public appearance, and then if nothing happen I return home to work on my comics. I redo the same thing after supper and a couple of time during the night. I like when unexpected things happen.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

I like to read comic, watch sci-fi movie and play tabletop game. When I have the time, I like to drop by locals comic and hobby store as Desmond and talk or play with the customer.

What do you do for fun?

I sometime go out to visit the various night club and bar of Freedom City when I don’t feel too geeky.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

A one piece dark green spandex suit with gold part, metal shoulder pad, leather belt, golden goggle.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

Jeans and T-shirt, as I said earlier.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

I don’t go to bed most night since I don’t need to sleep, but when I do, usually nothing.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

No.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

Not really.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

I prefer to walk or fly, but I have a black 2004 Sunfire when these options are not available.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

No, since I’m pretty sure I’m immortal.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

Just waits a day or two, and if the body is still destroyed beyond recognition and not moving around with my handsome face, then it wasn’t me.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

My superheroing and my writing.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

Don’t think so, I am usually cautious to lure my enemies away from the public.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

My ability to create various objects that can be use in an infinite number of ways.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

My over-confidence is my weakness.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

Stop being so proud of your power, you’re still just a rookie compare to other heroes.

• 6 months later...