A Sudden Arrival (IC)

Agent A

"That was you?" Mark asked in a rare successful leap. "And now she's helping you get in?" It was a surprising piece of perspicacity for the scatter-brained teen, who quickly added, "I didn't, uh, peek at your file or anything, but that's more common than you think. A kid gets in trouble, but the hero who catches them helps sponsor them for membership at the school." He shrugged. "So anyway, you were telling the story, not me. Why were you trying to rob the museum?" he asked suddenly. "I mean you're really rich. Was it just for fun, or what?"

Tasha nodded that she too had at least heard of the event and waited for Dimitri to further explain his actions. It was good that the school recognized that everyone deserved a second chance. Not that she had needed one, but it was a philosophy that she firmly believed in and supported. Given her sight, she could see the worst that people would do, and being an optimist she was convinced that given a chance they would do their best to prevent those actions.

"I suppose so. I never took anything. It was...a challenge, I suppose would be the way to put it? It was a rush I got addicted to." Dimitri sighed, running a hand through his hair awkwardly before going on. "I suppose I indulged in that fault of most young men and tried to show up my father. Not that it went well. She has a meaner right hook than you might expect." Dimitri had a small chuckle before continuing. "But I'm trying to turn over a new leaf. I was able to get community service, as well as some hefty fines. And I'm looking into using my gifts for something more...substantial."

"That's certainly good to hear. Claremont's had a few graduates turn to crime, and a few dropouts, but we've got a really solid record." Mark looked around and leaned close to whisper, "At prom this summer, one of our students went crazy and tried to run me and my friends over after one of my teammates slept with his girlfriend. I'd never seen anyone make a face heel turn right in front of me like that before." It was, as the others were beginning to realize, a little hard to tell how serious Mark was: most people didn't use comic book terms to talk about things that happened in their real life! But Mark was a special case. "Does your dad know you're a student here?"

"Well, I never hurt anyone physically. Including my new ladybird friend; that wasn't much of a fight. And I probably won't end up sleeping with anyone's girlfriend any time soon, so that won't be a problem." Dimitri chuckled a bit, running a hand through his hair once more. He shook his head at Mark's question. "I'm not certain he knows I exist, though my...little stunt might have caught his attention. Perhaps that's why I did it? I don't really know myself. Anyway, we don't exactly exchange Christmas cards."

Dimitri paused for a second, before smiling again. "That sounded more bitter than I meant for it to. My past is squared away for the most part. Though I do admit I'd like a crack at catching him, myself. What's the phrase; it takes a thief to catch a thief? But that's neither here nor there."