Giant Dragon Bees! [IC]

Gizmo

Jack raised an eyebrow behind his bandanna mask as Wander pulled at her hair. It was an unconscious gesture he recognized immediately from his own sister, who must have been fairly close to the Claremont student's age. "Yeah, like she said, don't worry about it," he told the bees, "These things happen. Could you give us a sec?" Moving over to Wander, he lowered his tone and turned away from the massive insects. "Hey, kid, you okay? You seemed a little rattled, there."

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm fine," Erin told him, crossing her arms over her chest, then uncrossing them when she realized how defensive she looked. "I just feel kind of bad for them. They didn't ask for the situation they're in. I just hope we're not lying about them ending up someplace nice." She suspected the too-witty swordsman would just laugh at her if she admitted she felt empathy for the giant fire-breathing bees, but she knew how it sucked having nowhere to go. "Cleaning up after fights isn't my strong point."

Jack let out a short, sharp breath in agreement. "Girl, I hear that. The non-punching part of punching is a serious drag." He nodded toward the giant bees. "I wouldn't worry, Fleur's good people. If she says she found a good spot, she did. She hangs out with Dark Star, which gives you a pretty good idea of her position on the 'boyscout to Mother Teresa' scale." He rubbed the back of his neck. He wasn't great at dealing with teenagers, but even to him it was clear that Wander was disconcerted over something. "These guys got the short end of the, uh, honeycomb? I guess? Anyway, she'll make sure they're taken care of."

"That's good," Erin said with a nod. She rolled up her uniform sleeve to look at her watch, the latest five-dollar plastic thing she'd picked up from Walmart. She'd spent more on an unbreakable one initially, but after it had broken almost immediately, she'd decided it was easier to just get the cheap ones and replace them. "Crap, I was supposed to meet up with Psyche half an hour ago for calculus." She looked to the bees, then over to Jack. "Do you mind handling this till someone gets here to move them?"

Jack laughed easily. "No sweat, kid. A calculus test is definitely the greater evil here. Good luck." He was glad to hear Wander was hanging out with Albright; during their brief meeting out of costume, the diminutive psychic had impressed him. The fencer was confident she'd help the taller girl deal with whatever was bugging her. "Take it easy, Wander," he told her by way of farewell, giving the teen a nod deep enough to border of being a bow. "Good working with you."

"Thanks, you too." Wander nodded back, then cracked a quick smile before launching into another prodigious leap that carried her back towards the city. Maybe the swordsman wasn't as bad as she thought, she allowed as she headed back towards the school. He was pretty good in a fight, and didn't balk at getting thrown around by a girl the way some guys did. She still didn't think she'd want to hang around with him outside of doing hero stuff, but he was okay. He was also going to have a long walk back, she thought belatedly, but hopefully whoever was coming to deal with the bees would give him a ride.

As Jack watched Wander disappear into the distance, he suddenly frowned. "Wait. How am I gonna make it back to the city now?" Judging the distance between the cornfield and the nearest building to grapple from, he smacked a gloved hand into his face. "Nertz." Turning to the gargantuan bees, he prepared for a long wait. "So... anybody want to play par-bee-si?"