Dancin' in the Streets

Lone Star

She sighed, following the thugs out the door. Little lights on the backs of her gauntlets lit up as she went, a force field like a distorted outline around her profile springing into being. never simple - always criminals nearby - city must be a great place to do business to have this many thugs and cults

Out in the street Dragonfly flexed a hand, one of her gauntlets emitting a low electronic whining noise as she circled the thugs to ensure no civilians were behind her.

KC, standing behind her, rushed forward, and summoned a mystic fireball in the palm of his hand. Roaring a battle cry, he dashed at one of them, and grabbed him by his collar. He held him off the ground, and sent a pulse of mystic power through his arm. The man screamed as his body was immolated in the green flame. When KC dropped him, the flames extinguished immediately. His fire didn't burn the skin, but burnt his very soul. The man was passed out, needless to say.

"See? Easy. Give it a shot, Dragonfly. These guys are punching bags."

Dragonfly raised an eyebrow. magic - fire no burns? - attack on mind aura spirit - showing off? "Think you enjoyed that a bit too much."

Raising her arm and pointing the whining gauntlet at the remaining thug, she let loose a small shockwave of fractured space - a twisting, rippling distortion that looked nothing so much as if someone had taken scissors to reality and then pasted the pieces back together in all the wrong order. Whatever it was, it lifted the man clean off his feet for a moment before he collapsed in a crumpled heap. "Not going to ask what you did to him. Suspect...I don't want to know. Any reason they're after you?"

"I'd like to ask what you did to him too. But they're not after me, they're after my book." KC whipped a small book out of his backpack. It was a leatherbound, clearly aged, with silver symbols on the front. "The Necronomicon. The source of my powers. Not unlike the copy from Evil Dead, this book contains enough magical mumbo-jumbo to seriously mess up our world if it got into the wrong hands."

the wrong hands - one wonders - not one to judge I suppose "Evil Dead?"

Walking over to her KO'd thug, she grabbed him by the neck of his clothing and dragged him over to the nearest fixed upright structure, pulling some plastic zipties out of her belt and securing him a little better than was probably absolutely necessary. "Don't know what that is...will take your word for it." note - look up 'Evil Dead'

"Aiming's the easy part. Point and fire. Not as interesting." She shrugged, putting the leftover ties back in their place, watching the binding spell. magic - unknown rules? - sustained power source - feedback? - need more information

"Now? Probably...home. Apparently have work to do. Why?"

cute - likely not dignified - but cute

Folding one arm under the other, she stared at the open phone for a bit without bothering to touch any buttons. Somewhere behind her eyes, barely visible under the visor, little lights danced as the screen twitched and flickered, bits of image and text flying by faster than could be caught. Finally, after a few minutes of being motionless, she tossed it back to him. "Now you have my...'digits'. Phone will also run faster. Probably voided your warranty."

KC took the phone back and looked at it in puzzlement. "Thanks? If I may say, that was a little strange. But what am I saying? I'm the one who looks like Cthulhu. You know what, Dragonfly? You're pretty cool. Hope to see you around. I'll call you sometime!" he said as he took off into the skies. He was grinning the whole way back.