Red Hot Science (IC) (OPEN)

"Oh, that reminds me!" exclaimed Guardian. "I never did thank you properly for leaving me to deal with all four of those red infected men. Thankfully, nothing too bad happened. A fireman got hit, but luckily he wasn't infected. We should probably go check them and make sure they're clean before they wake up, though."

Moving towards Supercape, Guardian extended his hand to him, as well. "So, you two seem to know each other fairly well. Am I going to be introduced, or am I going to have to settle for not knowing?"

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Supercape", Quentin replied, holding out a dusty hand after he had carefully stood up.

He surveyed the wreckage, mourning the loss of such marvellous equipment.

"Yes, we should check up on the Firemen. As far as I can detect, the crisis is over, but I don't want to be anything less than certain. "

He paused, remembering the initial explosions. "Also, the young lady, Haley Hearts, who got caught up in this.... I actually sent her to get help. I'd best check she is all right too. He looked down at his clothes. Perhaps not in these threads, however he added to himself, and gave a wink to Sparksmith.

"Oh!" Sparky laughed. "Sorry about that, Guardian. Not a big fan of hitting innocent civilians. I knew you'd be able to take care of them. You could see Sparksmith's hands moving as he spoke, but he was still laying down. Also, Guardian, this is Supercape, Supercpe, meet Guardian."

Sparksmith finally got up, a bit bruised, but recovered from the stun of the blast quickly. He walked around the room, looking at the destruction that the accident had caused.

All right, Cape, that's a good idea. I think another check around campus would be a wise decision, then, I don't know about you, but I'm probably going to call it a day unless something really bad pops up. Also, Cape, you should know, she's the one who explained the situation to me and told me where to find the Professor. If you see him before I do, let him know he should be very grateful to her."

"Yeah, funny thing, Sparks. I don't like hitting civilians either, so some help to contain them would have been nice." Putting his hands behind his head in a relaxed fashion, Guardian continued. "Still, it seems that your help was useful, wherever you were, so I'm not upset."

Turning his attention back towards Supercape, he said "Hello there, nice to meet you, Supercape. Although, I do have to wonder, where does that name come from? It's certainly one of the more unique hero names I've heard in my life. Also, would that blast have taken care of all those infected people, or just him?", pointing to Liebniz.

"According to my calculations", said Supercape, "the plague is over. "

He started to piece together the various computers and sensors in the laboratory. After a few moments, he turned to the hero's relief on his face.

"No residual energy detected. We are in the clear!"

He shook both of the heroes hands. "Could one of you take this poor chap to hospital?" he asked, pointing at the battered form of Liebniz. "As for me, I need to be off. "

With a merry wave, he proceeded to fly out of the wrecked laboratory, and as soon as he was out of sight, his clothes fluxed and reformed into the tweed jacket and bow tie of Professor Quill. Landing gently, he proceeded to half run, half amble, out of the building towards the coffee shop that had housed Haley.

"Will do, Cape. Good luck." He smiled as Supercape left, and then turned to Guardian.

"All right, Guardian. Since you've all ready made friends with the fire department. I'm going to take the professor here to the hospital. My father should be able to fix him up just fine. If you could double check with the firepeople to see if they need anymore help, that'd be awesome. You have my number. If you need any more help, give me a call.

Sparky sent out a single spark to hold Liebniz and floated up, tethering him by his side.

"I'll see you later!" He called out as he flew off, the spark containing Liebniz following closely behind.

Haley was shaken, but not stirred.

"Oh professor, thank heavens you are all right! I was so worried!"

Quentin dusted off his tweed jacket. "The heavens had nothing to do with it, dear lady. Three fine heroes saved the day. Guardian, Sparksmith..."

He showed a little twinkle in his eye.

"And this chap with a simply splendid Cape..."

Over a cup of green tea, he proceeded to tell Haley what had happened. With only a little embellishment. He had earned that much.

"...'You have my number?' Ah well, whatever, I don't need to pry." Nodding as Sparksmith left, and managed to get out of earshot before Guardian could speak up, he flew back to the firemen, and offered his assistance. Once he got the injured fireman back up, he flew through the university to make sure everything was ok, and that the infection had in fact disappeared, before flying the three men that he knocked out to the hospital, just in case. "All in all, this could have ended up worse. Hopefully there aren't any lingering side effects, but that was a doozy of an event. It seems like everyone will be fine, though."