Red Hot Science (IC) (OPEN)

Not actually having heard Sparksmith's yell to not blow, over the whooshing in the hallways, Guardian went back and gave a quick punch to knock out the man in the cage, to prevent him from getting loose and attacking the other people. Following that, he decided to fly through the university, bits of debris, smoke, and soot sticking to his face while he was doing so. As he was checking around to make sure he wasn't missing anyone, Guardian overheard a loud, somewhat deep growl coming from down the hallway.

"Oh joy. That sounds fun. Well, I guess I better go see what's causing it, it doesn't sound like those glowing things from before."

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supercape

"Right then, time to start acting like a superhero." Muttered Supercape

He had the cape, he had the power, now, he would display the courage. He hoped.

With a swish of cloth, he reformed himself on the other side of the room, hidden in the dense smoke. It was hard to see in and out of it, but of course he didn't need to see.

Sensing the mass of Anti-Liebniz, he mentally started disentangling the atoms in the hulking brute. But the beast merely roared. It was no good, he could barely shift more than a few electrons.

"Damm that thing's tough" he shouted out. "Maybe too tough..." he added to himself. But there may be other possibilities...

Sparksmith knew he couldn't stand around forever. The holding cell for the infected man would dissipate if he formed any weapons, but the creature was massive. If he didn't attack, he and Supercape would be in serious trouble. Then he remembered Guardian outside, the guy who just breathed into the building to put out the fire. He'll take care of it.

Sparksmith formed a halberd in his hands out of blue-green energy. He spun the weapon in his hands. "I don't use this often, but when I do..." Sparksmith's eyes started glowing with the same color. "...it HURTS."

Sparky ran up to the beast. As he did, he felt as if he had smashed through another window. Unfazed, Sparky pointed the weapon down and jumped up, spinning gracefully in the air. At the peak of his jump, the weapon extended, the blade slashing at the monster's body multiple times. With each hit, the energy weapon crackled, causing tiny sparks to release from the weapon's blade. Each of them bursting against the monster's body.

As soon as he landed, he backed up to his original position.

Guardian flew through the hallways as fast as he could, the dust and debris previously stirred up from earlier trailing behind him. Bursting through the doors to the central lab, where he heard the roar, he saw Sparksmith and someone he hadn't seen before on one side, and someone who looked like the guy he knocked unconscious just outside, except that he was covered in muscles, quite large, and looked like a photo negative, all of which was fairly intimidating. That being said, he went up and punched the brute as hard as he could, and got an unexpected surprise.

"Ow ow ow ow OW! That's HOT! The others I didn't even feel, how did this one get through?" Shaking the hand he used to punch with in the air, he just kind of floated in front of the hulking guy, stunned by the very unexpected pain.

Supercape

The Hulking brute seemed able to shrug off his attempts to subdue it. It looked like Guardian and Sparksmith where having a little more luck, but only by putting everything they had into it.

Supercape started examining the pulsing particle accelerator. It seemed caught up in some feedback loop, and he could sense the invisible energy streams pulsing around it.

He quickly glanced at the computer readout...

"Hold on chaps, I may just have something here!" he yelled.

Sparksmith runs in an arch around the brute, standing by him before rubbing his hands together.

"Hold on? Hold on? We're fighting a giant Anti-Scientist, and you want us to 'hold on?'...Good idea."

Sparksmith opened his hands to reveal a small spark. He squeezed it, and it grew a bit larger-- about as large as his hand.

"I hope this works." He looked at the spark in his hand before tossing it at the Hulking Brute. As the spark entered the brute's aura, the blue-green energy crackled into different colors. The spark was able to keep it's shape as it cut through the nega-energy. Upon contact, the orb expanded exponentially, forming a dome around the monster, not giving him much room to maneuver. The dome seemed to have a familiar design.

"Heh, look, I caught a Pokemon... I think I'll name him... 'Bubbles.'" Sparky chuckled a bit while his arms extended toward the dome. A drop of sweat came down his cheek as he stared intently at the caged brute.

"Okay. Now that I'm 'holding on,' what do you have?"

GM

The cage formed by Sparksmith snapped and sizzled as it came into contact with Anti-Liebniz. It was like watching a picture rapidly alternate between its positive and negative images. The whole room lit up and darkened with the flickering image, creating an eerie ambiance with the last remnants of smoke curling around.

The beast was roaring but still dazed by the twin attacks of Guardian and Sparksmith. It seemed to be recovering quickly, with its bruised and battered flesh glowing even an more bright shade of red.

While continuing to pummel away at this negative tower of meat, Guardian called out to Supercape, yelling "Hey, mister? Whatever you're doing, could you speed it up? He seems to be recovering damage about as fast as we can deal it.", while delivering a solid blow. To Guardian's annoyance, however, the bloody-looking brute seemed to shrug off the attack, with the only damage being Guardian's sense of calm. "GAH! This is so annoying. It's like I'm trying to run a marathon on a treadmill!"

Supercape

After a few more seconds looking at the data, it clicked into place. Only a hypothesis, for sure, but enough to be going on.

"Chaps! This thing isn't human! its just pure negative energy derived from Liebniz. I think we can put and end to the entire thing!"

He punched up a few figures on the computer.

"If we get Liebniz and this thing to touch... it will release an nullifying blast that will eradicate all the energy fluctuations. Like matter and antimatter. Sort of. Thing."

"Get them to touch! That will finish the job!"

I hope he muttered to himself.

"Ok, let me guess. That's the guy I removed from the building earlier, right? Okay. Since I'm a bit preoccupied with my new pet..." He motions to his not-so-pocket-sized monster. "One of you two has to go get him and bring him back in here, but before we do, Cape, is there ANY chance that instead of fixing this entire thing, that they'll just combine into something larger? I can't tell you how many times I've seen that happen in games.

Sparksmith keeps his arms outstretched towards the Pokeball. Although he doesn't show a very large amount of effort, another bead of sweat drips down his face.

GM

A massive roar emitted from the cage Sparksmith had created, and it fizzed with energy. One moment letter, an enormous red fist smashed through the energy barrier. Then another. A short circuit of black lightning appeared, and the cage integrity collapsed, leaving a snarling, glowing, and very angry giant looming over Sparksmith with fury in its eyes.

"CRUUUUUUUSH LLLLLLLLLLITTTTTTTTLE MAAAAAAAAN!" It bellowed, its scream actually blowing Sparksmith's hair. Its muscles contorted and bulged with frightening power.

"Shoot, the Pokemon broke free!" He quoted the video game just before the monster spoke.

"AH...oh... h...hey guys... better idea... L..let me run outside...grab that guy... bring him back over here...I...I can j..j...just.. ya know, carry him in a..a..thing.

Sparky had been shook up from the brute's scream. His force field fluctuated around him, making it seem like some sort of static were interfering.

A little annoyed that the hulking man had broken free of the cage, and slightly unnerved at the roar himself, Guardian noticed Sparksmith shaken up, moving to get in-between him and the monstrous man. Continuing the fight, Guardian asked Supercape "Wait, did you say it would be like matter and anti-matter? When those two things connect, doesn't that usually result in either a huge explosion or both the original and the anti version blinking out of existence? He may be infected, but he's still an innocent civilian, and I won't let him be killed or erased."

Landing another solid blow on the anti-matter man, Guardian noticed how this time, it felt more like putting his hand next to an open flame than it did putting his hand into one. "I guess knowing about it helps me prepare for it, mentally. I'm not being damaged by him anymore, and it seems that that last hit did some actual damage this time, although I bet he's going to recover from it."

Supercape

Understandable concern.

"It's not anti-matter, its anti-energy. Complex stuff. You see, if you differentiate the Heisengbergian fractal of the imaginary power to the nth degree..."

Realising this wasn't really a maths class, he caught himself.

"Never mind. The energy pulse will be selective, just neutralising the infection. There may be some slightly local effects however, so you may wish to take cover. You look like a big strong lad though!"

He hoped Sparksmith would be back soon. Guardian was indeed tough, but this creature was powerful. He extended his mind's eye into the hulking figure and once again tried to weaken its molecular bonds. Goodness the creature was tough! but he felt the cohesion weaken slightly this time.

O..Okay, Cape... I'm g..gonna go get Libnez... I'll b...be waiting behind the door. J...Just call me in when y... you guys are ready...

Sparksmith was still shaken up, but not enough to think clearly. His flight speed and his sparks were the only things fast enough to safely transport an infected being. He flew through the doors to the bright sunny day outside. The smoke had almost completely cleared. Sparky waved to the firepersons as he swooped down with a giant energy ice-cream scooper to pick up the scientist he had wrapped up earlier. He flew with the not-so-hulking figure in front of him until he went back inside to the door to the lab. Once there, he took cover behind the door, holding the scientist in the energy scooper. He added a small dome over it, just in case, and waited for Cape to give him the signal.

GM

Enraged, the pulsating man clumsily swung its giant fist at Guardian. It was clumsy, but powerful. A more direct hit may have even hurt Guardian, but power is nothing without control. It's fist glanced off Guardian's nigh - impenetrable form.

For all its incandescent power, the man was not blessed with the intellect of the original Liebniz, fortunately. Engrossed at it was with Guardian, it paid scant or no attention the glowing lattice of energy holding his mirror image that Sparksmith had transported to the laboratory...

Supercape

"Now! Throw them together! And take cover if you can!"

For the sake of theatrics more than anything else, Supercape tried another sizzling sprinkle of radiation on the negative Liebniz, but he may as well have been attacking it with air freshener for all the good it was doing.

Never mind, hopefully the collision of the two Liebniz' would work.

Mentally, he squeezed all he could into his protective forcefield, anticipating the blast.

And crossed his fingers...

The brute turned his attention towards Guardian, punching... and missing completely. That being said, Guardian could feel the strength behind that punch even though he wasn't hit by it, and so decided to try and knock him out to make Sparksmith's job easier. Unfortunately, Guardian did the same thing that the pulsating man did, and completely missed his target. Only then did he notice Sparksmith by the door, with the positive counterpart in hand, looking at the third superhero in the room, presumably to wait for an "OK" to get the two into contact.

At Cape's command, Sparksmith bursts through the doors to the laboratory, shining a brilliant blue-green with an infected professor inside of what looked like a large syringe. At second glance, Sparky's force field had changed into something resembling a lab coat. With an arm outstretched upward and a single finger in the air, Kurt shouted, "Stand back! I'm going to try science!"

A smirk crept across his face as he threw the "syringe" at the hulking anti-professor. The needle "penetrated" the beast's head all too easily, while in reality, it was simply the energy construct phasing through him. As the two Liebnez collided, Sparky looked around. "I said 'STAND BACK!'"

With the "ck" of "back," A thick wall sprouted from Kurt's hands which were now outstretched, palm open, left and right. The wall formed into something resembling the Great Wall of China as it encircled the room. The wall crept forward enough to stand guarding the heroes before a dome spawned above it (and, unseen, below it) to shield the building from the imminent danger.

GM

As Liebniz collided with his mirror image, the room tingled. There was a kind of sucking, kind of silent sound, almost "negative" sound, and a brief pause.

WHHHHHHOOOOOMPH!

The mirror image of Liebniz folded up on itself, collapsing almost instantly, then the concussive blast started. It ripped apart Sparksmith's protective barrier, and hit the three heroes. All the windows smashed, and the walls cracked. The Particle accelerator was thrown, and it punched a hole into a neighbouring room before fizzing and exploding itself. The sound was deafening, and the force extreme. If it hadn't of been contained, the explosion would have been much worse, devastating in fact. Even with the containment it packed a punch.

Supercape

Despite squeezing everything he had into the protective force field that enveloped him, the explosion ripped the atomic lattice to shreds, and threw Cape to the wall.

His head was ringing, his ears singing, and all the wind had gone from him. The world seemed to briefly go double. Dazed as he was, his acute esoteric senses only caught the impressions of the strange energy changes and gravitation distortions that coursed through the immediate vicinity.

Covered in dust, and slumped against a wall, he groaned.

"Good lord. That was a bit much..."

On the positive side, the anti-Liebniz had gone, as had the radioactive glow around his academic nemesis, Liebniz himself, who appeared quite unharmed.

Must by the eye of the storm. He will be back in action shredding my academic reputation in no time... thought Supercape, ruefully.

As the Great Wall dissolved before him, Sparksmith took the rest of the blast full force. His force field also failing to absorb the blast fully, Sparksmith is lifted from his feet, going much farther up than back, hitting the wall where it meets the ceiling, then falling to the floor face-first.

"Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwch..."

Was the only thing to come out of his mouth. He rolled himself over and just laid there for a bit. Otherwise, unable to move.

"H...hey, Cape...did we win?"

Guardian got back as Sparksmith requested, and got ready for a mild explosion... and got a humongous one instead. "Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Good sweet mercy that hurts." Getting knocked over his feet, he picked himself back up, and flew over to Sparksmith, outstretching a hand for him to grab onto, in order to help pull himself up. ""Hey, you guys ok? That explosion was MASSIVE. I hope there aren't any lingering effects.

Supercape

Exhausted, Supercape was content just to lean, seated, against the cracked wall he had slammed into. his body still smarted, but there were no broken bones. All he could face at the moment was half heartedly dusting himself off. His cape was tattered, but he didn't have the energy to reform it quite yet.

"That should do it, chaps. Energy fluctuations back to normal now. None of that anti-energy nonsense. "

He sighed. "Liebniz seem's to be allright. I suppose the rest of the SHIP building needs checking over, but the fire department should be able to handle that, if someone could inform them. As for me, I just need to sit here a few minutes until the ringing in my ears stops."

"Well done, well done indeed. "

Kurt grabbed Guardian's hand and pulled himself up. "Ah... Thanks Guard." He brushed himself off and smiled, looking around the lab, then back at Liebnez. "Yeah. I'd agree, Supercape. That was pretty well done. Do you think the Dark Doctor will remember anything? I'm guessing no, but I don't think he'd be too happy with a guy who put him inside a Pokeball." After a few seconds, Kurt got a surprised look on his face.

"Oh, Cape, before I forget, one of the students... uh... oh right, Haley Heart. I took her to the Starbase Coffee down the road to get her out of the danger. I told her I'd go get her when everything calmed down. You might want to go pick her up and take her to Professor Quill. She'd probably appreciate a familiar face right about now." He winked at him, keeping the secret identity.