[Question] Feats and Posting Order During Combat

Shadowboxer

Currently I'm playing a combat-orientated character who uses feats and skills rather than powers. That means that during my turn in combat I'll be using multiple feats at a time. So far I haven't had a problem; however, some feats either require the target to make a save or I have to make multiple rolls or actions to determine of the feat was successful. For example, if I use the Move-by Action feat, my character can move, attack then move again. Should I wait until my opponent makes a Toughness save before I move again, or just describe the entire action in one post?

Generally speaking, when using multiple or complex feats, is there a posting style that would ensure combat is streamlined?

Currently I'm playing a combat-orientated character who uses feats and skills rather than powers. That means that during my turn in combat I'll be using multiple feats at a time. So far I haven't had a problem; however, some feats either require the target to make a save or I have to make multiple rolls or actions to determine of the feat was successful. For example, if I use the Move-by Action feat, my character can move, attack then move again. Should I wait until my opponent makes a Toughness save before I move again, or just describe the entire action in one post?

Generally speaking, when using multiple or complex feats, is there a posting style that would ensure combat is streamlined?

If a Ref is actively GMing your thread, ask him. Different Refs may want to do things differently, depending on a variety of circumstances.

In general I would say as much as you can avoid waiting, avoid waiting. If you use move-by attack to move and attack and want to wait to see how well your attack fared before finishing your move, then you have to wait. There's no way around that. Me personally . . . I would not hold up a thread for a few days just to gain some small strategic advantage. I'd just post my whole action and sort out the details later.

But that's just me. Other players and other Refs will see it differently, I'm sure. In that case, I'd work it out with the other players in the OOC thread.

If a Ref is actively GMing your thread, ask him. Different Refs may want to do things differently, depending on a variety of circumstances.

In general I would say as much as you can avoid waiting, avoid waiting. If you use move-by attack to move and attack and want to wait to see how well your attack fared before finishing your move, then you have to wait. There's no way around that. Me personally . . . I would not hold up a thread for a few days just to gain some small strategic advantage. I'd just post my whole action and sort out the details later.

But that's just me. Other players and other Refs will see it differently, I'm sure. In that case, I'd work it out with the other players in the OOC thread.