Crack is Whack [OOC]

Supercape

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so, Nick's up next. He's going to try to use Poltergeist's Rage (his TK attack) to try and grapple the remaining thug to the ground.

And that's a 26 on the attack roll. Next comes the grapple roll. Now, I'm not sure whether to round down or up with the "necromantic warding" complication, or if the complication even applies since I'm using the power while not setting foot in the house. So, I'm applying the full rank to the actual Grappling roll; feel free to lower it by 2 or 3 (again, rounding) based on how it is applied.

...though it's a 34, so I don't think shaving 2 or 3 off matters much by this point. Either way, I'm pinning the guy to the ground so someone else can smack him down.

Editted HP:

Nick, the Necromantic ward applies once you are through the door (feel free to include a shiver down your spine or something, you have the requisite supersense and, more importantly, its cool)

With 34, I'm not going to roll, zero chance of resisting that grapple - he is pinned! I'll do GM IC post

Then its Dragonfly up!

Blagh, prone. You hate me, dontcha. Why do you hate me?

Attacking with her blast, 'cos that's all she has.

Ranged Attack roll vs. Thug (Master Plan, enemy Prone) (1d20 + 7 + 2 - 4=7)

......no. Spending an HP to reroll, just to save face since she's accomplished close to nothing so far.

Ranged Attack Reroll vs. Thug (Master Plan, enemy Prone) (1d20 + 7 + 2 - 4=17)

Bah. It'll have to do. Hopefully his defense will be bad enough from the pin.

Assuming it hits, that's a DC21 toughness save against nonlethal damage.

Alright, I guess we're in two-minute drill mode, so let's speed this up.

Spending a Hero Point for a Heroic Feat; a rank of Equipment. I'll take a Lock Release Gun [1EP] and a Strike 3 weapon with Mighty [4EP].

Anyway, I'm using the gun on the door. If it's a Cheap or Average (DC 20 or 25) lock operated by a key, it opens up.

Let's try something a little different, and gamble on a drugged-out skinny guy not having awesome reflexes or willpower. Dragonfly's gonna rush up and try a Dimensional Pocket attack. Not sure if it counts as a surprise attack, though apparently, it might not matter:

Melee Attack Roll vs. JD, (Dimensional Pocket) (1d20 + 7=27)

...man, I wish that had just been an attack roll. Oh well. I'm assuming a half-asleep, stoned, malnourished thug doesn't have a +18 defense bonus. If JD's a minion, he's pocket'd! If he isn't, DC21 Reflex to save.

IC pending attack results.

He is a minion: I think normally minions do get save throws (its just if they fail them, they get the worst possible result). However, in this case, given circumstances, I'm not going to roll vs a DC 17!

VWORP!

Post away IC, with whatever descriptor you fancy. Your choice if you want the shotgun sucked in too.

All right, Nick is activating his Creeping Shade power -- which is slightly problematic, as this is one of those "odd number value" powers. So, if rounded down, the ranks are down to Darkness Control 1 (5 ft. radius) and Snare 3 (Reflex DC 13) for when he attacks, and if rounded up, they become Darkness Control 2 (10 ft. radius) and Snare 4 (Reflex DC 14).

Just to let you know - this could get messy!

There is the potential for death here, like a drug - addled lady of the night getting killed.

I don't want to get to Iron Age on people; and I also don't want to have your character get "Blood on his/her hands".

As I said, its only a possibility.

However, its your character and story (largely) so if you have any feelings on the matter, let me know.