Iced Tea In The Morning [OOC]

Ecalsneerg

AAAARGH A GOLEM

Roll initiative, and feel free to make a post of yourself arriving in the cafe before the combat round starts. The golem is probably very noticeable as having stomped along the beachfront before crashing through a wall. As such, you can assume you saw it coming, and can enter via the window Equinox is sitting beside (in her civilian identity), or via the huge hole in the wall)

Equinox is up.

now, standing up and taking out the wand would take my whole go, so I'm going wandless for now.

Move: Stand up.

Standard: POWER STUNT!

I've got 19pp to work with, so...

Teleport 6 (Extra: Action - Standard [+1], Attack [+0], Area - Burst [+1], Flaws: Tiring [-1], Feats: Subtle) [19pp]

The Action lets me use the Long Range as a standard, not full action. Cleared it with DS, so a flagrant breach of approval policy is gone under Rule of Cool. And the fact it's only technically an attack.

The extra effort required to use this means I need to spend a HP next turn to not be Fatigued. The Tiring flaw means I also need to spend one this round to not be Fatigued, and then Exhausted next round :D

Notice, Reflex to half rank of Area attack, Reflex to avoid getting teleported to City Hall (1d20=15, 1d20=6, 1d20=5, 1d20=3, 1d20=14, 1d20=18, 1d20=2, 1d20=13, 1d20=16) Erm... that's unclear, so I'll assume I rolled Notice for 1, then Reflex, then the second Reflex. Then I repeated those three rolls, in that order, for the other 2 bystanders. So... 15, 6, and 5 means they didn't Notice the effect, failed both saves, and got 'ported. The second one failed to Notice the effect, failed to evade the Area... but somehow avoided getting Teleported... *swears* The third one's gone though.

So now we have one confused pensioner left in the area.

ROUND 2! FIGHT!

Lady Winter - 3 HP - 20 - unharmed

Golem - NPC - 14 - bruised x2

Equinox - 4 HP - 2 - unharmed, Fatigued at start of next turn

DC 29 Toughness save. Golem feels pain :( (1d20+11=15)

Take a Hp, as I do this: HULK FIAT! (1d20+11=18) since you add 10 to all rolls from 1-10 on re-rolls... that's 28, I fail by 1, and receive a 3rd bruise.

Lady Winter - 4 HP - 20 - unharmed

Golem - NPC - 14 - bruised x3

GOLEM SMASH! He turns... and charges Equinox. In an offensive stance. Power Attacking for 3. So, he's down to Defence 10. But he's Attack +6, and with DC 30 fists. Defence 20, save me! If not, Toughness +10, do your best! (1d20+6=15, 1d20+10=19)

Poor golem.

Lady Winter - 4 HP - 20 - unharmed

Ok, I need to spend 1 HP to avoid Fatigue. Grrr. UNRULY OLD AGE PENSIONERS. I'm really stretching it, but I'd assume that the old dude would struggle with getting to his feet. So while he's getting up...

Free Action: Quick Change.

Move Action: Draw wand!

Standard Action: Wiccan Rede doesn't apply to golems! FLAME ON! Eat DC 25 Toughness save, golem! Only for you, it's DC 20 :( (1d20+10=25)

DC 20 save (1d20+10=30) ****ING GOLEM

Equinox - 4 HP - 2 - unharmed

DC 26 Toughness save. Poor golem (1d20+10=24) He now has 4 bruises.

And now it is time for his revenge. All-out attacking for 5 while power attacking for 3... on the stupid ice person who keeps hitting him with a hammer! Drops him to Defence 11 ( :( ) but the poor little guy deserves a shot! GOLEM ALL-OUT SMASH! DC 30 Toughness (1d20+11=23)

Now, that's a rank 15 attack, technically, minus your KB modifier for rank 10 knockback if you're stunned (and don't buy it off): 1,000 feet! :o That seems excessive, so if you do decide not to HP away a possible stun, I'll ignore the +3 from Power Attack and only knock back 100'.

Golem - NPC - 14 - bruised x4

Equinox - 3 HP - 2 - unharmed

Time to show some effectiveness!

I'm going to power stunt up something nice and shiny. Only this time, with the wand, I get 31pp to work with!

Create Object 10 (Feats: Selective, Stationary Subtle) [23pp]

DC 15 Reflex save (1d20+4=20)

Hate you, golem. Hate you.

Equinox - 3 HP - 2 - unharmed, Fatigued at start of next round

Lady Winter - 2 HP - 20 - unharmed

LEAVE ME ALONE YOU DC 24 TOUGHNESS SAVE (1d20+9=22) The thing has 5 bruises.

All-out for 5, Power Attack for 3! FEEL THE FIST OF JUSTICE! DC 30 Toughness save (1d20+11=20)

Golem - NPC - 14 - bruised x5

Free Action: Spend a HP to shrug off the Fatigue.

Free Action: Activate Flight.

Move Action: Fly up to ceiling rafters. That's still not going to get me out of the 8 foot tall golem's reach.

Standard Action: I still have my Create Object stunt! :D Make a hammer of glowy white energy, drop it on the golem's head! DC 15 Reflex save [all or nothing], followed by DC 20 Toughness save if Reflex failed. (1d20+4=6, 1d20+8=14) Yes! It takes a sixth bruise, and is stunned! It doesn't take knockback from the hit, sadly, and thus is upright :(

Free Action: Extra Effort to Surge.

Standard Action: Make a magic circle around the thing again! DC 15 Reflex to resist the attack (1d20+4=6)

Free Action: Allow Lady Winter's attacks to bypass the magic circle.

Round Five!

Golem - NPC - 14 - bruised x6, stunned

Equinox - 2 HP - 2 - unharmed, Fatigued at start of next round

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, due to an error on Equinox's sheet, I have the ESP as taking a Move action to activate (which it does by default), rather than being Sustained. Weird. I also spent a HP to shrug off Fatigue, leaving me with 1 left.

Anyway... Extra Effort to surge me up this:

Enhanced Search 8 (total ranks 8, total bonus +11) [2PP] and

Super-Senses 2 (Postcognition [Flawed]) [2PP]

Quickness 10 (x2,500) [10PP]

Now, ordinarily searching a 20 mile radius takes 24 hours, or 480 if you're taking 20. With this, it'll take me a good 11 and a half minutes. None too shabby. And with a Search result of 31, I think I'll manage just fine. :D

I'm Fiating for this, since really nothing has brought it on but a sudden urge.

Make a save against a Nauseate 10, DC 20 Fortitude save! In the spirit of fairness, I'll make like Shaen and say you can't spend the HP until after this save.

If you fail by 1, you only suffer -2 to all attack rolls, skill rolls and saving throws. If you fail by 5 or more, you can take a single move action a turn. Fail by 10, you're helpless.

Lady Winter - 1+1 HP - unharmed

Equinox - 1+1 HP - 2 - unharmed, Fatigued; Om vom vom vomit (1d20+5=21)

The creepy dude won't notice you unless you end up vomiting and staggering around, or pass out on the floor. Failing by 1-4 won't alert him.