Espresso That Can Wake the Dead (OOC)

Okay, so Nick goes first, attempts to use Poltergeist's Rage... and fails miserably, rolling a 1. And next up are the foes, who take advantage of Nick running right into their midst:

Guy 3: 10 on Attack. Whiff.

Guy 2: 12 on Attack. Whoosh.

Guy 3: 22 on Attack, which means it hits, and Nick has to beat a DC21 attack... and does, handily.

And with that, it's Valkyrie's turn.

EDIT: And after talking it out in chat, I realized that I got Defense entirely, horribly wrong. Corrected for such.

What was so wrong about it?

Given her theme and History background shall we assume a +2 bonus to Knowledge on know what those are? (I had to wiki them.) Knowledge (History): Draugr; Not including possible +2 Circumstance. (1d20+9=14) If I do get the bonus, that will be a 15, and is probably enough to know what they are. If I do not, that hits DC 10, and is probably enough to know they are a "special type of zombie". Sound fair?

Either way, V's gonna make with the hurting now.

Valkyrie

Free Action: Maintain necessary powers.

Move Action: Teleport to the one Draugr that is still shriveled looking.

Standard Action: Attack with Mjollnir (Melee).

- All out Attack 5, Power Attack 5; DC 32 TOU, and DC 27 FORT on hit. (1d20+8=18) Well, I'm glad I got all the bad rolls out already. Ugh.

- Re-roll: Hero Point Reroll: All out Attack 5, Power Attack 5; DC 32 TOU, and DC 27 FORT on hit. (1d20+8=27) Woot! Crit! Thanks to improved Critical 2. Bumps the DC's up to 37 and 32 respectively. Causing full Knockback as is her wont.

That's it for me. IC post incoming.

Well, on the Defense matter, I did it as opposed rolls. Defense is supposed to be a static DC 10 + Defense rating.

As for the Mjolnir blow... assuming that Mjolnir retains the same make-up as it does in the myths (none of that "uru" stuff from Marvel), the Toughness roll of the withered meatsack is 17, so... yeah. He's out. And yet, he beats the DC 17 on the basic Knockback of the attack, so he remains on his feet until his neck snaps.

That takes us into Round Two... where Nick is going to spend his entire round making sure that the cop with the neck wound recovers from his injury. Which he does, as Nick rolled a 22 on the DC 10 check to stabilize the dying man. And now come the draugr...

Draugr 1: Natural 20 on an attack against Nick. It's super effective! This ups the Toughness save to DC 26, and... he just makes it with a 27.

Draugr 2: 24 on an attack against Valkyrie, which beats Valkyrie's flat DC 13 (18 - 5 from AOA). The Toughness save on the attack is DC 21.

And on the draugr matter... I will give the history bonus to you. If these were Sumerian zombies, you'd be SOL, but they're Norse, so... here's what Valkyrie knows.

Draugr are strange undead, usually restless warriors who live for the kill. Some myths portray them as closer to zombies, while some portray them as vampires, complete with a fleet of unknown powers. Whatever the case, they generally bear a corpse-like appearance (be it milky pale or rotted), feast on the blood and flesh of the living (which would explain Cop #1), and are rumored to have the power to drive animals and humans mad (which would explain Cop #2).

Draugr 2

Well, the attack connected, so...

Toughness Save: A flat 14, which means it, too, is a pile of inert meat.

Fortitude Save: Again, not necessary.

Which means, we enter Round 3, with only one Draugr still on its feet. And Nick will see if he can do something about that, shifting his active power from Deny the Reaper to Ereshkigal's Talons.

Nick

Attack: 19, which beats the DC 16 of the draugr's defense. And the Talons are both Strike 12 and have Penetrating 5 for good measure, so they get plenty of gouging. Now, let's see how the draugr does...

Draugr 1

Toughness: And that's a 16 versus a DC 28. As it failed the save by 12, it is Staggered, Disabled, and Stunned, which means it is unable to act this round.