A new year IC

Ozoe

Mike shook his head, "There are school training uniforms for powers training that are body suits." he explains, "But if you decide to do the super hero thing you don't have to wear that." He adds and looks thoughtful for a moment as he considers mark for a moment, "Well some people think you aren't doing it right if its not like that but they are uhm ... special cases."

"Ah PE," Tasha said ruefully. "I can't say that my best memories have come from there. Although, I suppose it's some consolation that I never was able to see the Public School uniforms that they made us wear. However, let me just tell you dodge ball was not that much fun... although I wonder if a body suit makes it less painful?"

She sighed thinking back on many wasted days in the Public School system where the rigid system didn't quite seem to accommodate any variances. Already she had a much better feeling about this place than she had at any of the other schools she had been placed in. Although, to be fair, many of them had tried, but either budget restrictions, bureaucracy, or just plain ignorance had hampered much of her educational life. She actually couldn't wait to see if they would work with her in this school; everything she had seen seemed to indicate that they would. Of course some of that was her own confidence which had grown as she figured out how to make her way through life.

"So..." she continued. "You don't like go out at night fighting crime or something like that... do you? Or is that more of like a field trip? You know, today we are going to see how a bank... is robbed, please load your firearms and remember your buddy!"

Eddie laughed at the joke, "Heh, well, we did have one field trip that went that way, inadvertently." He said, remembering the baseball stadium where he had gotten his start as Breakdown, and with Young Freedom. But those times were long past. "But for the majority, the school tries to avoid those things."

"They also tend to frown on patrolling, but they really can't stop the more exceptional students from doing it, so a lot of the time, they'll just come to an agreement about it and look the other way. Sometimes special cases require special treatment, as I'm sure you know."

"The schools official stance is that we're too young to put ourselves in harms way like that." he explains in more detail. "But there are some students who take up the hero mantle anyway," Mike elaborates with slight discomfort not wanting to reveal too much, "The school eventually becomes aware and makes sure that such students have the skills they need to not hurt themselves or others."

She could feel the slight tensing of Mike's hand and guessed that she had hit on something that he didn't want to continue with. She decided that it was time to change the subject, "so tell me, what kind of classes can we take here. I adore history and really want to make sure that I can continue with a college prep load. Is the curriculum predetermined? Or do we have some say in the matter?"