Slow Night [OOC] (Full)

Heridfel

Hey guys,

I'd like initiative to be rolled before everyone starts using their powers. It may be possible for one or more of us to detect the mental constructs being placed, depending on how a referee rules. I understand that Velocity will probably have the highest initiative, but that doesn't mean that Teke gets five actions before any of us move.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my opinion on things:

Since everyone is aware of everyone else, everything up to Gaea's post HERE is just setup. As soon as Gaea wanted to use his power against the bad guys, you should have all rolled initiative and posted in initiative order.

Also, attempting to trap people in a hollow created object provokes a Reflex save, so when Gaea's turn comes up in the initiative, you guys need to roll that as well if he still wants to attempt the box trick.

Since everyone is aware of everyone else, everything up to Gaea's post HERE is just setup. As soon as Gaea wanted to use his power against the bad guys, you should have all rolled initiative and posted in initiative order.

Also, attempting to trap people in a hollow created object provokes a Reflex save, so when Gaea's turn comes up in the initiative, you guys need to roll that as well if he still wants to attempt the box trick.

Hey guys,

I'd like initiative to be rolled before everyone starts using their powers. It may be possible for one or more of us to detect the mental constructs being placed, depending on how a referee rules. I understand that Velocity will probably have the highest initiative, but that doesn't mean that Teke gets five actions before any of us move.

Sorry...It wasn't 5 actions, it was 1 action (I know it reads like 5, But my create object ability is more than expansive enough to do that as one standard.

as for Init= Init (1d20 2=5)

Hey guys,

Sorry...It wasn't 5 actions, it was 1 action (I know it reads like 5, But my create object ability is more than expansive enough to do that as one standard.

Hey guys,

Alright. It looks like the order is Velocity, Nanowire, Grimalkin, Icarus, and Teke. Please post what your action is (even if it's just talking), so that we know what's going on.

Icarus's move, presuming it's not overcome by events, will be to fly up, about 20 feet in the air and within 120 feet of Velocity, and attempt to use Gravity Control (at rank 11) on Velocity (and if Teke is also in range, him as well). The current spread on his Power Control is 10 ranks to the Gravity Control and the final rank to his Flight (for a total of 11 and 2, respectively).

I intend to have the Gravity Control fail immediately after it takes effect, as Icarus' suit still has damage from his fall. Therefore, if it hits, it would only have the effect of knocking down anyone with too low of a Strength. I'll also take a bruised condition as the suit hits me with a little feedback.

For the future, I'd also be ok with Teke being able to use his powers under Gravity Control without penalty, given his descriptors, but it would probably count as a complication on me.

After Icarus figures out that his suit is damaged, he'll be looking to flee, and that's when the errant portal will be formed, and the fun part of this gets started. If anyone would like to have something special happen while they're in the past (for example, meeting Centurion, meeting their parents in 1972, doing something that could conceivably change history, such as telling people about the Terminus Invasion...), please post your plans to this thread or PM me. I'll work them into the story if I can. I have a couple ideas for Icarus as well, so we'll see what happens.

Alright. It looks like the order is Velocity, Nanowire, Grimalkin, Icarus, and Teke. Please post what your action is (even if it's just talking), so that we know what's going on.

Icarus's move, presuming it's not overcome by events, will be to fly up, about 20 feet in the air and within 120 feet of Velocity, and attempt to use Gravity Control (at rank 11) on Velocity (and if Teke is also in range, him as well). The current spread on his Power Control is 10 ranks to the Gravity Control and the final rank to his Flight (for a total of 11 and 2, respectively).

I intend to have the Gravity Control fail immediately after it takes effect, as Icarus' suit still has damage from his fall. Therefore, if it hits, it would only have the effect of knocking down anyone with too low of a Strength. I'll also take a bruised condition as the suit hits me with a little feedback.

For the future, I'd also be ok with Teke being able to use his powers under Gravity Control without penalty, given his descriptors, but it would probably count as a complication on me.

After Icarus figures out that his suit is damaged, he'll be looking to flee, and that's when the errant portal will be formed, and the fun part of this gets started. If anyone would like to have something special happen while they're in the past (for example, meeting Centurion, meeting their parents in 1972, doing something that could conceivably change history, such as telling people about the Terminus Invasion...), please post your plans to this thread or PM me. I'll work them into the story if I can. I have a couple ideas for Icarus as well, so we'll see what happens.