A New Student at Master Lee's [OOC]

Heridfel

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to let the fight go for a couple rounds, warmonger, before Master Lee calls a halt to it. You can post your reaction to anything that strikes you as interesting, and I'll do my best to have it move along quickly so that we can start into the storyline you suggested.

Shadowboxer, if you find a way to justify having Hub go with the two of you to Eldrich's place, I'm open to suggestions. Otherwise, I'd have the two of you go to start, and when you find him missing, Master Lee will send all the help he can get to aid you. He'll stay back on this side so that the dimensional nexus that Eldrich's place occupies is kept safe from other dimensions.

I'm going to let the fight go for a couple rounds, warmonger, before Master Lee calls a halt to it. You can post your reaction to anything that strikes you as interesting, and I'll do my best to have it move along quickly so that we can start into the storyline you suggested.

Shadowboxer, if you find a way to justify having Hub go with the two of you to Eldrich's place, I'm open to suggestions. Otherwise, I'd have the two of you go to start, and when you find him missing, Master Lee will send all the help he can get to aid you. He'll stay back on this side so that the dimensional nexus that Eldrich's place occupies is kept safe from other dimensions.

I can't think of anything off the top of my head, unless Kevin reveals his secret identity to Liam while they practice, or if Kevin reveals his powers. Liam would ask him to come along as part of his qi training. Other than those options, I think sending Hub in later would make sense. :)

Have we thought of what particular trouble might be in?

Nope, not yet! The villian could be someone related to Sen, Nightrival or Hub, or all three. Some ideas:

- Someone has kidnapped Eldrich and is holding him in a parallel universe or even in his house.

- One of Eldrich's spells go wrong and we have to rescue him.

- Something to do with the Warborn? (Freedom City, p. 104) I think they would make neat adversaries.

- Eldrich needs us to retrieve something, maybe in Freeport? (Freedom City, p. 105)

- Eldrich has been transformed into a demon or evil sorcerer.

That's all I have at the moment. Magically themed games has infinite possibilities. :)

I can't think of anything off the top of my head, unless Kevin reveals his secret identity to Liam while they practice, or if Kevin reveals his powers. Liam would ask him to come along as part of his qi training. Other than those options, I think sending Hub in later would make sense. :)

Nope, not yet! The villian could be someone related to Sen, Nightrival or Hub, or all three. Some ideas:

- Someone has kidnapped Eldrich and is holding him in a parallel universe or even in his house.

- Something to do with the Warborn? (Freedom City, p. 104) I think they would make neat adversaries.

- Eldrich needs us to retrieve something, maybe in Freeport? (Freedom City, p. 105)

That's all I have at the moment. Magically themed games has infinite possibilities. :)

Well while I was at work today I was thinking it over and my mind turned what I originally planned to be a small adventure into something a little more epic.

When they arrive in the nexus they first have to defeat the magical defense that Eldricht has set up, whether its magical golems or forest of illusions whatever. When they finally get there and find the place under attack. Maybe it will be a group of ninjas or demons or something. They team up with Eldricht's man servant (who I imagined as this massive monk; think Juggernaut in Age of Apoc) who helps them clear out the enemies. They find out that the wizard has departed 'beyond the gate" ie to another dimension with Sen's father. He informs them that he can't open the gate because he isn't a sorcerer but that Kevin can. Unbeknown to Kevin his powers are not mutant but magic as he is a rare genetic throwback to the Atlanteans, meaning as he grows his powers will be more magical, if he can get a tutor. Some one like Eldricht, who knows in the future Kevin might become the next sorcerer supreme.

My idea for Sen was that he really is half demon, and his mother is the demonic half. For whatever reason his mother was sent to another plane. My original thought was that in the past Sen's father, Master Lee and Eldricht had defeated an attempt by Una to enter our world, somehow in the process she took Sen's mother with her. Eiether Sen's father or Eldricht found out the dimension where she is and the two have decided to rescue her.

I was also thinking the entire thing is an elaborate set-up by either Mr. Infamy, or a collaborative effort by Una and Malador to destroy Eldricht.

Either way there is going to be a good amount of dimension hopping, so I don't know if at that point other want to jump in. Obviously there are still a bunch of plot holes to patch up. Like who is attack Eldricht's place and why, and some other stuff but its fuel for some serious adventures.

Well while I was at work today I was thinking it over and my mind turned what I originally planned to be a small adventure into something a little more epic.

When they arrive in the nexus they first have to defeat the magical defense that Eldricht has set up, whether its magical golems or forest of illusions whatever. When they finally get there and find the place under attack. Maybe it will be a group of ninjas or demons or something. They team up with Eldricht's man servant (who I imagined as this massive monk; think Juggernaut in Age of Apoc) who helps them clear out the enemies. They find out that the wizard has departed 'beyond the gate" ie to another dimension with Sen's father. He informs them that he can't open the gate because he isn't a sorcerer but that Kevin can. Unbeknown to Kevin his powers are not mutant but magic as he is a rare genetic throwback to the Atlanteans, meaning as he grows his powers will be more magical, if he can get a tutor. Some one like Eldricht, who knows in the future Kevin might become the next sorcerer supreme.

My idea for Sen was that he really is half demon, and his mother is the demonic half. For whatever reason his mother was sent to another plane. My original thought was that in the past Sen's father, Master Lee and Eldricht had defeated an attempt by Una to enter our world, somehow in the process she took Sen's mother with her. Eiether Sen's father or Eldricht found out the dimension where she is and the two have decided to rescue her.

I was also thinking the entire thing is an elaborate set-up by either Mr. Infamy, or a collaborative effort by Una and Malador to destroy Eldricht.

Either way there is going to be a good amount of dimension hopping, so I don't know if at that point other want to jump in. Obviously there are still a bunch of plot holes to patch up. Like who is attack Eldricht's place and why, and some other stuff but its fuel for some serious adventures.

I like your idea, Warmonger. Here's my two cents:

- As an obstacle, maybe undead ninjas hiding in an illusionary forest around Eldrich's house? I have "official" stats for undead ninjas, and it would match the martial arts theme we got goin'.

- I always pictured Sallah as being . . . smaller? :D Interesting how he gets interpreted differently.

- Malador and Una together could easily mop the floor with us. :) Since you're thinking of other dimensions, Una would be the ideal choice.

- Motive for attacking Eldrich? Una could either have done it herself or hired another villian to pull it off. She did it to keep other heroes away because she saw an opportunity to take out her rival. Is that what you're thinking?

- As an obstacle, maybe undead ninjas hiding in an illusionary forest around Eldrich's house? I have "official" stats for undead ninjas, and it would match the martial arts theme we got goin'.

- I always pictured Sallah as being . . . smaller? :D Interesting how he gets interpreted differently.

- Malador and Una together could easily mop the floor with us. :) Since you're thinking of other dimensions, Una would be the ideal choice.

- Motive for attacking Eldrich? Una could either have done it herself or hired another villian to pull it off. She did it to keep other heroes away because she saw an opportunity to take out her rival. Is that what you're thinking?

Undead ninjas. Thats a concept that I like.

I just reread the Eldricht entry I didn't even realize he had a manservant. Huh go figure. Even though it might be interesting none the less for him to be hulking.

Oh I figured any confrontations with them would be Far down the line. Maybe when my characters got up to level 10. Right now either one of them would slaughter all three of us. Their plot is directed at Eldricht and Sen's father.

Hmm maybe to seal the portal behind him so he couldn't return.

I just reread the Eldricht entry I didn't even realize he had a manservant. Huh go figure. Even though it might be interesting none the less for him to be hulking.

Oh I figured any confrontations with them would be Far down the line. Maybe when my characters got up to level 10. Right now either one of them would slaughter all three of us. Their plot is directed at Eldricht and Sen's father.

Ah, I see - you're looking at the bigger picture. My bad. :)

Sealing a portal would be a good goal. Also, Sallah can have any appearance in this game. Magic tends to be chaotic at times. :D

Undead ninjas are teh awesome. Here's the stats I got from Instant Superheroes (p.22):

STR 12 (+1) DEX 18 (+4) CON -- INT 10 (+0) WIS 10 (+0) CHA 10 (+0)

TOUGH +4 FORT -- REF +8 WILL +4

SKILLS Acrobatics +12, Climb +9, Disable Device +8, Escape Artist +12, Intimidate +8, Notice +8, Search +8, Stealth +12 Swim +5

FEATS Acrobatic Bluff, Elusive Target, Equipment 2, Evasion 2, Grappling Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Initiative, Instant Up, Sneak Attack, Startle, Uncanny Dodge

POWERS Immunity 30 (Fortitude effects), Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious)

EQUIPMENT Arsenal (array): Katana (Strike 3 [Power Feats: Improved Critical (19-20), Mighty]); Alternate Powers: Kasuri-Gama (Strike 2 [Power Feats: Mighty, Improved Block, Improved Trip]), Shuriken (Strike 1 [Extras]Strike 1]); Black Camo Suit, Caltrops, Climbing Gear

COMBAT Attack +10, Grapple +14, Damage +1 (unarmed), +4 (katana), +3 (unarmed sneak attack), +6 (katana sneak attack), Defense +12, Knockback -4, Initiative +8

Their Attack and Defense seem pretty high, but that can be altered. Maybe when the three of us arrive at Eldrich's house we see a forest surrounding it?

Sealing a portal would be a good goal. Also, Sallah can have any appearance in this game. Magic tends to be chaotic at times. :D

Undead ninjas are teh awesome. Here's the stats I got from Instant Superheroes (p.22):

SKILLS Acrobatics +12, Climb +9, Disable Device +8, Escape Artist +12, Intimidate +8, Notice +8, Search +8, Stealth +12 Swim +5

FEATS Acrobatic Bluff, Elusive Target, Equipment 2, Evasion 2, Grappling Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Initiative, Instant Up, Sneak Attack, Startle, Uncanny Dodge

EQUIPMENT Arsenal (array): Katana (Strike 3 [Power Feats: Improved Critical (19-20), Mighty]); Alternate Powers: Kasuri-Gama (Strike 2 [Power Feats: Mighty, Improved Block, Improved Trip]), Shuriken (Strike 1 [Extras]Strike 1]); Black Camo Suit, Caltrops, Climbing Gear

COMBAT Attack +10, Grapple +14, Damage +1 (unarmed), +4 (katana), +3 (unarmed sneak attack), +6 (katana sneak attack), Defense +12, Knockback -4, Initiative +8

Their Attack and Defense seem pretty high, but that can be altered. Maybe when the three of us arrive at Eldrich's house we see a forest surrounding it?