A New Student at Master Lee's [OOC]

Heridfel

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they do seem tough! They're stats are not written in stone, luckily, and I don't think we'll be fighting a horde of them. I think they'll provide a decent challenge, though.

As far as learning esoteric secrets goes, I'll have to think about that. I never really considered them, and as you've mentioned I was focusing on skills rather powers. I will get back to you on that one.

Yeah, they do seem tough! They're stats are not written in stone, luckily, and I don't think we'll be fighting a horde of them. I think they'll provide a decent challenge, though.

As far as learning esoteric secrets goes, I'll have to think about that. I never really considered them, and as you've mentioned I was focusing on skills rather powers. I will get back to you on that one.

I think I'm going to be keeping with my original plan for Kevin, where he isn't a mutant or a natural magician, but has somehow awakened his chi to perform all sorts of effects on living things. We'll see, though. It could always change.

I wouldn't plan too far ahead. I tend to improvise, and if you have a story all written out, bad dice rolls can throw a plan to shreds.

Here are my thoughts on how we begin. I hadn't been thinking that we needed to fight through Eldrich's defenses, but that seems like a logical turn of events. That part would be geared towards Nightrival and Sen, since Hub would still be back at the dojang. I can run that part as the GM, so that you have a few surprises along the way.

Once you get through and Sallah determines your trustworthiness, he tells you that Eldrich has been kidnapped to another realm. I've been leaning towards Freeport, since that's a realm where people who are out-of-place aren't unusual. If you go to contact Master Lee beforehand, he would come to protect the nexus and send Hub with you to rescue the Master Mage. After all, if he's gone too long, there are any number of supernatural entities who could try to take advantage of his absence...

I won't even worry about what happens in Freeport yet. That's still 1.5 scenes in advance.

I think I'm going to be keeping with my original plan for Kevin, where he isn't a mutant or a natural magician, but has somehow awakened his chi to perform all sorts of effects on living things. We'll see, though. It could always change.

I wouldn't plan too far ahead. I tend to improvise, and if you have a story all written out, bad dice rolls can throw a plan to shreds.

Here are my thoughts on how we begin. I hadn't been thinking that we needed to fight through Eldrich's defenses, but that seems like a logical turn of events. That part would be geared towards Nightrival and Sen, since Hub would still be back at the dojang. I can run that part as the GM, so that you have a few surprises along the way.

Once you get through and Sallah determines your trustworthiness, he tells you that Eldrich has been kidnapped to another realm. I've been leaning towards Freeport, since that's a realm where people who are out-of-place aren't unusual. If you go to contact Master Lee beforehand, he would come to protect the nexus and send Hub with you to rescue the Master Mage. After all, if he's gone too long, there are any number of supernatural entities who could try to take advantage of his absence...

I won't even worry about what happens in Freeport yet. That's still 1.5 scenes in advance.

Yeah, looking at our relative combat skills OOC (which you could do IC with your Assessment check), I have a 15% chance of hitting you when I don't do anything special. If Liam will give Kevin the time to do so, his next action will be Aim, followed by a full aggressive stance attack. That'd give me +13, which is a 50% chance of hitting you.

This is why PL 7 folks going up against PL 11 folks = trouble. I saw something like that in the thread I did with Thevshi... but at least she managed to hit Number 2. :P

Yeah, looking at our relative combat skills OOC (which you could do IC with your Assessment check), I have a 15% chance of hitting you when I don't do anything special. If Liam will give Kevin the time to do so, his next action will be Aim, followed by a full aggressive stance attack. That'd give me +13, which is a 50% chance of hitting you.

This is why PL 7 folks going up against PL 11 folks = trouble. I saw something like that in the thread I did with Thevshi... but at least she managed to hit Number 2. :P