A New Student at Master Lee's

Heridfel

Sen's eyes flicker briefly over Miter Lee. Physically he didn't appear to be much, yet there was something Sen couldn't quite place his finger on. The man seemed to fill the room with a calming presense, and an unstated threat that made the demon slayer nervous. Had he angered him?

Sen bowed deeply from the waist. "I apologize for the inuslt Lee-Sama," he said. As he spoke he kept his head down, in the manner he was told to address his elders. "It is not my will, to bring this weapon here." When Master Lee asked his question Sen felt the bitter taste of frustraition.

"I had hoped you could tell me Lee-Sama," Sen finished with a sigh. "Four months ago, father left the clan to undertake a mission in this country. We have not heard of him since. He has never been gone this long without contacting us," Sen said. The longest his father had gone had been two months. "It was decided to send someone to look for him-".

"The Elders of of the Ryoushikage were wise men when last I met them," Master Lee interrupted. "Not the type of men to allow someone so young to leave with that sword, no matter how skilled he was." Sen was silent a minute.

"Yes this was not their will either." No. Their will ahd been to sit around arguing for days about who to send, some had said to send no one at all. It galled Sen to think that they would so casually discuss his father's life as it it were a piece on a game board. Action was required and if they could not act then he would. "But someone had to act Lee-Sama and my father had taken the Masamune..." Master Lee's eyebrow rose a fraction at hearing that.

"I see," was all he said. "Still..." His eyes drifted towards the Muramasa. Suddenly the blade began to vibrate in its sheath. Sen clamped a hand over the hilt. Sen realized why the sword was acting up. It felt... eager.

"My father's mission was unknown to me, but before he left I heard him mention an American by the name of Eldricht. I came here hoping to find this man, but no one in this city seems to have heard of him. Yet I knew that your school was here as well. I had hoped you could tell me of my father, if not maybe you could tell me about this Eldricht."

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sen's eyes flicker briefly over Miter Lee. Physically he didn't appear to be much, yet there was something Sen couldn't quite place his finger on. The man seemed to fill the room with a calming presense, and an unstated threat that made the demon slayer nervous. Had he angered him?

Sen bowed deeply from the waist. "I apologize for the inuslt Lee-Sama," he said. As he spoke he kept his head down, in the manner he was told to address his elders. "It is not my will, to bring this weapon here." When Master Lee asked his question Sen felt the bitter taste of frustraition.

"I had hoped you could tell me Lee-Sama," Sen finished with a sigh. "Four months ago, father left the clan to undertake a mission in this country. We have not heard of him since. He has never been gone this long without contacting us," Sen said. The longest his father had gone had been two months. "It was decided to send someone to look for him-".

"The Elders of of the Ryoushikage were wise men when last I met them," Master Lee interrupted. "Not the type of men to allow someone so young to leave with that sword, no matter how skilled he was." Sen was silent a minute.

"Yes this was not their will either." No. Their will ahd been to sit around arguing for days about who to send, some had said to send no one at all. It galled Sen to think that they would so casually discuss his father's life as it it were a piece on a game board. Action was required and if they could not act then he would. "But someone had to act Lee-Sama and my father had taken the Masamune..." Master Lee's eyebrow rose a fraction at hearing that.

"I see," was all he said. "Still..." His eyes drifted towards the Muramasa. Suddenly the blade began to vibrate in its sheath. Sen clamped a hand over the hilt. Sen realized why the sword was acting up. It felt... eager.

"My father's mission was unknown to me, but before he left I heard him mention an American by the name of Eldricht. I came here hoping to find this man, but no one in this city seems to have heard of him. Yet I knew that your school was here as well. I had hoped you could tell me of my father, if not maybe you could tell me about this Eldricht."

Master Lee's expression is placid, but he still manages to convey a sense of sorrow. "I have not spoken with your father for some time, longer than the four months that he has been gone. I do know of the man, Eldrich, whom you seek. I have not seen him in a year, though I have heard that he still makes his residence in this city."

He looks to Sen's hands, touching the blade to try to master it.

"But before you go to meet him, you must be in control, or he will think you mean him harm. Eldrich is not a man you want to have as an enemy. Come with me. I have prepared a repast for you."

With that, Master Lee turns and begins walking to a different room than the one he came from. If Sen follows, he finds that this is a small kitchen area, with a pot of tea and two tea cups in the center of a table. It looks like Master Lee knew that Sen was coming here before Sen himself did.

Master Lee's expression is placid, but he still manages to convey a sense of sorrow. "I have not spoken with your father for some time, longer than the four months that he has been gone. I do know of the man, Eldrich, whom you seek. I have not seen him in a year, though I have heard that he still makes his residence in this city."

"But before you go to meet him, you must be in control, or he will think you mean him harm. Eldrich is not a man you want to have as an enemy. Come with me. I have prepared a repast for you."

With that, Master Lee turns and begins walking to a different room than the one he came from. If Sen follows, he finds that this is a small kitchen area, with a pot of tea and two tea cups in the center of a table. It looks like Master Lee knew that Sen was coming here before Sen himself did.

LiamHS.jpg

"Here? Since a little after New Year's. I've been training for football since... wow, about 10 years now. Hadn't thought of it like that," Kevin says.

"Football, eh? That's cool. I'm more of a baseball fan myself," says Liam, pointing to his t-shirt. "But that'll help, too. Playin' football that long means ya got endurance and resilience, and that matters inna fight."

"How about you? You look like you've been doing this for years. Professionally, maybe, if you're a private tutor.

Liam lifts his eyebrows and grins. "Yeah, somethin' like that. I'm not really a tutor, though. If Master Lee thinks ya can benefit from hangin' with me, then so be it."

Look, I'm a college kid, and I can't afford much more than what I'm already paying..."

"Hey, don't worry about it," he replies with a shrug, "I don't charge folks, especially those brought in by Master Lee." Liam tosses the water bottle from one hand to another. "Besides, I already gotta a job."

Liam throws the bottle over his shoulder and it sinks deftly back into the duffel bag. He looks Kevin up and down then takes a step back. He bends his knees and raises his fists, his eyes steely and vibrant.

"If ya wanna move forward I gotta see what ya can do. Get inta yer stance. When yer ready, attack me. I'll defend."

LiamHS.jpg

"Here? Since a little after New Year's. I've been training for football since... wow, about 10 years now. Hadn't thought of it like that," Kevin says.

"Football, eh? That's cool. I'm more of a baseball fan myself," says Liam, pointing to his t-shirt. "But that'll help, too. Playin' football that long means ya got endurance and resilience, and that matters inna fight."

"How about you? You look like you've been doing this for years. Professionally, maybe, if you're a private tutor.

Liam lifts his eyebrows and grins. "Yeah, somethin' like that. I'm not really a tutor, though. If Master Lee thinks ya can benefit from hangin' with me, then so be it."

Look, I'm a college kid, and I can't afford much more than what I'm already paying..."

"Hey, don't worry about it," he replies with a shrug, "I don't charge folks, especially those brought in by Master Lee." Liam tosses the water bottle from one hand to another. "Besides, I already gotta a job."

Liam throws the bottle over his shoulder and it sinks deftly back into the duffel bag. He looks Kevin up and down then takes a step back. He bends his knees and raises his fists, his eyes steely and vibrant.

"If ya wanna move forward I gotta see what ya can do. Get inta yer stance. When yer ready, attack me. I'll defend."

LiamHS.jpg

Sen followed Master Lee into the room. He waited for Master Lee to seat himself then sat on the cushion across from him. He untrapped his sword and laid it down on the floor next to him. He quietly took the tea pot and poured out some for Master Lee then poured some for himself. As he poured he spoke. "I am curious Lee Sama," Sen began. He looked up. "How is it that you knew my father. It is not often that he speaks of the past." Master Lee smiled.

"I imagine not," he said wistfully. " You might find this hard to believe but there was once a time when both your father and I were young men." Sen did find it hard to believe. "I was something of a wanderer in my youth; much like a certain student of mine. I had decided to spend the night in small Tibetan village. The first time I met Kichiro he was the very picture of a Samurai warrior. Proud, confident and very stubborn." He chuckled. "We got into a... disagreement almost immediately, which was interrupted by a demonic attack on the village. I had no idea what he was or why he was in the village." He looked down at the Muramsa blade. "It was also the first time I had ever encountered an inhuman qi." Sen had the feeling that Master Lee had spoken more words to him in these five minutes than to anyone in a year.

"My father had the Muramasa?" Sen asked. Lee shook his head.

"No, that... was later." He sipped his tea. "He was an amazing swordsman nonetheless. There was no darkness in his sword, for it was wielded only to protect." He brought the cup low an dlocked eyes with Sen. "Why do you wield your sword?"

"To protect. Like my father," Sen replied. Master Lee didn't reply but his gaze didn't drift from Sen. Doubt crept in to Sens's mind. He had come to save his father. Why else would he come?

Sen followed Master Lee into the room. He waited for Master Lee to seat himself then sat on the cushion across from him. He untrapped his sword and laid it down on the floor next to him. He quietly took the tea pot and poured out some for Master Lee then poured some for himself. As he poured he spoke. "I am curious Lee Sama," Sen began. He looked up. "How is it that you knew my father. It is not often that he speaks of the past." Master Lee smiled.

"I imagine not," he said wistfully. " You might find this hard to believe but there was once a time when both your father and I were young men." Sen did find it hard to believe. "I was something of a wanderer in my youth; much like a certain student of mine. I had decided to spend the night in small Tibetan village. The first time I met Kichiro he was the very picture of a Samurai warrior. Proud, confident and very stubborn." He chuckled. "We got into a... disagreement almost immediately, which was interrupted by a demonic attack on the village. I had no idea what he was or why he was in the village." He looked down at the Muramsa blade. "It was also the first time I had ever encountered an inhuman qi." Sen had the feeling that Master Lee had spoken more words to him in these five minutes than to anyone in a year.

"No, that... was later." He sipped his tea. "He was an amazing swordsman nonetheless. There was no darkness in his sword, for it was wielded only to protect." He brought the cup low an dlocked eyes with Sen. "Why do you wield your sword?"

"To protect. Like my father," Sen replied. Master Lee didn't reply but his gaze didn't drift from Sen. Doubt crept in to Sens's mind. He had come to save his father. Why else would he come?

Kevin shrugs, leaning back to give Liam an opening to attack him first. When he sees that Liam meant what he said about attacking first, he moves forward swiftly. Unfortunately, he didn't get back into a fighting stance properly, and he telegraphs the move so that an old woman probably could have dodged it. He quickly gets back on the defensive, rather than leaving himself open for a devastating counterattack. He may get smacked around, but he's not being foolhardy.

Master Lee sits silently for a moment and takes a sip of his tea. He seems to be letting Sen work out his indecision and doubts before he continues to speak with him. The silence lasts just long enough to become a little uncomfortable before he speaks again.

"The first step to becoming a protector is to recognize your own weakness. The man who rushes off to do battle and falls into the enemy's trap has helped no one, least of all himself. You must look inside yourself and discover why you walk the path you chose. Was it a desire to keep people safe? A hope of rescuing your father, demonstrating your filial duty to him? Or was it to show that you are a powerful man?"

He stands up, looking down at Sen until he stands up. He is not a tall man, and Sen is. Even so, Sen can tell that Master Lee is truly worthy of the title. Even the sword, which usually feels as though it is crying for blood, seems cowed in his presence.

"I will tell you where to go to find Adrian Eldrich, but you will not go alone. My student will accompany you, and he will tell me what he witnesses," Master Lee says. He softens for a short moment. "I knew you when you were but a boy. May the sword not have claimed you."

The softer side fades away, and he is once again inscrutable. He motions for Sen to follow him, where the two of them come to see a fight in progress...

Kevin shrugs, leaning back to give Liam an opening to attack him first. When he sees that Liam meant what he said about attacking first, he moves forward swiftly. Unfortunately, he didn't get back into a fighting stance properly, and he telegraphs the move so that an old woman probably could have dodged it. He quickly gets back on the defensive, rather than leaving himself open for a devastating counterattack. He may get smacked around, but he's not being foolhardy.

Master Lee sits silently for a moment and takes a sip of his tea. He seems to be letting Sen work out his indecision and doubts before he continues to speak with him. The silence lasts just long enough to become a little uncomfortable before he speaks again.

"The first step to becoming a protector is to recognize your own weakness. The man who rushes off to do battle and falls into the enemy's trap has helped no one, least of all himself. You must look inside yourself and discover why you walk the path you chose. Was it a desire to keep people safe? A hope of rescuing your father, demonstrating your filial duty to him? Or was it to show that you are a powerful man?"

He stands up, looking down at Sen until he stands up. He is not a tall man, and Sen is. Even so, Sen can tell that Master Lee is truly worthy of the title. Even the sword, which usually feels as though it is crying for blood, seems cowed in his presence.

"I will tell you where to go to find Adrian Eldrich, but you will not go alone. My student will accompany you, and he will tell me what he witnesses," Master Lee says. He softens for a short moment. "I knew you when you were but a boy. May the sword not have claimed you."

The softer side fades away, and he is once again inscrutable. He motions for Sen to follow him, where the two of them come to see a fight in progress...

Sen was lost in contemplating Master Lee's words so he caught what he said late. "What? I don't need..." He stopped himself. It would not do to be rude to his father's old colleague. "Of course. Lee-Sama as you wish." He said with a bow. He didn't need any help. His clan had been taking care of their own affairs for centuries. Beside what help could a mere student provide? He chewed his lip as he followed Master Lee.

Sen was lost in contemplating Master Lee's words so he caught what he said late. "What? I don't need..." He stopped himself. It would not do to be rude to his father's old colleague. "Of course. Lee-Sama as you wish." He said with a bow. He didn't need any help. His clan had been taking care of their own affairs for centuries. Beside what help could a mere student provide? He chewed his lip as he followed Master Lee.

LiamHS.jpg

Kevin shrugs, leaning back to give Liam an opening to attack him first. When he sees that Liam meant what he said about attacking first, he moves forward swiftly. Unfortunately, he didn't get back into a fighting stance properly, and he telegraphs the move so that an old woman probably could have dodged it. He quickly gets back on the defensive, rather than leaving himself open for a devastating counterattack.

Liam sharply pivots his shoulders, and Kevin's fist passes through the empty space where Liam's chest was a moment ago. He grabs Kevin's wrist, but he doesn't squeeze or twist it. Instead, he briefly examines Kevin's angle of attack and the position of his shoulder in relation to his arm.

After a moment of hms and huhs Liam clears his throat.

"Focus on me," he explains, using Kevin's hand to point at Liam's chest, "and direct yer momentum here, to my center." Liam releases Kevin and returns to his stance. "Try again."

LiamHS.jpg

Kevin shrugs, leaning back to give Liam an opening to attack him first. When he sees that Liam meant what he said about attacking first, he moves forward swiftly. Unfortunately, he didn't get back into a fighting stance properly, and he telegraphs the move so that an old woman probably could have dodged it. He quickly gets back on the defensive, rather than leaving himself open for a devastating counterattack.

Liam sharply pivots his shoulders, and Kevin's fist passes through the empty space where Liam's chest was a moment ago. He grabs Kevin's wrist, but he doesn't squeeze or twist it. Instead, he briefly examines Kevin's angle of attack and the position of his shoulder in relation to his arm.

"Focus on me," he explains, using Kevin's hand to point at Liam's chest, "and direct yer momentum here, to my center." Liam releases Kevin and returns to his stance. "Try again."

LiamHS.jpg

Kevin takes a deep breath and tries again. This punch is better - Liam actually has to move out of the way this time. Unfortunately, he can still do so with relative ease. Kevin can't help but frown. He does better than this when he's on the football field; he should be able to hit the guy, at least. He can only move so fast.

Kevin takes a deep breath and tries again. This punch is better - Liam actually has to move out of the way this time. Unfortunately, he can still do so with relative ease. Kevin can't help but frown. He does better than this when he's on the football field; he should be able to hit the guy, at least. He can only move so fast.

LiamHS.jpg

"Very good," chirps Liam, "much better. Ya see what happened there? Ya controlled yer breathin' and focused, and yer attack was much more accurate and . . . honest, I guess ya can say. Very good."

Liam relaxes and bids Kevin to do the same. "I gotta admit, I'm not too up on qi or chi or mojo or whatever, but I know enough ta see ya got loads of potential. Practice more like this and ya'll reach yer goal."

"My advice? Meditate. Learn ta still yer mind and find yer center, then remember what ya did here today ta channel that energy properly."

LiamHS.jpg

"Very good," chirps Liam, "much better. Ya see what happened there? Ya controlled yer breathin' and focused, and yer attack was much more accurate and . . . honest, I guess ya can say. Very good."

Liam relaxes and bids Kevin to do the same. "I gotta admit, I'm not too up on qi or chi or mojo or whatever, but I know enough ta see ya got loads of potential. Practice more like this and ya'll reach yer goal."

"My advice? Meditate. Learn ta still yer mind and find yer center, then remember what ya did here today ta channel that energy properly."