водка мороженое (IC)

Weekdays were always slow. The evenings, especially after work, things picked up usually. But not today. Moira chalked the slow business to being as much a good thing as a bad thing. Fewer people meant she could interact with them more personally. She was playing pool with a few of them at the moment. Not winning by any means, but they were all having fun. After that was over, she returned to serving drinks behind the bar. In a few hours she would be doing the hero thing, but now she was just enjoying life.

Lady Winter was, in a word, exhausted. Most of her day so far had consisted of waking up, putting on her costume and Freezing muggers and thugs onto the pavement until the police showed. She even got shot in the arm a few times for her troubles. She went home and changed into a pair of jeans and a plane white t-shirt made of morphic molecules and decided to go out and see if she could find a place to get something to drink. Half an hour later (and more than a dozen looks in her direction) she came across a pup. Hmm...Not very busy...Oh what the hell. With that she stepped inside.

...Did the room just get a little chilly all the sudden? Lady Winter just went over to the bar and sat down. "Can I get a Vodka please if you have it?"

[divine]Cute blue chick at two o'clock,[/divine] Moira thought with a smile. As the icy girl got closer the room got a few degrees chillier. An ice controller? Moira slid over to the girl, ready to take her order vocally, but the snow girl already had her order in mind. A sultry Russian accent too? Good lord this was one nice package. She nodded and placed a small napkin in front of her and a glass on the napkin. A quick dip under the bar later, she had the vodka and poured it for her. "[divine]So,[/divine]" Moira said warmly sliding the drink to her, "[divine]You're Lady Winter, aren't you? I've heard a lot of good things about you.[/divine]"

"You have?" Lady Winter was surprised by that fact. "I was unaware that I have gained any fame in this city." She said, taking some of her drink and finding that familiar burning in her throat. "I hope none of it is bad. That is the last thing I want to happen to me here." Divine could just faintly see some droplets from some of the washed glasses freeze over.

"[divine]Word of mouth travels quickly, you know,[/divine]" Moira said with a nod, "[divine]Little good deeds you do will reflect on you in the long run.[/divine]" She shook her head, "[divine]I haven't heard anything bad at all,[/divine]" she said half lying. Beating up Dead Head was a story she hadn't fully investigated, but the dead man was still 'alive' last time she checked and no APBs were out for the ice controller, so no harm no foul. "[divine]And you know what they say,[/divine]" she said pouring herself a glass of vodka, "[divine]Ðа чужоÌй ротоÌк не накиÌнешь платоÌк.[/divine]" She raised her glass with a wink, "[divine]Cheers.[/divine]"

"I would not have suspected that news would travel quickly in a city this big."Lady Winter said, taking another mouthful. The few things she had done were probably eclipsed by the actions of the Freedom league, Young freedom and Next-Gen. "You are the only person I have ever met that quotes old sayings like that. most I have met that know them don't bother." The air was starting to warm up a little, though there was a slight chill that hung in the air.

"[divine]If you keep your ear to the ground and you hear a lot of things. You can say I'm very well-informed.[/divine]" Moira nodded and took a drink. The vodka was quite different than her favorite drink of rum. She couldn't quite place the flavor, if at all. Pretty good though. She could feel the cold atmosphere dissipating so she had obviously lightened the mood for the pretty blue girl. Moira leaned her head on her hand and looked at the ice princess as she lazily circled the rim of her glass with her finger, "[divine]Yeah, I'm not perfect with it, but I know a few phrases and the requisite small things. Not enough to hold a conversation. Pidgin, you might say. I'd love to learn the whole language. It does sound so sultry when spoken well.[/divine]" She smirked and took another drink.

"Quite a few people would like to speak the language on the motherland from what I've been told. Though most are not good with learning a whole new alphabet in the process." Lady winter said with another gulp of vodka. "I really should keep an ear closer to what happens in this city. Though it does get overwhelming at times. So many heroes running around, saving the day or the world. It is difficult to keep up with it all at times." The fact Moira seemed to know about her at all impressed the Blue Russian.

She took another mouthful then placed the empty drink onto the bar. She was starting to get a mild buzz now. "Another one? I have plenty to spend tonight."

• 3 weeks later...

Moira winked and poured Lady Winter another glass, "[divine]Anything for a for a pretty lady sweet as yourself. We aim to pl-[/divine]" She was cut short as a thick white tendril of silk grabbed her around the neck like a noose. It pulled her up to the ceiling and began to cocoon her. Fight as she might, it would not be denied it's prey. It was no use Moira melded into what looked like a cocoon hanging from the roof

"It seems we've caught a fighter, my children," a voice called from the roof, "a sweet feast you will have tonight." What was cocooning Moira, a woman in a black full body spandex costume covering every thing but her fanged mouth, appeared out of nowhere, hugging the cocoon it just made. It bit the the cocoon with a satisfactory moan, oblivious to the other patrons running out of the pub. "We can't let momma go hungry either."

Lady Winter nearly fell off her stool when Moira was lifted into the air, strings of silk quickly wrapped around her and dragged her towards the twisted spider woman above in the rafters. What is she doing? Her response came when the spider woman bit into the cocoon. Lady Winter felt a familiar chill to her hands as she stood up from her seat. "Hey!" She yelled before sending a torrent of ice and cold wind towards the mystery woman. "Let her go!'

The mother spider paid no attention to Lady Winter's pleas. She was too busy covering the cocoon with eggs to worry about people's complaints! She got a serious wake up call when a blast of ice hit her in the leg. She gasped for air as it stung really really bad, but it was not as bad as she thought. This angered the lady in black! Speedily crawling down from the roof, the mother spider quickly met Lady Winter face to face. The blackclad woman eerily had no holes for eyes or nose or ears, just a mouth full of sharp teeth and what looked like blood. She smiled, "You're not very bright, are you? Usually when this happens, people get the smart idea and run. When they don't run things like this happen." The spider lady grabbed Lady Winter's mouth and covered it. Lady Winter felt something trying to crawl into her mouth... a lot of little things actually!

LAdy Winter gagged as a crawling sensation stabbed at her tongue and mouth. She pulled back, feeling ill and sick as she tried to spit out whatever the Spider had tried to shove down her throat, but it seemed whatever it was, some had managed to go down. That is the most disgusting thing I have ever felt, and I have felt some of the worst out there. She glared at the woman as the air grew colder. Within moment, a massive hammer made out of ice formed in her hand. "You yourself are not so bright." She managed to say, her voice slightly sickly. She coughed as she hefted her hammer. "Most are smart not to get so close to me when I can do this!" And then with a might swing, Her hammer landed a blow on the monstrous woman before her.

Momma Spider flew back into the wall! many bottles of alcohol were broken. Not to mention the wooden cabinet. There was even a crack in the stone wall behind it. Lady Winter did some serious damage. The spider lady tried to get up, but her head was spinning. There was not much she could do after the mighty wallop except try to shake it off!

Lady Winter stopped again to gag. She tried coughing for a moment, homing to disloge what crawled inside, but to no avail. Better end this quickly. No telling what could happen to either Moira or I soon Regaining what was left of her composure she made her way over to the mother spider, leaping over the bar with her hammer held high. She swung it once more just as she landed, the mass of cold ice hit the spider creature with the force and fury of winter itself. Enough power behind it could send her flying once more.

Momma Spider braced herself against the wall for the incoming blow. It was damn hard. She barely kept from passing out. She caught her breath and looked to the ceiling with a smile. She could sense her babies still feasting on the very healthy woman inside the cocoon. Her babies inside the cold woman were still alive too. If she wanted to stay alive she had to get back to that cocoon. Quickly scurrying up the wall and to the rafters, she latched on to the cocoon, trying to draw sustenance from it, but to no avail. Her babies were working fast. Soon they would be incubating in the warm hive of the girl's body. Momma Spider cackled and shot a web at Lady Winter.

Lady Winter stopped, heaving as she spat out the few spiders crawling within. She quickly stamped her feet on them and crushed them under her heel. She turned to the Spider Woman, her eyes starting glow red faintly as she felt the cold running down her hand. She narrowly dodged a incomming web shot, watching it stick to the wall and nothing else. "No more playing around." She sneered as she let out another torrent of ice at the spider woman, Dasha's anger growing at the spiders twisted and sick actions.

Momma Spider growled as she saw her babies lives were ended. She had two options: stay up here and nurse or avenger those dear to her. With another bite she drew deeply from the cocoon with a smile. Almost ready! With a scream of rage quick flourish she hopped down from the ceiling and grabbed at Lady Winter, trying to pull her down to the ground.

Despite the Spiders skill and her sudden drop, Lady Winter was able to throw the spider woman off her. The creatures bites into Moiras cocoon started to worry her, and the hatchlings might be making quicker work of moira than she could guess. Dammit, this thing is distracting me all a long! Got to re-priorities "I'll get to you in a second." She sneered as she kicked herself off the ground, gliding up to moiras silk prison on a path of ice emerging from the floor. She gripped the head of her hammer and crushed it. In seconds it had reformed into a massive Ax made of ice. She heft the blade and cut into the silk.

"Oh no you don't," Momma Spider reprimanded the flying ice cube while shooting a web to the ceiling and hanging there. "You are not prepared, but you'll have to do for now." Momma Spider bared her monstrous fangs and grabbed Lady Winter, latching on to her. She bit into her cold skin with a moan as they fell to the ground. "So raw," she said sitting on top of her prey after drawing deep from her jugular, "I'm going to be sick. If don't stop... But you taste like alcohol and ice cream."

Lady Winter felt her blood rush out of her veins and into the maw of the Spider creature clinging to her. But Lady Winter had endured worse, though she could not remember what it was. She frowned as she summoned chilling air to her hand. She tried to aim and send the cold air towards the demon. Ice covered the spiders black body as the killer frost worked its way though her body, hopefully weakening the creature and making it more receptive to her blows.

What the Blue Russian did not expect was how effective the frost would be. The Spider Mother screamed in agony as her twisted organs started to freeze over. Heart, lungs everything was slowly froze solid. Not too long she fell backwards and collapsed onto the ground. Her body grew colder and colder until it was nothing but a block of ice in the shape of the monster, her face locked in the last moments of pain it would ever feel.

Lady Winter slowly stood back up, rubbing her neck from the spider bite. SHe was about to relax when she remembered Moira's body still trapped in its silk prison. She ran forward, sliding up the still formed pathway of ice and started hacking away the the strings like a madwoman.

The silk was as strong as iron, but that didn't stop Lady Winter. Her ice was stronger! A few whacks with the ax later and Moira slid out of the cocoon. She looked like she had been though a lot. She was sticky and bloody, her clothes were torn a bit from where the larger spiders had bitten. Despite all that she remained calm. Her breathing was slow. She held on to Lady Winter for support. She smiled and whispered, "[divine]Thank you.[/divine]" She cradled in Lady Winter's grasp and looked around. It wouldn't be long before the city spirit came and cleaned this up. "[divine]Can you do me a favor,[/divine]" she asked weakly, "[divine]Turn off the lights and put the closed sign. I need to rest Also, can you take me home? Resting here won't help at all.[/divine]" She chuckled lightly.

Lady Winter winched when she finally caught sight of Moira. She held her tight in one arm as she slid back down the frozen path. "Of course, let me just..." She reached down and picked up a stool that seemed to have fallen over in the fight. She tried her best to get the bartender sitted. "There. Relax here for a bit vhile I take care of things here." Her english was starting to break down. The fight had taken a bit more out of her. Might have been the sudden blood loss she figured. It didn't take Lady Winter very long to get the place shut down. She did stop halfway though when she came across the Hunk of ice that was formally the Spider mother. She gave the heap a swift kick which had much more force than she expected. The whole thing shattered into a thousand tiny shards of ex-demon, much of which was starting to melt away. "...I have no idea how your are going to get zat out of ze floor." She said nervously as she quickly finished up. Air was starting to develope that same chill when she first came into the pup...

Not long after everything was done, Lady Winter helped Moira outside. "So then, where to?" She seemed to have gotten the accent buried deep again.

• 2 weeks later...

Moira couldn't lie, it was satisfying seeing the one who would have her for dinner shattered into a million icy pieces. Also that accent of Lady Winter had her head swimming. Well, either that or the blood loss. She held herself up the best she could as she supervised Lady Winter shutting everything down. She smiled when it was over. She coughed weakly as after Lady Winter asked her question. She spoke softly, it felt like anything above a whisper would make her brain hurt. "[divine]I live close to here. Please if I could just get clean and get some rest. I'm sticky and tired and everything hurts. I,[/divine]" she paused for a second, wondering how Lady Winter would take the next question, "[divine]I have a request. Could you stay with me until I'm better? I don't want to be alone right now. I don't even know what that thing did to me. I need your help.[/divine]"

Somehow, Moira's words were having a strange effect on the Blue Russians mind. It was indescribable. Closest explanation was someone reaching into her head and playing around with the inner mechanics of it all. "O...Of course." Lady Winter said, her mind feeling just a little foggy and faint herself. "After what I've seen, it would not be a good idea to leave you alone for some time." She really wasn't thinking that hard as she lifted Moira into her arms and kicked off the ground, a path of ice following her towards the bartenders home.